Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Apollo, attack speed and Audacity

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Apollo, attack speed and Audacity 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Axler » June 7, 2013 10:06am | Report
I was doing some testing to see if Audacity could push Apollo over the 2.5 cap on attack speed. It can't FYI. This lead me to another question how much attack speed should I put into my build so that I don't waste any when audacity procs?

Given that Audacity is supposed to double your attack speed whilst active then the obvious number to aim for would be 1.25 correct? Well no actually it seems that Audacity doesn't actually do what it says it does. It doesn't double anything it only ever adds a flat 0.9 to your attack speed no matter what level you are or what your base attack speed is.

So we need to get an attack speed of 1.6 so that when Audacity is active we hit but do not go over the 2.5 cap? Well a naked lvl 20 Apollo has an attack speed of 1.12 a quick bit of maths leads us to believe that we need 40% attack speed improvement is what we need as 1.12 * 1.4 = 1.56. Wrong again, it seems when working out your buffed attack speed after items the game doesn't use your current base attack speed but rather 0.9 and works from there so to get close to our 1.6 number we need a 50% attack speed buff as 1.12 + (0.9 * .5) = 1.57.

The only reason I can think of for this is the attack speed of a level 0 Apollo is 0.9 and rather than using your current speed the game always uses this number instead.

So how much attack speed should I stack well anything over +50% and you start to get diminishing returns. Although of course you would still get the benefit of the improved speed on your normal attacks but I think on balance more power/crit would give me a bigger damage improvement overall.

Sorry if this is old news to everyone else as I've only just started playing Smite.

Axler.

Axler

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » June 7, 2013 1:56pm | Report
Hey, even though some people knew this, some didn't like me. I never used apollo and I have to say that this would be useful for theory crafting when I play him so thanks!
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 7, 2013 4:26pm | Report
I would say that Audacity is very very good at early games, but not so good at late game since it's hard to get it when doing team fight. I would recommend getting crit and lifesteal than trying to focus on attack speed.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 7, 2013 10:55pm | Report
It's doubling his attack speed, so.... Just half of the max should be fine. But I recommend you still build over the halfway mark, as audacity only affects 30 out of every 100 shots, so I recommend you do not rely on audacity late and just build attack speed as normal.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 7, 2013 11:10pm | Report
I suggest not going that much attack speed on him, but getting items that do have a bit of attack speed AND stronger basic attacks ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 8, 2013 7:26am | Report
Well, sorry to say this but your theory is all wrong.

Firstly, you should read his passive Audacity one more time. It doesn't say anything about 'doubling' your attack speed.

Secondly, 100% is equal to 90% as it removes 1% for each 10%, or 0.1 from each 1.0 if you prefer.
Examples:

15% Attack Speed is actually 0.135
20% Attack Speed is actually 0.18
30% Attack Speed is actually 0.27
50% Attack speed is actually 0.45

Apollo's attack speed is 1.12 in level 20, which means that with his Audacity active, he will have 1.12 + 0.9 which is equal to 2.02.

Now, theoratically, we just need 0.48 to hit the cap here. However, 0.1 is only equal to 0.09, so instead of needing 0.48, we now need a number that has infinite decimals, by only using three, we get the number 0.534.
using only three of them points out that it is somewhere around to 0.534 in order to reach above 2.5 because 0.534 is 0.48006.

So then, the answer for your question, how many percentage you need in order to reach cap with Audacity active is an in-game percentage of 53.4%. Anything above this number will be wasted.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » June 8, 2013 8:54am | Report
Well that theory is broken. Theory crafting is now redone.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 10, 2013 5:06am | Report
mittfel wrote:

Well, sorry to say this but your theory is all wrong.

Firstly, you should read his passive Audacity one more time. It doesn't say anything about 'doubling' your attack speed.

Secondly, 100% is equal to 90% as it removes 1% for each 10%, or 0.1 from each 1.0 if you prefer.
Examples:

15% Attack Speed is actually 0.135
20% Attack Speed is actually 0.18
30% Attack Speed is actually 0.27
50% Attack speed is actually 0.45

Apollo's attack speed is 1.12 in level 20, which means that with his Audacity active, he will have 1.12 + 0.9 which is equal to 2.02.

Now, theoratically, we just need 0.48 to hit the cap here. However, 0.1 is only equal to 0.09, so instead of needing 0.48, we now need a number that has infinite decimals, by only using three, we get the number 0.534.
using only three of them points out that it is somewhere around to 0.534 in order to reach above 2.5 because 0.534 is 0.48006.

So then, the answer for your question, how many percentage you need in order to reach cap with Audacity active is an in-game percentage of 53.4%. Anything above this number will be wasted.

Increasing by 100% is doubling...

To someone who was not aware of the formulas for attack speed, they would simply read the passive as doubling. You are right about the maths, but you are wrong when you say it says nothing about doubling on Audacity.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 12, 2013 3:17am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Increasing by 100% is doubling...

To someone who was not aware of the formulas for attack speed, they would simply read the passive as doubling. You are right about the maths, but you are wrong when you say it says nothing about doubling on Audacity.

No sir, you are wrong aswell.

Audacity does not double your attack speed, all it does is increase it by 100%, as in 1.00 attack speed bonus, but in smite scaling, it is only giving you 90% as in 0.9 attack per second extra. It has NOTHING to do with your attack speed that you have as this gives you the same effect in every level or what items you might be buying.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 12, 2013 5:13am | Report
mittfel wrote:

No sir, you are wrong aswell.

Audacity does not double your attack speed, all it does is increase it by 100%, as in 1.00 attack speed bonus, but in smite scaling, it is only giving you 90% as in 0.9 attack per second extra. It has NOTHING to do with your attack speed that you have as this gives you the same effect in every level or what items you might be buying.

I know, I know, I know. But if just a normal person saw 'increase by 100%', they'd assume it's just doubling, as that is what increasing by 100% is.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }