Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ad carry test

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » ad carry test 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 4, 2013 1:07am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Anhur is actually quite fine if you stop to think about it.

Xbal on the other hand is still a bit overpowered. Has a high base output. His 2-3 combo is just so insanely powerful. His passive makes him even more of a pain onces he's been fed. His Ult can pretty much shut down a team if done properly.

Cupid unfortunately is more a support god than adc. He just doesn't have the overall damage output as the others.

anhur has a ton of cc and the second higgest damage and you would know that if you START thinking about it. no god is op is you don't think about it but if you actually think about anything in life you can actually make rasional desision.

xbal can doe the most damage in existence but needs to get fed. if he doesn't get his passive stacks that means that he didn't get kills and that is on a carry not good as you will probebly know.

again anhur is the 1st pick ad carry while xbal is 4rth pick.

if like you say xbal is so OP than why is anhur the #1?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 4, 2013 9:03am | Report
All4Games wrote:

anhur has a ton of cc and the second higgest damage and you would know that if you START thinking about it. no god is op is you don't think about it but if you actually think about anything in life you can actually make rasional desision.

xbal can doe the most damage in existence but needs to get fed. if he doesn't get his passive stacks that means that he didn't get kills and that is on a carry not good as you will probebly know.

again anhur is the 1st pick ad carry while xbal is 4rth pick.

if like you say xbal is so OP than why is anhur the #1?

Because Anhur works better in a team setting. Like you said yourself; he has tons of CC. CC is actually needed more late game than anything else if the teams are evenly matched.

The reason I said Xbal is overpowered is due to his ability to literally go 2v1 without any problem. No other ADC can do that.

So the reason why Anhur is number one is due to him being the second strongest ADC with good CC. Yet his main combo requires some skill and timing to pull off compared to Xbals 2-3 combo.

Xbals is just two AOE damage abilities while Anhurs' relies on a ground target ability that can be avoided easier with an escape.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 4, 2013 9:50am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Because Anhur works better in a team setting. Like you said yourself; he has tons of CC. CC is actually needed more late game than anything else if the teams are evenly matched.

The reason I said Xbal is overpowered is due to his ability to literally go 2v1 without any problem. No other ADC can do that.

So the reason why Anhur is number one is due to him being the second strongest ADC with good CC. Yet his main combo requires some skill and timing to pull off compared to Xbals 2-3 combo.

Xbals is just two AOE damage abilities while Anhurs' relies on a ground target ability that can be avoided easier with an escape.

Anhur is an ad Carry with a ton of cc and a ton of damage=OP

So many Gods can 1v2 but there is only one ranged Carry who can do that and that makes him OP? Look at how many mages can do it.

Xbal's combo fall's off late game while anhur's is strong through the entire game.

Anhur's combo is more difficult but can be set up with other gods and he could also put up a slow into a map wall, which gives him the same effect and is easier.

Every god is fine when you stop thinking about is but when you do think about them you would know the trueth and than you become a smarter humanbeing and we need a lot more of those.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 5, 2013 4:44am | Report
None of the carries are OP imo.

Xbal's 2-3 combo does a ton of damage early game the same way that Neith's double Spirit Arrows (On a carry you do about 50 percent of their health from lvl 3-9 if you skill correctly). And if you abuse this you will easily get incredibly fed. Both of them have a superb global presence when it comes to setting up ganks etc.

Anhur is extremely good at 1v1, he kind of got the same thing as Neith and Xbal with the pillar- impale combo (due to him being able to at least do 50% damage if he stuns and then hits some basic attacks, so a bit weaker burst damage earlygame and it isn't aoe). No global presence, but his ult can be devastating early game (falls off late game, never worth using unless you want cc immunity or you are able to hit 2+ enemies).

Apollo with full passive and the correct build has insane burst damage to everyone throughout the entire game (noted you have to be able to hit basic attacks, but it isn't aoe). He basically got 3 escapes and a great global presence. So if you get good at hitting all your basic attacks Apollo is definitely a very good pick.

So everyone has their strong sides.

Xbal:
High burst damage earlygame
AOE damage
Strong global presence
Hits hard if "fed"

Skills fall of lategame
Needs to be "fed"
No really good crowd control

Neith:
AOE damage
Strong global presence
AOE crowd control
Lifesteal
Attack speed debuff (superb for lategame 1v1 carries)

"Low" damage from basic attacks
Low damage from skills lategame

Anhur:
High burst damage
Hard crowd control
Hits really hard
Crowd control immunity

No global presence
No AOE damage (except ult if timed right)

Apollo:
High burst damage
AOE crowd control
A lot of escapes
Great global presence
Basic attacks is main source of damage (consistent trough the entire game)

You have to be able to hit basic attacks
No "stun"

Neith, Apollo and Anhur are strong good picks for everything. Xbal needs communication with the ulty and you have to take advantage of the burst damage earlygame and he will be devastating.

IMO Neith is best, but that is just me (played her a lot before, mostly play Anhur now).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 5, 2013 9:15am | Report

None of the carries are OP imo.

Xbal's 2-3 combo does a ton of damage early game the same way that Neith's double Spirit Arrows (On a carry you do about 50 percent of their health from lvl 3-9 if you skill correctly). And if you abuse this you will easily get incredibly fed. Both of them have a superb global presence when it comes to setting up ganks etc.

Anhur is extremely good at 1v1, he kind of got the same thing as Neith and Xbal with the pillar- impale combo (due to him being able to at least do 50% damage if he stuns and then hits some basic attacks, so a bit weaker burst damage earlygame and it isn't aoe). No global presence, but his ult can be devastating early game (falls off late game, never worth using unless you want cc immunity or you are able to hit 2+ enemies).

Apollo with full passive and the correct build has insane burst damage to everyone throughout the entire game (noted you have to be able to hit basic attacks, but it isn't aoe). He basically got 3 escapes and a great global presence. So if you get good at hitting all your basic attacks Apollo is definitely a very good pick.

So everyone has their strong sides.

Xbal:
AOE damage
Strong global presence
Hits hard if "fed"

Skills fall of lategame
Needs to be "fed"
No really good crowd control

Neith:
AOE damage
Strong global presence
AOE crowd control
Lifesteal
Attack speed debuff (superb for lategame 1v1 carries)

"Low" damage from basic attacks
Low damage from skills lategame

Anhur:
High burst damage
Hard crowd control
Hits really hard
Crowd control immunity

No global presence
No AOE damage (except ult if timed right)

Apollo:
High burst damage
AOE crowd control
A lot of escapes
Great global presence
Basic attacks is main source of damage (consistent trough the entire game)

You have to be able to hit basic attacks
No "stun"

Neith, Apollo and Anhur are strong good picks for everything. Xbal needs communication with the ulty and you have to take advantage of the burst damage earlygame and he will be devastating.

IMO Neith is best, but that is just me (played her a lot before, mostly play Anhur now).

personally i disagree because anhur has more cc all pys tanks and more than some magic tanks. making him pretty OP.

Neith
her global presence depends if the player is good with her and helps out by shooting to set up a potantial kill or is just gonna shoot at the last second to take the kill.

Anhur
okay fair enough he doesn't have global pressence but so? name all the global ults in the game, yes most are on ad carries but how many are on mages, assassins and tanks. not a whole lot and they are still good without global.

compared to other ad carries you are right and it is a disadvantage but still only half of the ad carries have global ults.

also anhurs 4 million escapes could be in your list.

Apollo
i don't see his AOE cc to be strong enough on it's own but it is defently not weak unless you also count his speed debuff.

also. APOLLO BEST AD CARRY, APOLLO 4 LIFE, jk (though not kidding about apollo's awesomeness)
everyone can have their opinions.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 6, 2013 3:37am | Report
Ahh yeah, intended to put the escape part on Anhur must have forgotten it (Apollo has better/easier escapes though).

And don't get me wrong, in solo queue Anhur is my first pick without a doubt. Because all the other carries needs a support to help them set up kills, Anhur can do that all by him self :P

Neith, Apollo and Xbalanque is just better when it comes to help out your team and that is what I focus on. Whenever I play Anhur compared to any of the other 3 carries I get way higher k/d, but overall I help the team secure a lot more kills/objectives with Neith, Xbal or Apollo (noted that you pretty much need a 5 man team).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » August 8, 2013 1:12pm | Report

Ahh yeah, intended to put the escape part on Anhur must have forgotten it (Apollo has better/easier escapes though).

And don't get me wrong, in solo queue Anhur is my first pick without a doubt. Because all the other carries needs a support to help them set up kills, Anhur can do that all by him self :P

Neith, Apollo and Xbalanque is just better when it comes to help out your team and that is what I focus on. Whenever I play Anhur compared to any of the other 3 carries I get way higher k/d, but overall I help the team secure a lot more kills/objectives with Neith, Xbal or Apollo (noted that you pretty much need a 5 man team).

I agree with you on this. I have played a lot between neith and anhur. Neith is def more team oriented hence why she is also considered support,carry. Anhur has the tool set to set up his owm kills easier.
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 9, 2013 8:04pm | Report
One thing I must say.

Yea Anhur has crowd control but his crowd control is not even that amazing compared to tanks.

People act as if his crowd control is actually comparable to a tanks crowd control.

yea he may have TWO CC skills but those TWO CC SKILLS are not on PAR with the CC skills tanks like ymir have.

For example Ymirs stun is way and I mean 1110000% more effective than anhurs CC. In fact I would argue that Ymirs one CC alone is better than both of the CC anhur can do beacause its that good.

Ares chains cripple? ANnoying as hell and can get you killed.

Anhur's stun CC isn't really that bad because you have to be hit on a wall.

Anhurs sand isnt that bad becauses its JUST A SLOW. I say Its JUST A SLOW because you can dash out of it, jump out, backflip out, or even beads out of it.

Compared to the other CC like THORS stun its way worst the BOTH CC of anhur combined together.

I am saying just because you have 2 CC skills doesn't mean its better than a god who only has 1 CC SKILL.

Example : Thors 1 CC skill of his stun S H I T S on BOTH OF ANHURS CC SKILLS PUT TOGETHER.

Yea anhur has some cc but its really not that great compared to the **** on CC's gods like thor have.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » August 14, 2013 5:19am | Report
All4Games wrote:
all are crits.

art has ger steroid and would not need rage but for the test i got it but apollo has a steroid to which may or may not comeback faster then art's, also art might not do more damage then anhur or xbal if i would not buy rage and i would be disapionted in hirez if that's true.

Hmm, nice to read but makes it sense to compare crit strike damage?

Base attack speed is important - lvl attack speed too.
Base attack speed of Anhurt is 0.85 - so attack speed item scales not so great on him.
Art has not only more base attack speed - she has +15% crit change via passive and a speed steriod... - both not in the values

Neith does a good part of her damage via spells.

Like I said before - intersting to read but I fear DpS values would give us another view.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 14, 2013 5:55am | Report
Tantal wrote:

Hmm, nice to read but makes it sense to compare crit strike damage?

Base attack speed is important - lvl attack speed too.
Base attack speed of Anhurt is 0.85 - so attack speed item scales not so great on him.
Art has not only more base attack speed - she has +15% crit change via passive and a speed steriod... - both not in the values

Neith does a good part of her damage via spells.

Like I said before - intersting to read but I fear DpS values would give us another view.

i understand that different builds could give surten gods better damage and i have been saying that trough every test tread.

neith does good damage trough her abilities early/mid game but late game they become cc focused and her basic's are the real damage late.

all ranged gods had the same attackspeed with the same build. yes art and apollo have a steriod but they cant keep it active. the only ranged god who had a higher attackspeed then the others was cupid with 0.1 more then the rest.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }