Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Apollo, attack speed and Audacity

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Apollo, attack speed and Audacity 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 12, 2013 7:27am | Report
Why are we talking about that.? The main idea is not to waste Apollo item on speed only and use it for power and critical and lifesteal. And one important thing : DON'T MISS

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 12, 2013 7:56am | Report
mittfel wrote:

No sir, you are wrong aswell.

Audacity does not double your attack speed, all it does is increase it by 100%, as in 1.00 attack speed bonus, but in smite scaling, it is only giving you 90% as in 0.9 attack per second extra. It has NOTHING to do with your attack speed that you have as this gives you the same effect in every level or what items you might be buying.

And so are you my good sir. :P

What you forget is to think about what amount of attack speed is getting increased by 100% or double if you will. It is really simple actually all you need to do is look at the base attack speed at lvl 0 (Just look at his base stats), which is 0,9 (1,0 for Ne Zha for example). So HiRez doesn't do anything fancy with the percentages, the just never really stated what the percentages are taken from.

So then you can see that 100% or double of 0,9 is 0,9. It works the same way when it comes to attack speed items etc.

So yeah, that's basically how attack speed works in this game (easy to misunderstand).

Hope this helps :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 13, 2013 2:21am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I know, I know, I know. But if just a normal person saw 'increase by 100%', they'd assume it's just doubling, as that is what increasing by 100% is.

I guess that's fair, maybe they should remove the percentage and just let it say 50 or so. :P

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 13, 2013 3:02am | Report
I would say that they should change it so that it said "increased by 100% of your base attack speed at lvl 0", which is what it does.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by EnjoiDank » October 16, 2013 4:31pm | Report
id say around 50-70% atk speed from items is good enough for him to proc his passive often without overdoing it and making it seem like his passive doesnt do anything anymore.
IGN: Dankus

EnjoiDank

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 5:53pm | Report
It will depend on your play style, but I myself wouldn't get more than Warrior Tabi and The Executioner maybe Rage if I'm in the mood for killing some squishies :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by spuik » October 29, 2013 4:01am | Report
Increasing it by 100% doesn't mean doubling, it just means you get 100% more speed. This will double your attack speed if you have no attack speed increase at all on items. But if you have 50% attack speed from items, you will have 150% with audacity.
I iz in ur lasagnas, sucking out ur cheesez

spuik

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » October 29, 2013 5:36am | Report
Apollo has 0.9 base AS and 0.011 AS per level.

So base AS 0.9 + level AS 0.011 * 20 + item AS * 0.9 + 100% Audacity * 0.9 should be less than 2.5 AS cap

More than 53.3% AS on items run into AS cap.

Tantal

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }