Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2 "Sign Ups"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » The Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2 "Sign Ups" 42 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 21, 2014 10:53pm | Report
Greetings Smitefire Community! It's time for the Sign Ups for Round 2.

For those new to the game, the following explains the rules and gameplay of this game. I basically copy pasted my old post, but I made some changes and corrections, so make sure to read through it again, even if you participated in round 1!

Story:

(This is the sign-up thread. If you want to participate, post in this topic. This also applies, if you have questions to the following rules.)

The game is about a little Village called Pyrewood in Silverforest, where at night a few villagers were cursed and since then went hunting at night to kill villagers.
But at day, they are not to be recognized as a worgen, and so the villagers have to make use of discussions to attempt to find out who could be a worgen, so they can execute him.
The worgens can join this discussion and attempt to misslead them and lure them on a wrong trail.

(Roles will be assigned to players randomly)

Classes

Villager:
The most citizens from pyrewood village are simple people, especially their skills. They only have to communicate with each other, who as a possible worgen could be executed.

Alchemist:
The Alchemist has 2 potions. A poison potion and a healing potion. Once used up, he turns into a normal villager. At night, he can PM the host of the game to use his poison potion to kill a player of choice. When a player dies to worgen at night, he can also decide to revive that player with his healing potion.

Clairvoyant:
The Clairvoyant can use a spell to scan a player to see if they are cursed. She may use this spell once per night, but is advised to hide her identity as she will be targeted by worgens if found out.

Hunter:
Before he dies (no matter if by a worgen or a citizen), he takes a player of choice with him to die/death.

Warlock:
If the warlock/sorcerer is summoned to death by the citizens, he curses a normal citizen to become a worgen. If he is killed by the worgens, nothing happens.

On the other side are the worgen:

Worgen:
Cursed citizens from pyrewood village, which at night turn into a worgen and search for a victim. At day, they appear as normal citizens, allowing them to participate in discussions. During night phase, the worgen will be able to vote for a player to be killed and the one with the most votes will die. In the case of a 1-1-1 situation, one of the 3 targets will die at random. Different to all other classes, the Worgen will have a moderated chatroom which allows them to communicate with the other Worgen outside of the main thread.

Unique classes like the Clairvoyant, Alchemist, Warlock and Hunter exist only once. The number of the worgen however is dependant on the amount of players, but usually 3.

But there is one more class. The Couple. At the start of the game, 2 people will be assigned this role at random (regardless of what role they have already). The couple, different to the other classes, has no extra ability, they only have the knowledge of who their loved one is. If one of both dies, the other one dies of grief, so it is advised to protect each other. In the case of a villager and a worgen being the couple, they create a third fraction that wins, if everyone else besides them is dead.

Gameplay Example and Rules:
At the start of the game, the roles of each person will be decided by random and told to them by PM. The worgens will also be told, who the other worgens are and the couple will be told who their loved one is.

After that, the first day begins. For that, I will open a thread and make a narrative post leading to the villagers realizing they are in danger of being killed by Worgen. Then everyone has 24 hours to discuss with the other players, who could possibly be a Worgen and should be executed. The Worgens obviously are part of that discussion.
In the discussion, before the time runs out, everyone should give a clear vote for a person to be executed and to make the vote count, write the name in bold. (as an example: I vote for TormentedTurnip). You can change your vote until the end of the day phase as many times as you want, but shouldn't overdo it, so the other players get a chance to react to it. If you changed your opinion/vote, say that in a new post. Don't edit your old posts! At the end of the day, the votes will be counted and the person to be executed determined.
When all players gave their vote, before the 24 hours are over, the day phase ends early.

Following, the first night phase begins. For this, the thread will be closed(since I can't close the thread and don't want to bother a mod, I kindly ask of everyone to not post during this phase).
During this phase, the worgens will vote in their moderated chatroom who they wish to kill.
Then, the victim with the most votes will be killed. In a 1-1-1 situation, the player to be killed will be decided at random.
Following, I will tell the alchemist via PM, which victim was chosen (as long as he/she still holds on to the healing potion) and he/she can save him/her if he/she wishes to. At the same time, he/she can send me a PM at night with a person to be killed by her/his poison potion.
The clairvoyant can at any night ask via PM, if a certain person is a worgen or a citizen.
If the required PM's come quickly, the night is over quickly, if someone isn't reacting at all, it takes up to 24 hours.

Then it just continues with a change between day- and night phase, until the game is over, which is the case, when either all worgens or all citizens are dead. Then there are 2 exceptional cases (one being explained above), that when a worgen and a citizen are a couple and the other case when only one citizen and one worgen are left (without being a couple). In that case, it ends as a draw.

Who, no matter how excretes from the game, is not allowed to post in this thread anymore. For fairness, the participants should not communicate with each other via PM or in other threads about the game (except the worgens, which are allowed to communicate). Since this caused confusion in the first round, I'll make it clear this time. The couple is not allowed to communicate.

You should only sign up, if you are able and have the motivation to follow this game. Only when you participate with role playing and theories, the game is fun and of use. To Sign Up, copy paste this post (but put it into a spoiler box to not cause endless scrolling) and state that you have read and understand the rules and have the time to participate in the full game. If you are unsure whether you will be able to complete the game, don't sign up. If you don't understand the rules and/or how the game works, ask before you sign up.

Who misses out on 2 day-phases and does not vote, dies in the following night of a unknown disease.

If you have any questions please ask.

So far participating:
Aphnex
Pentargonite
M4XiiMUS
Shaddofokkusu
festive1

Pending "Applications":
MadDanny
InfinityPvP

Game Hosts
NinjaTrigger
Kyomaku

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » April 21, 2014 11:23pm | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

You already know it. Sign me up.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 22, 2014 4:31am | Report

I would like to join, but I'm going on holiday in a week, I'll give you some times in a PM

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 23, 2014 7:17pm | Report
What happened to those 10 people voting yes in the other thread? Have they not realized that the sign ups are open now (missed this thread?)?

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » April 23, 2014 7:54pm | Report

I'll join.
No really. I want to.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 23, 2014 8:10pm | Report
I'll join, but I don't wanna copy the whole thing. Down. Sign me up though!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 23, 2014 8:21pm | Report
@MadDanny

@Max, thats alright, as you seemingly read the thing, but hitting quote doesnt take long at all, so I dont see why that one step is bothersome for you.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 23, 2014 9:05pm | Report
Well since everyone is doing the spoilers, I just didn't want to get fancy, lemme go quote that then.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 24, 2014 2:11pm | Report
come on people I know your there and I know you want to play sign up quick!
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » April 25, 2014 12:12am | Report
Count me in!

Shaddofokkusu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }