Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What are your thoughts on the new League system?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » What are your thoughts on the new League system? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » May 5, 2014 1:50pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

TT, they're removing Arena League. It doesn't exist anymore.

I know, that's why I said it would be great for both of them. But I'm not too bummed out that they're removing it because I don't play it anymore, haha. It is a shame for those who still do, though, no doubt. I really think Arena League could work with the new system.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 5, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Alan LaFleur wrote:

To go to the next division or tier, you have to fill your tribute bar to 100 and then win the next game.

So does that mean if you loose the next match after filling the bar, it is all reset?
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 5, 2014 11:53pm | Report
From what I understand, if you get promoted, your bar resets but you have demotion protection for a set number of games.

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 6, 2014 12:36am | Report
Pretty sure Alan is correct. This seems to be a system very akin to League of Legends system, replacing the term "LP" with "Tribute"

It would either work in the way that
>You have immunity from immediate (or any) demotion once achieving the next rank (Some games have you unable to ever be demoted, you'll just be stuck at 0)
>You start a little way into a tribute (say, upon promotion you start at 30) and thus have a buffer before being demoted (Similar to Hearthstone's Star system)

These are the two most common ways to deal with Tiered progression, be it Here, CoD, LoL, etc.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Okajin » May 6, 2014 12:39am | Report
festive1 wrote:

So does that mean if you loose the next match after filling the bar, it is all reset?

No, I think it's near that the system in league of legends, you'll lose a certain amount of tribute depending on your MMR and the division you're in. If the system is calculating that you're "too strong" for your division, you'll lose less tribute than if you're "even" or "weaker" to let you advance through those divisions.

As I said and read, I think it's the way it'll work. I'll see by myself when I'll be 30 (damn it's long) and will start the ranked :)

Okajin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » May 6, 2014 12:07pm | Report
No Arena ranked? Not cool Hi-rez.. not cool.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sonambulo » May 6, 2014 6:45pm | Report
This sucks I only Play the Arena, it's actually what drew me in.

Doe s anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go from here?

Sonambulo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 6, 2014 8:14pm | Report

2000th post or naw

"naw" im one post late

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 6, 2014 10:09pm | Report
Sonambulo wrote:

This sucks I only Play the Arena, it's actually what drew me in.

Doe s anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go from here?

I have a feeling that they will end up doing league arena again just to try it with the new league system.

There are arena tournaments going on these days, I suggest getting a team together and playing in those.

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talgor » May 6, 2014 10:32pm | Report
I can't express how disappointed I am with Hi-Rez.

I love SMITE so much, but more and more, starting with the item changes, and now this ranked system, it seems like they are just trying to make it like LoL. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.....BUT

As someone who LITERALLY only plays Arena, and occasionally an Assault, I am extremely upset that they just randomly decided to remove ranked Arena. I was in Diamond for Arena, and what did I get for the time I spent getting there? Nothing. Which, hey, would have been fine with this reset and all, except for the fact that they removed the whole damn system WITHOUT NOTICE. I plan on posting a whole rant about this so I will save the rest for later, but I think it is bullsh*t that they removed the gametype. "Not many people were playing it". Okay? So? Just leave it there so those who do can enjoy it....there literally is no downside to just having it there. Whatever....the new god/game mode do not make up for this in my eyes....neither are anything special.

Rant done. I'll probably be taking a long break from SMITE seeing as how I have no more future in competitive play.

Talgor

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }