Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will you have to pay for Smite when its released?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » Will you have to pay for Smite when its released? 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » November 19, 2012 3:52am | Report
I've gotten so hooked I don't think I could live without it, but I don't see myself putting out money every month the way WoW geeks do.

I might consider a one time fee, but I can't imagine a one time fee is going to cover server costs.

So what's Hi-Rez's business plan exactly? Kind of interests me. I doubt people buying gems generates near enough profit to keep those servers up nevermind feed the development team.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 19, 2012 4:17am | Report
Ofc it does, look at League of Legends.. Free to play with purchasable content is the new meta.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minho » November 19, 2012 4:27am | Report
I doubt you'll have to pay for it. OMG SLAPPIZ WHY YOU MIA ON MOBAFIREEE

Minho

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 19, 2012 4:35am | Report
Quoted:

I doubt you'll have to pay for it. OMG SLAPPIZ WHY YOU MIA ON MOBAFIREEE

Got banned for posting my abs in the faces to names thread, true story.

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 5:42am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Got banned for posting my abs in the faces to names thread, true story.

Among many other reasons.

Smite will be free, there are companies that are paying for things. They will make a very good profit of gem sales, and I would assume later on favor boosts. The events they host bring in money as well and streaming also bring in money for them, even when they do a god reveal you are paying them by just watching.

This is where the market of gaming is going. F2P is the new model and its getting bigger and bigger.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 19, 2012 6:18am | Report
If being handsome is a crime, then I guess that I'm guilty

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minho » November 19, 2012 5:56pm | Report
Y'know Asmoday, Slappiz isn't all that ugly. He's pretty fine. Also, why would you think we would have to pay for this? That's like.. unheard of a MOBA Game to do that >.<

Minho

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 19, 2012 6:38pm | Report
Quoted:

Y'know Asmoday, Slappiz isn't all that ugly. He's pretty fine. Also, why would you think we would have to pay for this? That's like.. unheard of a MOBA Game to do that >.<

That has nothing to do with his attitude and blatant character flaws in personality and outward appearance towards others. His non stop little pecks at almost anyone on the site that tries to post anything, and instant insults towards them. Shows that there is insecurity towards himself and he needs to huff up his epeen to off set the small scared child he is. Now watch, he will come back in a fit of rage either here or in another place and try and insult and belittle this post because thats just the type of person he is.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minho » November 19, 2012 6:59pm | Report
I do agree, just trying to lighten the mood ^.^

Minho

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 20, 2012 9:39am | Report
Quoted:

That has nothing to do with his attitude and blatant character flaws in personality and outward appearance towards others. His non stop little pecks at almost anyone on the site that tries to post anything, and instant insults towards them. Shows that there is insecurity towards himself and he needs to huff up his epeen to off set the small scared child he is. Now watch, he will come back in a fit of rage either here or in another place and try and insult and belittle this post because thats just the type of person he is.
Come at me brah, I'm just a small scared child :)

Slappiz

Notable (1)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }