Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The current state of SmiteFire, and ways to improve the site.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » The current state of SmiteFire, and ways to improve the site. 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 11, 2014 3:42am | Report
I decided to make a thread to talk about the current state of SmiteFire, and ways to improve the site, as you can judge from the title.

#1 - The Current state of the Site.

Truth be told... the site is quite lame for now. Some terrible builds, and terrible guides just happen to get into the Top Rated guides, while some wonderful, good guides are forgotten into the bottom of the guide section. Many people I've found in-game says: ''no worries, this build is from SmiteFire'', and then goes with a horrible build on the god, and gets bashed by the team. This only makes the situation of the site worse.

And from what I can tell... SmiteFire used to be the #1 ''numero uno'' site of Smite. I wasn't in here during these days, I only used to lurk and read guides, such as this guide. What happened to the community, so it became so much less active? Was it the guy with the Skull avatar that I forgot the name?

#2 - Ways to improve SmiteFire.

I'm not a site manager, neither a professional on this. But I can see ways to improve the site.

1 - CHANGE THE VOTING SYSTEM!

This is the greatest issue I see. We need to change, in some way, the voting system. I don't know how, but it needs so. Some terrible guides are rising to the top, due to some members create another account, so they vote for theirselves( not mentioning this is banneable).

This must be the priority for the site. CHANGE THE VOTING SYSTEM!

2 - STREAMING!

There are so many nice guys I've found in this site, that might be willing to stream. No, I'm not saying the current streamers in the SmiteFire streams are boring, but I think that are better people to fill their job. They don't seem happy or interested when doing it. Some are great players, and great person theirselves. Just dig around and you'll find some nice people willing to stream! Not mentioning you guys lost a good streamer, AnimusLiberus.

3 - HIGH-ELO PLAYERS

From what've seen, the MobaFire invites some pro players to make guides. Those receive a small, but important section in the Guiding Area. Why not to do the same on SmiteFire? It would be so nice to see some Pro Player builds and opinions about it. But please, we need a Pro Player willing to make a GOOD GUIDE, not something like this.

Those are only my 2 cents for the SmiteFire. Hope you enjoyed it.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 11, 2014 4:10am | Report
I agree. Mobafire's site looks so nice compared to ours.

I'm worried about the bottom section though. I think there should be something that prevents high-elo-player-made guides from going to the top be virtue of simply being made by a player with a high elo.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 11, 2014 4:18am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I agree. Mobafire's site looks so nice compared to ours.

I'm worried about the bottom section though. I think there should be something that prevents high-elo-player-made guides from going to the top be virtue of simply being made by a player with a high elo.

Well, you're correct. Perhaps they could make a different section for Pro Builds, but still voteable.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 11, 2014 4:27am | Report
1) I think you mean Silver?
2) I agree with everything listed here. Honestly, I feel like people don't even know there ARE streamers :c
3) Voting system needs major work.
4) So does being able to view other people's profiles and guides, as well as a search function. Lord knows how many times I want to find an old forum but can't find it since I can't search for the name.

Seriously though, there's like no easy way to get to a person's profile either without finding something they were involved in and clicking their name.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 11, 2014 4:51am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

1) I think you mean Silver?

Nope, I mean the one that Silver was refering to everytime. Asmoday is the name, I guess.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 11, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Well, I really wanted to Mowen to see that. But she appears every once in a while on SmiteFire... She could do something about it.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 11, 2014 2:34pm | Report
1. We plan to eventually implement the voting system of MOBAFire (which was recently changed). This voting system takes into account more recent votes and eventually older votes stop counting towards the guide's score, so it rewards guides that are updated and punishes guides that are out of date. If you want more info on this system read here. We implemented it on MOBAfire as a bit of an experiment, and it has been a successful one, so it should eventually come here.

2. We do not have an official stream in the sense that we monitor / organize it. We quit all our official streaming, but since some streaming teams were still eager to work on it we let them use our channels. This would be what "PvPFire" is. So, we're not going to push this feature at the moment.

3. I'm not sure if / when this will happen. There are a few issues with this approach and we would have to think about it.

That being said, thanks for the post and never hesitate to make posts like this! We like hearing the community's feedback. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 11, 2014 2:50pm | Report
... That was fast. I'm surprised.

1. Ooh. That's nice! I don't really visit MobaFire a lot, even though I play League of Legends. Nice changes. I might join the site later on.

2. That's saddening.

3. Make sure to think about it. It might help the site.

No problem. I'm excited about the new vote changes.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 13, 2014 2:30am | Report
Just to repeat what Raventhor said. Adding a Search-function (per name, title, etc) would really improve the quality of the forum in my opinion.

I have no idea if the forum is entirely hand made or per subscription of sorts, but if the expenses are null or small, having a search would surely be appreciated.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 15, 2014 7:27pm | Report
There isn't really a search function on any of our sites (for the forums / blogs etc) because making a good (smart) search engine just for our site would be a big undertaking. The devs feel it is better to focus our resources other places, and let google do the searching for us.

That being said, there are user search functions on MOBAFire, and that might not be too hard to put on here.

And yes, we make our own sites ourselves. ;)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }