Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 48 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 11, 2014 4:52am | Report
Finally. Finished. Bakemonogatari.

And after finally finishing it, it is most definitely my favourite series I have seen so far. WATCH BAKEMONOGATARI, PLS.

And now, onto most likely Binbougami Ga!
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » April 11, 2014 5:56am | Report
One big turnoff from Bakemonogatari for me is also the reason why I've been delaying Melodies - I can't stand the way they cut to some random picture for a fraction of a second constantly. It's seriously annoying to be watching what would be a ten second scene that turns into twenty seconds of interrupted visuals.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 11, 2014 6:52am | Report

One big turnoff from Bakemonogatari for me is also the reason why I've been delaying Melodies - I can't stand the way they cut to some random picture for a fraction of a second constantly. It's seriously annoying to be watching what would be a ten second scene that turns into twenty seconds of interrupted visuals.

I suppose another thing that might turn you off from it is... Well, it's considered ecchi.

However, the ecchi is done in a really... Odd way. It's not those unnecessary, sneaky "PANTSU" shots in something like Love Hina, it's very... Obvious, so much so that it isn't? Well, that's very much wrong, but it's odd how they handle the ecchi in this.

I really can't explain it to you. I mean, they talk about sex, virginity and all that jazz, but when it comes to the ecchi in the series, it's done... I guess it's done well... Sometimes it's purposeful, sometimes it isn;t, but even when it isn't, it feels purposeful. I guess that's how you put it. I mean, in a MASSIVELY MINOR SPOILER ALERT scene involving a character called Sengoku, they put her in a swimsuit. The thing is, even though she's in a swimsuit, they don't advertise her body with it. But none the less, it's still pointless. Being in a swimsuit on the top of the mountain should be perceived as wrong, but for some reason, it just seems right in Bakemonogatari. I know I'm going around in circles here, but ecchi, in Bakemonogatari, is usually pointless, yet it feels like it has a purposeful role in the series. Of course, this is my personal interpretation of it, someone who's indifferent to ecchi in anime. Someone like you, who I know hates ecchi in his anime, may perceive it differently and just hate it.

Bakemonogatari, as a whole, is just odd. They do a lot of things in a different fashion, and, thankfully for them, it typically works in their favour.

I suppose Bakemonogatari can be considered aesthetically pleasing visual support paired with a primary verbal performance, because a lot of it is dialogue. Of course, I'm very patient and enjoy reading a lot of dialogue for the story, but I know some people, such as my sister, get bored after too much dialogue, and prefer action packed series like Btooom! (She enjoys Btooom but isn't all too much of a fan of Attack on Titan, weird girl) or RomComs like Maid-Sama.

Also, I love this scene so much
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 12, 2014 5:11am | Report

All rise for the anime national anthem.

And that's Binbougami Ga done! Much better progress when I actually have time...

Next is... I'm not sure what's next to be honest. We shall see.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » April 12, 2014 6:40am | Report
^this post

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 12, 2014 7:23am | Report
Another hilarious Binbougami Ga scene :3

Anyway, I've decided on Non Non Biyori as the next series I'm watching. Hooray for decisiveness!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » April 12, 2014 7:36am | Report
I've really been hoping I would find another non-Japanese mythological anime, the closest thing is "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" except it's based on the Chuthulhan pantheon.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 12, 2014 7:48am | Report

I've really been hoping I would find another non-Japanese mythological anime, the closest thing is "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" except it's based on the Chuthulhan pantheon.

Hmm... I really can't think of any based on actual mythology besides Nyaruko...

There's some ones based on fake ones though, but that's not really mythology but rather religion and history. The ones I'm thinking of are Zetsuen no Tempest and THE ONE AND ONLY BAKEMONOGATARI ALSO KNOWN AS THE BEST SERIES.

Of course, you could tell me what about those mythological anime appeal to you, and I could tell you animes that have a similar sort of appeal to them, because my brain in terms of anime is just fried right now.

If you don't mind Japanese mythology though, two fantastic anime that I have yet to watch but am very eager to is Mushishi and Mononoke, both with a pretty big Japanese mythology influence.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » April 12, 2014 8:34am | Report
Anime that appeals to me, for some reason, are the ones that depict gods or godlike beings interacting with both humans and monsters alike, it feels nice to see myths animated. That is why Loki Ragnarok, Majin Tantei, and Saint Seiya are part of my 5 favorite anime. As for the pantheon, I would prefer Norse or Greek cause I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally love their myths, but honestly I'm ok with anything.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 12, 2014 8:44am | Report
Well, going by that, Bakemonogatari is the perfect description of what you are looking for. Granted, it's not Greek or Norse, but it fits the general criteria given. To put it broadly, it shows numerous examples of supernatural beings interacting with normal humans.

Brace yourself though, it's a lot of talking. Really, really good talking, but if you're impatient and just want action, then you probably won't last through it.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }