Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBA Spotlight : League of Legends

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » MOBA Spotlight : League of Legends 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 15, 2014 1:12pm | Report
Just for fun, here's a hilarious video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4lDYOSe9M&feature=youtu.be

It started when me and buddies kept poking at this one League of Legends player, and he'd say things like "Wow, you missed your ult!"

And me and my buddy would say "Well, at least in Smite it's possible to miss your ult, unlike in League"

"Insert Threat here"

"Well, at least in Smite you have to aim your threats!"

And it just got stupid from there.

Enjoy!
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » December 15, 2014 1:20pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Just for fun, here's a hilarious video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4lDYOSe9M&feature=youtu.be

It started when me and buddies kept poking at this one League of Legends player, and he'd say things like "Wow, you missed your ult!"

And me and my buddy would say "Well, at least in Smite it's possible to miss your ult, unlike in League"

"Insert Threat here"

"Well, at least in Smite you have to aim your threats!"

And it just got stupid from there.

Enjoy!

Artemis' ult :3

and there are skillshots etc. in League so that makes this even less funnier

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 15, 2014 1:30pm | Report
yeah no this is not really funny, i get that it's "supposed" to be funny but it comes over as mean spirited.

i would argue with what was said in the video, but i think i would lose brain cells.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 15, 2014 1:32pm | Report
Yes, the video that has absolutely as "abolustely" and Blitzcrank as "Blitzcrack" and MOBA as "M O B A" is meant to be taken very seriously.

Sigh.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 15, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Hence why i said: "i get that it's "supposed" to be funny".

Yeah no, for some one who knows very little about the game and doesn't feel some sort of negetive emotion towards it it will come of as strange, for people with knowledge about the game and no negetive emotions towards it it comes of as stupid because just mentioning teemo without making a joke is not a funny joke, for people knowledge about the game and negetive emotions ot would maybe get a small laugh out of them but they will most likly ignore it and move on and for the people with little knowledge but negetive emotions towads the game it's a simpel "HA!" Moment at best.

Honestly i have seen funnier league self parodies that cover more of the gripes and were made funnier or more serious.

Heck i have seen parodies of things like pokemon which i hold very dear, that were more offensive, coverd almost all gripes and were STILL funier then this.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » December 15, 2014 3:40pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Yeah no, for some one who knows very little about the game and doesn't feel some sort of negetive emotion towards it it will come of as strange, for people with knowledge about the game and no negetive emotions towards it it comes of as stupid because just mentioning teemo without making a joke is not a funny joke, for people knowledge about the game and negetive emotions ot would maybe get a small laugh out of them but they will most likly ignore it and move on and for the people with little knowledge but negetive emotions towads the game it's a simpel "HA!" Moment at best.

Honestly i have seen funnier league self parodies that cover more of the gripes and were made funnier or more serious.

Heck i have seen parodies of things like pokemon which i hold very dear, that were more offensive, coverd almost all gripes and were STILL funier then this.

There is no point in stirring the pot on this video. Comedy is subjective. Period. There is no point in starting an argument on this because it will give everyone headaches. Watch the video, and take or leave its comedic value.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » December 15, 2014 6:39pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Hey, i find the video funny.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 15, 2014 11:53pm | Report
@the slightly pissed off sandwich.

Comedy is only subjective to a surten point as comedy it's self has different genre's, this video fails in the genre of parody/self parody.

There is a reason this video is not popular, it's bad. Most parody video's do climb up hoghrr and higher in views in no time.
I can write what ever i feel as long as it stays on topic.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 12:55am | Report
This video isn't funny at all. It sounds less like a parody, and more like the video guy literally doesn't understand what he's talking about. Seriously, you could make this video in about an hour. It's lame, with almost no production values. The biggest part is how it doesn't actually show League outside from a few stills, which doesn't help how the video gives the impression of only superficial knowledge of how the game works.

The worst part, however, is that the premise of the post is just plain wrong. You can miss ultimates in both League and Smite, but it's way less likely to happen in Smite.

Do you know what IS funny? Videos that parody League that actually know what they're talking about. Ever heard of the phrase, "it's funny because it's true?" Comedy is supposed to make us laugh at ourselves, not facepalm at the writer.

Alternatively, comedy can be spun to make you laugh at others, which is toxic, and I think was the purpose of the video and the video poster.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 12:57am | Report
Here's a better example of a funny video, that does lightly mock League, but is, you know, actually funny.

Why it works:

Voice doesn't drive ears to suicide.

Subject matter is accurate and not superficial, as we can see by the actual quotes and clips.

Video is aesthetically pleasing, not a constant loop of images and zoom-ins.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }