Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEfire History Draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » SMITEfire History Draft 116 posts - page 4 of 12
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 10, 2014 7:14am | Report
Definitely. It's one thing to move on from Smite and stay here, but it's another thing to stay here and constantly complain about what Smite's doing wrong.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 10, 2014 8:04am | Report
I am going to stop you 2 right there, if you don't want those discussiions then you should really not make those passive aggresive comments that are effectively asking for a response.

I don't want that discussion right now.
I will say this. Ferrum, sub still plays smite and has played it during every discussion, you can't say he didn't do some goddamm research.
If you are hinting at me, i haven't only been hating on smite.

Again don't make these passive aggressive comments, especially if you DON'T want those discussions.

Thats all i have to say.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 10, 2014 8:06am | Report
Also TT i am writting this on a phone while in a bus, what ever langue mistakes i may have made are likely because of that. Just saiyan.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 10, 2014 8:20am | Report
They're not passive aggressive comments; they're statements. The problem isn't bringing up faults with Smite, it's only discussing how it's faulty. Fact is if the only thing someone brings to the table is complaints about how terrible things are, it's draining on everyone and turns away new members (and, hell, old members too).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 10, 2014 8:20am | Report
festive1 wrote:

Hush now, I still have a To be updated soon note on my 7-8 month old Ymir guide.

OT(I'm not sure if you still play Smite but you'd love the MOTD today. "Flash Freeze" - Ymir instalock arena 80% starting and max CD.)

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 10, 2014 8:50am | Report
You know what im not going into the discussion of it being passive aggresive, it's a detail.

All im saying is that if you don't want those discussions to derail a thread and turn away members then dont make comments that are spesificly hinting at people who have been doing that in recent history. Its asking for a response by those people.

Again i don't want that discussion to happen right now so im not gonna go in you saying you dont want any bad words over smite.

Just consider that when you are making an comment over the recent events you aren't starting up the discussion again or making on group look like the (bad,evil,devil,negative side,etc.). Recent events in SF clan show that the people who only want love for smite can get really mean.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 10, 2014 9:04am | Report
AAAAAAND thread successfully derailed.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 10, 2014 9:09am | Report
In order for a problem to be fixed, it must be addressed. I wouldn't even consider myself part of the solution because I hardly ever participate in any Smite discussion at all. But the fact of the matter is that if someone new checks out Smitefire and all they ever see are complaints about Smite, then it's highly unlikely for them to decide "hey, I'd like to be a part of this community and share my ideas about Smite." Especially when some of the users here can be so condescending of differing viewpoints. When I first joined Smitefire it was to publish a guide about Hel and find a new means of discussing the game I loved. If the first thing I saw when I loaded the website was people bashing Smite day in and day out, I would never have stayed.

And again, I don't consider myself part of the solution - I don't write guides or talk much about Smite anymore. Hell, I suppose you could even argue that's worse than constantly pointing out Smite's flaws. But the point stands that when the ranked members (who essentially represent Smitefire) hate on Smite and are condescending towards others, the site suffers.

I've never joined the Smitefire clan so I don't know the discussions that go in there, but I'll reiterate my viewpoint: It's perfectly okay to discuss Smite's faults. In fact, it's necessary. The problem occurs when almost every single discussion about Smite is negative.

Edit: I also wouldn't really consider this a derailment; Smitefire's future is related to its history.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 10, 2014 11:07am | Report
all im saying is, and this was more directed at ferrum anyway, try not to get people to want to start the conversation if you dont want the conversation.

the thing that happend is smitefire clan wasn't a discussion... something that happend to some one that i would say is 100% bullying. (you know who you are and you know what im talking about, i will not say your names.)

as for talking about smite's flaws. my personal problem is not being allowed to talk about them at all or ever and seeing people who wanted to just talk about them for once immidiatly get hit by a baseball bat (figuretivly speaking ofcourse) for it and seeing him called the worst words imaginable and then hitting back.

again, all im trying to say if that if people here dont want that discussion then they shouldn't try to get the people who do want to talk about it to talk about it by calling them out. ferrum and in a way you were doing that.

@ the religousdessert. hardly derailed.

i won't make another comment about the subject in this thread unless the situation calls for it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 10, 2014 4:24pm | Report
You forgot me kappa :(
oh and about the activity thing, I'll probably become more active since I'm returning to Smite unless Sub's gonna be calling me an idiot here too

P.S. become prepared for more unsuccessful tanking guides :P
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }