Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arachne in Joust?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Arachne in Joust? 13 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Viable or unviable?
Viable
Unviable
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MechaBowser » April 15, 2013 3:29am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

In the end, Joust always boils down to how well you know your opponents, how well you understand building and counterbuilding to give yourself an edge over your opponent, and of course, your actual skill at using the god.

I completely agree with this, and I think this denotes the most important part of jousting; knowledge of how to play one on one is more important most of the time than the kits your god has. I've played with some pretty talented players that don't play much joust, and they get stomped when they do because one on one is a completely different set of skills from team play. Arachne is also a perfect example of this, because she can destroy so many opponents if she corners them, or in joust, but in high level team comps she's a rarity because she doesn't bring a lot to team fights. A player has to keep in mind that what they are capable of personally is a whole different category from what they can do with a team.

MechaBowser

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OGreatFox » April 15, 2013 4:41pm | Report
Same as this name, OGreatFox.
Meow.

OGreatFox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 16, 2013 10:20am | Report
I'm not much of a Joust player. But, when I play Arachne in Conquest, she is insanely powerful in 1v1 situations. The poison dot tick. The silence. The pull. All add up to pretty good abilities and pretty good odds 1v1. She has some lifegain, which means decent sustain and not an over-reliance on health pots.

No leap, though, means she has to be careful of the counter-attack. But with no other enemies to rush in and assist or snipe, you don't have the concerns you do about escapability like you do in Conquest.

... makes me want to try her in Joust now...

mellojoe

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }