Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEfire History Draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » SMITEfire History Draft 116 posts - page 7 of 12
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » November 11, 2014 7:20am | Report
Mekali wrote:

Dafuq, i just died and everyone forgotten me? I'm supposed to be on Early 2014, potato HEADS!

Curse you all to the pits of MALEDICTUS! ALL OF YOU!

Except for Devampi, my BFF

Welcome back.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 11, 2014 7:54am | Report
So the thread already derailed and we again started those sh*t talk. I don't want to offend anyone here, and sorry if I did but guys can we just go past that moments? You don't like a person? Don't talk to him. He did not even comment in this thread. I am no way defending anyone but we say that it is not the fall of SmiteFire, but the thing is - what made this community awesome for me when I just came here was those offtopic threads where people chilled out and had fun.

Maybe we can do some stuff together to have fun? Post it on forums, get people to play together and such stuff, couse this is what makes community awesome. The future history of SmiteFire is in our hands, so maybe we can make forum less "poisonous" and just have fun and help each other?

* Just wanted to write something. Now I will go back to my hole *

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 11, 2014 11:02am | Report
**** you Geouzu, everything is subjective thus making my opinion I just stated as subjective objectively right! Fokin ***s u disagree with me ill 1v1 you m8s in reel laif

JUST HERE FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT

And now a haiku;

We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?

this is supposed to show hatred of the world or something
"We are none but friends

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 11, 2014 11:42am | Report
Quoted:

We are none but friends

Why not live in peace?

this is supposed to show hatred of the world or something

Just go to page 5 here and look for my meme :D We are going to be together forever :D

We should really stop fighting and come here to chill and have fun, not to argue ( arguments are good, but not then when they cross the line and become insults)

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 11, 2014 12:36pm | Report
GeouZu wrote:

Just go to page 5 here and look for my meme :D We are going to be together forever :D

We should really stop fighting and come here to chill and have fun, not to argue ( arguments are good, but not then when they cross the line and become insults)

I wish this was possible, but due to the impurity of human nature, someone's gonna say something
and it's all gonna go to hell after. Now, to continue it is another thing. Heck, what I meant with my first post here was that I wanted to keep peace with Sub and not stay in this site if the toxicity was gonna come here too. Yet, you saw how big my post was misinterpreted.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 11, 2014 1:18pm | Report
I think Subzero008 would be pleased to see this continued strife even after he has left the site. He has a unique sense of humor.

TheGenocideLord, you are a massive hypocrite. I recall Sub told me that you called him, recently, "a ****ing ******," and continued to harass him. Don't pretend you have been reasonable and peaceable when you've been anything but.

(Now, Subzero008 is hardly an unbiased source, but he's not a liar. If he says TGL called him...what he called him, then he did.)

In addition, I am obligated to say this, as a reply to Dacoqrs, and as a friend to Subzero.

You people have grown to expect Ad hominem from Subzero. For those of you who don't know, this is a fallacy where one attacks the opponent rather than their argument, when the criticism directed to the opponent is irrelevant.

You aren't wrong. Subzero does do this, sometimes. Or to be honest, often, nowadays.

But the crucial fact is, that isn't all Subzero does. He does present intelligent, logical, consistent arguments. The problem, in part, is your unwillingness to look past the insults to see the logic underneath. A dung-covered pearl is still a pearl.

I'm a bit disappointed, to see this attitude on this site. It's one thing to not tolerate harassment or rudeness. It's another to dismiss another's arguments as so much baloney without even bothering to check.

If you feel that Subzero is insulting your intelligence when he is citing your lack of experience; frankly, he is correct. This is not ad hominem because the criticism is relevant. I have no doubt that most of you have not understood another MOBA before, and so you shouldn't try to contradict him on that point. I am currently working with him to fix that.

Finally, to go back on-topic; I believe arguments aren't necessarily a bad thing. If I may be so bold, I say that discouraging arguments is a very unhealthy thing for any forum of discussion. In fact, as long as this trend continues, I say that Smitefire may be entering its darkest age yet.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 11, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Good god, you guys are so ****ing dramatic over some ******ed online arguments. No offense at all to Danny, but when his jokes are more mature than most of what people write in a thread, it's honestly kind of sad. Not saying Danny or his jokes are immature because his jokes are just that; jokes. So still, when your "serious" posts are less mature than some jokes, you might want to start thinking a little bit about what you post in the future.

Yeah, SmiteFire might be entering its "darkest age" (I feel embarrassed to have even written that), but it's because so many people refuse to move on from some stupid **** and keep bringing it up in every other thread on these forums.

Honestly, it's kind of sad. I usually prefer this place over the Smite sub-Reddit because the people here are usually more mature, but ****, you wouldn't know it if you strolled in here and read a good majority of threads that were made here in the last few weeks.

These forums are starting to remind me of middle school and high school again. You guys constantly arguing over stupid **** are seriously starting to make this place seem like a cesspool.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 11, 2014 1:45pm | Report
Wow this thread is toxic.

Aeadar, I appreciate the argument conversation, but there were very often times he insulted people because of their differing viewpoints, not their experience. And there are a lot of people here experienced in many mobas, so that might be off-base. I appreciate he DOES bring a lot of intellectual debate to the table, but it shouldn't be juxtaposed, or even drowned out, with inflammatory insults.

On a side note, this is getting really off topic and inflammatory in itself. The topic itself was very calm and straightforward, but we've steered it offcourse. It's an interesting idea so I don't want to have to lock it from people butting heads.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 11, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Aedar, you're correct he doesn't lie, but he doesn't have to tell you the whole story. Can we please just move on now, jesus.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 11, 2014 3:19pm | Report
I guess, I don't really have too much of an opinion against Sub. He's disagreed with things I've said in the past, but never insulted me.

Although I do see the things he says, I think him and a few others included should probably chill out a bit. I think even Sub could do it. He was fairly chill in the past. But over the years his personality changed, and feels he can't find a way to get his point of view across without belittling. If you say things in a calm manner people tend to ignore you.

Although his method has had the opposite result, the more people dislike you, commonly, the less they want to believe you. And the more hostile they become.

Perhaps there could be a good manners rule? Maybe even a separate button similar to +rep, but towards manners. +moody***** we'll call it ;).
You get enough Moody***** and corrective actions are taken by Moderators.

Deathsession

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }