Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite teleporting issue

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Smite teleporting issue 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tartaglia » April 10, 2021 3:01pm | Report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0PxQQDZ7w

Here's a link to video showing the problem, the description has everything
Any help would be appreciated.

Tartaglia

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 10, 2021 4:01pm | Report
It looks like a lag issue. If you can, while in-game, press F8, and you'll see ping info on the right in green. Would be good to know what numbers you're seeing.

Are you on a desktop or laptop? Hard-wired or wi-fi? Did you just start playing, or have you been playing a while and this just started happening? Some further info would be helpful.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tartaglia » April 11, 2021 2:12am | Report
I have pressed F8 at the end of the video showing my ping, it's averages around 150-160 every game, as for the other numbers you can find them in the video.

I am on a laptop, using Wi-Fi. Also this in the description of the video, but I have been playing for 3-4 months on this laptop and didn't encounter this issue up until one match yesterday.

What's weird is that I played 3 games after the game with the "lag" issue and everything worked well.

Tartaglia

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » April 11, 2021 7:43am | Report
Doesn't look like a ping issue. Ping is simply the time between when you do something and when the server registers it.

Example of this is say you hit a minion, but it only takes damage 1 second later. That's a ping issue.

This looks more like packet loss. Bits of data that get lost and your game / server can't figure out where you are and what you're doing at all times due to those lost data packets, and thus the teleporting occurs when the game does get a packet and then quickly moves you into that position.

Whether that's on you or the SMITE servers I can't say.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 11, 2021 10:25am | Report
Ping can an indication of internet issues though, and that's what I was getting at.

I've had some issues w/ SMITE in particular along these lines. I've had that jumpiness just like Tartaglia, and my ping at those times was always showing significantly higher than normal.

So at least we know your connection isn't likely the strongest, your laggy movement isn't a regular occurrence. I would still say to do what you can to create as strong of a wi-fi connection as possible (best position relative to the router, adjust router settings e.g. channel, priority, etc.), but I'm guessing that was a SMITE server issue.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tartaglia » April 12, 2021 3:50am | Report
Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate it.

What frustrates me is that my internet is pretty fast.
Smite isn't my only multiplayer game, and I don't suffer any similar problems in any other multiplayer game.
Smite is the one and only game with this bizarre issue.

I guess I'll try informing support if this issue persists.

Tartaglia

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }