Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smitefire vs Smite official forum

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smitefire vs Smite official forum 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » June 24, 2014 9:12am | Report
got to say I really like the community on here, when you compare it to the official forum it is SO much better, no trolls, no constant bickering and no one line posts of "(insert god) IS OP NERF!!!!"

Love you peeps

Mordo

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 24, 2014 9:16am | Report
reason we are on here man/woman/anythinginbetween/alien.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » June 24, 2014 9:25am | Report
To be honest i want to offer my Youtube services to Smitefire and not that forum is that I imagine people would honestly troll and ruin the vids

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 24, 2014 9:30am | Report
Mordo wrote:

Love you peeps

Mordo

Awwwh..... >_<

Wuv you too....

ok that sounds gay but scratch that

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 24, 2014 11:37am | Report
I can think of a reason for SF's playerbase being different from the normal Smite's.

Remember the good ol' days of Smite, where they actually had their **** relatively together? When the old Smite forums were still online, and the game was still in beta? Well, back then, the Smite forums were shut down, and I think that's around the time where this site popped up.

So we have all these cool guys from before Smite became a mainstream game, before the game was a balance wreck and before the playerbase became so toxic. They migrated here, and most of them are still here.

But now, Smite has been officially out of beta, and more and more players are flocking to it and the official forums. And those people are *******s, because for some reason MOBAs turn most people into *******s. Smite has the worst of it in that regard, I usually get one ******* in one out of two games.

And that's why Smitefire is awesome. Because we're mostly old.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 24, 2014 11:55am | Report
The official forums are exposed to the idiotic toxic player base. Smitefire on the other hand has a handful of pure and kinda hearted people.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » June 24, 2014 11:56am | Report
I suddenly feel overly young, despite being on the site for over a year.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 24, 2014 12:57pm | Report
We Veterans are all at least six hundred. You need to be at least fifty to become an Editor.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » June 24, 2014 1:26pm | Report
On the official forums, there are so many people that people can afford to be toxic, and no one really cares/notices. It's kind of a free-for-all there. People may know each other, and even may be friends, but a lot of people there don't and can just be toxic and pretty much get away with it for the most part.

Here, there are a lot less people, and if you've been here long enough, you pretty much know all of the active users, so there's rarely any toxicity around here, other than a few spats every once in a while. Toxicity here gets noticed and collectively shunned by the regulars, so a toxic person probably won't last long here. We've seen it in the past, and we'll see it again.

The official Smite forums might be a nice place to get a larger collective opinion on something or to voice your concern directly to the official forums about something in-game, but SmiteFire is a lot more fun of a place to socialize, be it about the game or anything else.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » June 24, 2014 1:38pm | Report
Yeah, I'm here because I was on Dotafire for a while before making an account, then I made an account, then I got bored of it because even the mobafire community for DotA is bad, then tried Smite, was on DotAfire when this branch was made, so I knew it was there, and joined this group. I like this group a lot better. Everyone talks to everyone, you don't get cussed at because your opinion is "stupid"( this happened to me once because I called a dota hero who can farm in three places a tier one carry in farm potential, tier one meaning the best)and people don't look down on people who simply don't have as many posts as them. Much better than any other site I've found.

FearsomeClarinet

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }