Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arachne in Joust?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Arachne in Joust? 13 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Viable or unviable?
Viable
Unviable
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 13, 2013 1:42am | Report
I've had some trouble winning first win of the day in Joust matches until I went into crazy "Idontgivea****" mode and tried arachne.

Since then I've been able to win most of my Joust matches, is this a coincidence or is it because "ARACHNE OP NOW"?

I haven't played *that* many games with her, just correct me if I'm wrong, my Joust play flows as follows:

0) (Build): lvl 2 Warriors Tabi, 2 Health Pots and a Manapot. Starting abilities: 1, 2, 3, each one point.

1)Start at Bluebuff. This is crucial so you can keep up your harassment in lane. You need to lay eggs to push lanes back and always be ready to jump your enemy in case a duel breaks out.
For the bluebuff, lay 2-3 eggs in the buff area, spread far from each other so your enemy has to walk into or through the whole camp to trigger them all if he wants to stop you early. If he does, do not be afraid to lay down your net so he can't jump out (cripple), hit him 3 times for your passive to fully proc and jump him for epic Arachna-sex. With the spiders he triggerd, your poison and your 2, his HP will drop FAST, and any damage he or in the worst case, the campmonster dealt to you will start to heal up. Early kill + Bluebuff is an amazing pressure tool early on.

2) Stay passive in lane until level 5.
Try to lay eggs to passively push your lane, if you can kill minions faster then he does you can get to level 5 before he does, and then you have a small timeframe in witch you have the absolute upper hand. You can't walk up to an enemy and kick his ***, it will not work this way. ESPECIALLY if monions are present.
(Do NOT hesitate, however, to abuse your early dueling power if he is stupid enough to hit YOU behind your lines and draw minion aggro. Remember, 3 hits to fully proc passive and jump to silence/counterheal minion damage.)

3) You hit level 5. This is where the fun starts.
a)If you had the small window of time in wich you are lvl 5 and he is lvl 4, try to land a grab -> 3 (No more, maybe just 2 if you still have low attack speed) Autoattacks -> Jump it.
(He WILL almost CERTAINLY see that one coming. I would do it without the net if I were you, it looks like you're trying too hard. Do not shoot if he is looking in your direction, wait until he turns away and try to predict his path, just one step or too is enough. The hitbox on your grab is incredibly small. Don't worry about minions though, you shoot right through them. The only thing stopping your ult are walls and other champs.)
b) You hit level 5 at the same time. Try the same tactic as above.
c) He is a mad pusher and hits level 5 before you. DO NOT ENGAGE BEFORE YOU HIT LVL 5, except if he is stupid. Wait until you have lvl 5, if he is not 6 yet, try the grab.
-) Sidenote: Do not forget potions, try not to get harrassed. If you're low, you can't suprise engage. Make sure you have enough Mana for the grab AND the jump. Also, watch his escapes, do not chase unneccessarily.

4) If Number 3 was successfull, you have an advantage. Push to his tower to get some tower dmg in and recall ASAP. Buy something, back to lane, PRESSURE/Put down eggs, push his tower. If he turns around, predict, grab, same as before. Random grabs work too sometimes, be aware of the fact that he will feel confident and try to play more aggressive the next 30 seconds or so. (CD reduction buff helps to keep the pressure up, if you have enough Manapots. Laying eggs more often and the enemy not knowing exactly when your grab is up is cool. Also, if a long fight ensues, you might want to use your jump 2 times, for increased healing or evading things like Guan Yu's 2nd and 3rd strike of ult or an Anubis Ult. 3 Autoattacks, Jump, Autoattack until jump comes off of cooldown, jump again. This has saved my life quite often.

5) The early level skillpoints; I always take one in each just in case the enemy tries to stomp my eggs in the manacamp. I had an early kill on Ahnur because of that once. Taking 2-1-0 might work too, I still have to try this one. It would improve my clearing time and allow for more lvl 3 pressure, and with lvl 4 I would take the utility net. This is however unsafe and I am not sure if I want to recommend it until I tried.

6) Late level skillpoints; I try to max eggs and the jump around the same time, for egg lane pressure and for damage once I actually jump him. The grab has of course, like most other ults, top priority. The net is a utility ability, one point early for availability and leave it there, max last.

7) Build;
Okay. This is why I think this works; its because I adapt every build to the current enemy I am fighting.The best fights I base this guide off of are one vs. Ra (not the bot) and one vs Ahnur, with I honestly thought I would lose around lvl 5, 6, 7 but I still won with wayyy positive stats.
This is what you have to do:

!THINK about how a fight with your enemy actually looks!

1) Ra. With Ra, I knew there would be no dueling. He is a mage. He doesn't deal damage over time, he deals burst damage. I can't use lifesteal here, and if i try to heal myself up on minions I'll just let his abilites get off of cooldown for another blast. (Same goes propably for the likes of Agni, He-Bo, Anubis, Ao Kuang and others.)
No Lifesteal. No devourers gloves. The first item I built was The Executioner, after that a Titans Bane. Of course shoes first, and because I always pared carefull attention to when he used an ability, I was able to juke everything. He barely ever hit me. It was a win pretty early, and pretty clear.
2) Ahnur; OH **** A PHYSICAL TANKY DPS HERO WHO ALSO CAN BUILD LIFESTEAL. WHAT DO I DO.
After my shoes, I built the Devourers glove, because I knew there will be dueling. This will be a long, drawn out conflict. After that, I aimed for Witch Stone. I think the witch stone is incredibly underrated, but I absolutely love the witch stone, it makes your dueling vs. atkdmg gods really one-sided. Physical Protetion, Health, Attack Damage, Attack Speed and an aura that slows the Attack Damage and Attack Speed of enemies. This is an ADCarries absolute worst nightmare. It destorys everything he's good at. After that, against all my instincts as an assassin-arachne player, I went tanky. Hide of the Nemean Lion to reflect his damage, addictional Health and Physical Protection, Midgardian Mail for common reasons and to slow his attack speed even more when he hit me. When I noticed he was building Physical Defense, I bought an Executioner. (BTW I absolutely ADORE how well the executioner synergizes with Arachne. 3 hits to apply full passive, 3 hits to apply full executioner stacks. Jump em, 8 legged sexyness.) I think Titan's Bane would have been a good alternative. For actives, I took aegis to endure his Ult and sprint to catch up to him after his jump-escape and lay my net in the way. I could pressure the lane very well, and regularly got myself a manabuff and cd reduction. Movementspeed was nice too.
And Presto. I have never seen an Arachne win a 1v1 against an Ahnur, and I never thought I'd not only see it but be the one to make it happen. Maybe he sucked. I don't know. Please tell me. From my judgings, he was okay. He got an early kill because I was careless, he just ulted and I died. He tried to juke me, he stunned me, he didn't use his escapes to innitiate. Still, pls tell.
-)Other Tanky DPS dealers would of course include Odin, Thor and alikes. Always think about what to build and react according to your enemy.

...3), actual AD carries...
I have yet to play against a Neith or an Artemis. I have no idea how this would work out. I would aim for Witch-Stone and Devourers Glove, and buy beads so I don't end up in a stunlock. And then I would just hope I am smart enough to get her before she gets me.
If anybody has an opinion on this, pls tell.

BOTTOMLINE
(____) <-
I think Arachne is viable in Joust. I can outsmart my enemies well with her, and I had success in the last few games. Opinions pls.

TD;DR
Read it you lazy f'ck.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 13, 2013 9:01pm | Report
So I guess no one wants to answer because wall of text? :(

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 13, 2013 9:06pm | Report
Why don't you make a guide?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 13, 2013 9:56pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Why don't you make a guide?

That is actually a good question.

I'll think about it. Maybe I'll do one. Never done one before.
Tutorials?

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 13, 2013 10:53pm | Report
I see no reason why Arachne wouldn't be good at Joust. She has one of the strongest early games in Conquest mode, and is one of the most powerful duelists out there on top of that. The recent buffs to her kit only made her that much better too.

In the end, Joust always boils down to how well you know your opponents, how well you understand building and counterbuilding to give yourself an edge over your opponent, and of course, your actual skill at using the god.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 14, 2013 1:06am | Report
Welp, where did the post from Ragingstorm go?
BBcoding and all.

Edit:
Alrighty. Thanks.

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 14, 2013 1:09am | Report
I was saying you can come to me for BB Coding help if needed.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » April 14, 2013 1:23am | Report
all of it looks good except for sum of your skill build arachne is one of the few gods that you can leave her ult at 1 all it does is increase the already minimal dmg, in joust you can leave her net at 1 but in conquest you will want to max her net after the 2.

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OGreatFox » April 14, 2013 10:21pm | Report
I got owned by some Arachne in a just before. Looked at their profile, they had 90% win ratio with Arachne with hundreds of jousts done. Sorta scary that I got to the "almost beating them" stage with Hercules with currently I think 3 jousts under my belt.

But, it was pretty intense :p
Meow.

OGreatFox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 15, 2013 12:03am | Report
OGreatFox wrote:

I got owned by some Arachne in a just before. Looked at their profile, they had 90% win ratio with Arachne with hundreds of jousts done. Sorta scary that I got to the "almost beating them" stage with Hercules with currently I think 3 jousts under my belt.

But, it was pretty intense :p

Nice to hear that. Whats your IGN name? I'd like to look at your match history and maybe get the IGN of that player, just to talk to them.

Husonaut90

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }