Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ragequitting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Ragequitting 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 18, 2014 2:58pm | Report
Am I the only one who doesn't think ragequitting is a bad thing? I mean, unless you're playing a game like Smite, where people rely on you to be there, I don't see why it's bad at all.

If you aren't enjoying the game you're playing, and then you quit, why is that bad at all? Seriously, the only people who go around saying things like "only n00bz ragequit" or "ragequit faaaaaag" are the types of people who obviously need to take a break.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 18, 2014 3:20pm | Report
Rage quitting isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not really a good thing either.

Putting aside games like Smite and LoL because it's obvious rage quitting on those games is bad, rage quitting in other games that do replace teammates isn't a very good thing either. Your team is still left with less players while the game searches for a person to take the place. It's not a game breaker, but it still does put your team is at least a bit of a disadvantage for the time being.

That being said, I rage quit in games that will replace my spot with someone else. If I'm not having fun, I see no point in staying in the match. If I get thrown into a match to replace a rage quitter, and my team is losing by a lot, I see no point in staying. This especially takes place in FPS games. I have no problem with teammates rage quitting. Sure, like I said, it puts the team at a slight disadvantage in numbers until the spot is filled, but unless you get a lot of people rage quitting at once, it's usually not a game breaker.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 18, 2014 3:29pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Rage quitting isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not really a good thing either.

Putting aside games like Smite and LoL because it's obvious rage quitting on those games is bad, rage quitting in other games that do replace teammates isn't a very good thing either. Your team is still left with less players while the game searches for a person to take the place. It's not a game breaker, but it still does put your team is at least a bit of a disadvantage for the time being.

That being said, I rage quit in games that will replace my spot with someone else. If I'm not having fun, I see no point in staying in the match. If I get thrown into a match to replace a rage quitter, and my team is losing by a lot, I see no point in staying. This especially takes place in FPS games. I have no problem with teammates rage quitting. Sure, like I said, it puts the team at a slight disadvantage in numbers until the spot is filled, but unless you get a lot of people rage quitting at once, it's usually not a game breaker.

I agree with this, although I'm more so talking about games where you don't even have teams, and leaving literally disadvantages no one, and yet people still talk down on you for it.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 18, 2014 3:36pm | Report
Oh, well then yeah. I see no problem in that at all. If people want to talk trash on you leaving, then oh well. Whatever makes them feel better about themselves, lol. They just take whatever game they're playing way too seriously. Again, if I'm not having fun, and I don't feel like sticking in the game until it ends, I'll leave.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 19, 2014 1:05am | Report
How bad rage quitting is depends on the game:

In Free for all's (most FPS) all people are unaffected (except the person that quite of course), in fact having one less person shooting and spamming grenades at you is a pretty good advantage.

In team based games (all Mobas) where teamwork is key it dose damage your team, how much depends on how big the team is. In MOBAs it matters A LOT since there are only 5 people and you usually have a already determined set up (1 solo, 1 mid, 2 duo and 1 jungeler) meaning that if someone leaves your set up is completely ruined and somebody might be forced to take a role that there god/champion/hero/idontknow is terrible at. On the other hand in games like TF2 and Battlefield where there are 10+ people on each team and teamwork is not as important, you might not even notice.

If you rage quitter in a 1v1 games (All fighting games) you are a terrible person. The only reason you would rage quite in one of those games is because you don't want to accept defeat and give your opponent the win they deserve, so you cheat the system by denying them the victor that they deserved.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DaisySniper » May 19, 2014 3:29pm | Report
Well my luck when people rage quit I never won a game cause of it. I had a game where we winning but one guy was just being a **** cause he could not get any kills him self. So he quits and we lost the game even though we were such in the lead

It must be just be bad luck

DaisySniper

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 19, 2014 8:06pm | Report
If you're going to ragequit, then at least ragequit with meaning, and don't immediately hop back on it when you do.

For me, when I rage quit, it's clear to me I am under no circumstances enjoying the game at that moment. Why play again just to feel even more rage? I usually take long, 2-3 week breaks when I do, just so I can get the refreshing memory of fun back into the game. At the end, I'm usually calm, feeling I will be able to enjoy the game, then I play. If this is not the case, I go back on that break until I do enjoy the game, playing every now and then to see if the game I play is an enjoyable one.

But realistically, don't ragequit for something ******ed like a 15-0 kill streak and you decided to be a little cocky and die accidentally. Does that take away all the gold/xp you earned on the kill streak? No. Does it suck you back to level one? No. You may lose a few stacks here and there but that's the name of the game. I usually leave if SMITE just doesn't at all have their **** together in god balance (i.e most new gods that come out), repeatedly getting ****ty teams for no reason (anyone know when they plan on fixing solo queue matchmaking?), or if the community just rages and flames and harasses for no reason.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » May 19, 2014 8:58pm | Report
It all just depends on the game and the context, basically you should never leave something that will almost always make your team loose like League Of Legends or Smite.

But something like TF2 or COD is a completely different story. Because when the games are shorter and matchmaking can always just toss another player in at last minute to auto balance the teams people should feel free to RageQuit like a boss in those settings
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }