Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Special Christmas Giveaway!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Special Christmas Giveaway! 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » December 21, 2020 6:11am | Report

Hey everyone and welcome to our Special Christmas Giveaway! ❄

Our favourite frosty holiday is finally here and there's no better way to celebrate together than sharing stories and creations, and of course, receiving gifts! Not physical gifts in our case as we're all over the world and shipping would be tricky, but we've got some Awesome Chests that are just as good for you to enjoy (and they fit under any Christmas tree)!

It's been a tough year for everyone and some of us won't get to celebrate Christmas with our dear ones. That doesn't mean we cannot have fun together as a community and enjoy ourselves, as it's a great part of the year that we should enjoy to the fullest!

Find out below how to take part in the event, and remember, we all need a moment of peace and fun after a difficult year! :)

Frosty N' Jolly Rewards!

Grab yourself a hot tea or cocoa mug and let's see what we've got in our Christmas sack for this event. There will be 10 winners that will receive an Awesome Chest each. In addition, their replies will be featured on the front page in the winners announcement post.

To spice things up, the winners won't be randomly picked for this event. All the entries will be checked by the SMITEFire Team and we will pick our favourite ones. Before the panic sets in, we will pick the ones that we've enjoyed the most, not the longest or the fanciest or anything like that. It's important to have fun while sharing your stories and Christmas spirit and we will as well! :)

If you're not a fan of writing and you prefer sharing your Christmas creations instead, we would also like to see your own Christmas trees and snowmen. We could look at them all day long!

We're not done yet - everyone who takes part in the event will receive a special Christmas badge! Take part now and add this unique and merry badge to your collection!

Now The Fun Part!

Pick your favourite and reply to this post until the 27th of December at 23:59 PM PST. 🕒
Share a fun Christmas story - If you have memory of a fun occurrence during past Christmas celebrations, we would like to read about it! Can be a real life story or something that happened during an in-game Christmas event, it's up to you to share your favourite one! Make sure it's your own story or Santa 🎅 won't fit through your chimney this year!

Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or desert - We play together from all over the world and our cultures are different in their own ways. Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or desert and maybe show us a picture as well! It can be something traditional or a comfort food you simply enjoy, you know best what makes you happy for Christmas! 🥣

Share your favourite Christmas movie - The special time of the year when we rewatch our favourite movies, it's almost like a tradition of its own. Tell us about your favourite movie while avoiding spoilers and see how many other community members share the same taste! If you have a tradition of watching non-Christmas themed movies around the holidays, tell us about it! Anyone else doing Lord of the Rings marathons? 🎬

Tell us about your dream Christmas gift - There's always a dream gift we would like to get for Christmas! While we can only fulfill your exclusive skins dreams, we would still love to hear about your wishes for the most magical time of the year. Feel free to also tell us about perfect Christmas gifts you've received in the past, happy stories are always great to read! 🎁

Share a picture of your Christmas tree or snowman - Our Christmas tree has been ready for more than a week already, in anticipation for our favourite holiday. Show us a picture of your own Christmas tree or maybe a snowman you've built and let us marvel at your creativity! If you're not having a Christmas tree and this year didn't bring any snow to you, show us your Christmas decorations or anything that lifts up your holiday spirit! Merry Note: Make sure to also include in the picture a piece of paper with your username! 🎄⛄

Thank you all for being here and we're very excited to see your replies! Please let us know what you think about this community event and our Christmas themed changes, we have more cool ideas planned for you. :)
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by aerix88 » December 21, 2020 9:13am | Report
Favourite movie:
Can't go home this year, but starting several years ago during a weeks-long power outage at my parents' house, we watched "Elf" on my mom's laptop. This started a yearly tradition of watching it, even without the power outage (thankfully). I also love checking out "Love Actually" as a close second favourite.

Lastly, this video, as created by Netflix with the help of some AI, is amazing and hope you all will check it out!

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1339994167032725504

aerix88

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 21, 2020 10:23am | Report
I'm just gonna throw this one in here because I want to share =)

Most amazing Christmas present? It would be this:

Wife: "Honey, I bought you a present. I know we've got the 2 kids and this won't fit the family, but I know you've been waiting for this a long time."

I originally put in a $500 deposit on the Aptera over 10 years ago. The company was ramping up for production but ran out of funds and closed down. Years later, they came back with new investors and this new version is even better.
  • Incredible aerodynamics / extremely low drag coefficient
  • Much better batteries these days
  • Way more powerful than it used to be (0-60 mph in 3.5 for the all-wheel drive)
  • Solar panels help it recharge while you're away from home
  • Gull wing doors
  • As a 3-wheeler, it qualifies for the carpool lane automatically in CA
  • No side-view mirrors (which would increase drag), they use cameras and screens inside
  • IMO reasonable price (variants between $26,000 and $45,000)...
...and there's so much other cool tech inside. Plus, the look is extremely unique, and I love it.

Alas, it's no longer appropriate for my lifestyle.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by vongolaIX » December 21, 2020 11:05am | Report
Well, this seems like fun!

The amazing tradition I love doing is something relatable to many people. It would be watching Home Alone movies with the family while drinking my favorite Hot Cocoa!!

I don't think the family would be able to gather this year due to the tough times of COVID-19. However, looking at the bright side we're all well. So, I have plans to host the movie online so we can all join in and watch it virtually together. I guess this would be a nice, and a safer way to still have an enjoyable night together.

Merry Christmas You Filthy Animal!!!
And a Happy New Year..

vongolaIX

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 21, 2020 2:29pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I originally put in a $500 deposit on the Aptera over 10 years ago. The company was ramping up for production but ran out of funds and closed down. Years later, they came back with new investors and this new version is even better.
  • Incredible aerodynamics / extremely low drag coefficient
  • Much better batteries these days
  • Way more powerful than it used to be (0-60 mph in 3.5 for the all-wheel drive)
  • Solar panels help it recharge while you're away from home
  • Gull wing doors
  • As a 3-wheeler, it qualifies for the carpool lane automatically in CA
  • No side-view mirrors (which would increase drag), they use cameras and screens inside
  • IMO reasonable price (variants between $26,000 and $45,000)...
...and there's so much other cool tech inside. Plus, the look is extremely unique, and I love it.

Alas, it's no longer appropriate for my lifestyle.

That thing is pretty neat, although I think over here it might probably be illegal to actually drive it on the public road cause of the sideview mirrors. let's hope they develop a family edition in a short while

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by EtherD » December 21, 2020 5:05pm | Report
I must've be around 11 years old when this story happened, and it was Christmas morning. My sister and I ran out into the living room, and we were dancing around in excitement. It had snowed lightly the night before, the tree was all lit up and twinkling, and my mom had a few candles burning that smelled like baking cookies. We were really feeling that Christmas cheer, literally dancing around the living room and, of course, the candles.
At the time, I had long hair that went almost down to my waist and I never tied it back. I guess I got too close to one of the candles and caught my hair on fire. I didn't feel it or notice it, and then my mom and sister started screaming. My mom jumped up and poured her cup of water over my head to put me out, soaking me and the carpet. I had burned a huge chunk almost up to my shoulders, but only on one side of my head. I was fine, but my hair was *super* messed up.
That was the Christmas that we opened up presents while the house smelled like burned hair and cookies.

EtherD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BananaHammer33 » December 22, 2020 7:32pm | Report
I don't have a specific Christmas story, but every year, my whole family would get together and we would all eat a huge meal, so much that we could barely move! And then after we would do a gift exchange where we could steal presents from each other! It would get very chaotic but we would always laugh and have a good time. It sucks that we can't do that this year, but I will always remember the moments we had in the past!
Happy Holidays, I wish everyone and their family good health and happiness! :)

BananaHammer33

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 22, 2020 9:18pm | Report
That's a pretty tree Banana. Yeah, white elephants can be fun, but only if the gifts are entertaining =P

YIKES Ether, that's pretty crazy. I'm guessing you had to cut the rest of your hair to even things out? Hair goes up in flames super quickly, you're lucky it wasn't worse!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HowlingHell009 » December 22, 2020 10:33pm | Report
My favorite Christmas Movie is Snow. It gives a new take on Santa and how he came to be and provides us with a love story.

HowlingHell009

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LoopyShoe » December 24, 2020 10:21am | Report

I don't know if this works but its a picture of my best friend/dog and my Christmas tree. WE usually travel for Christmas because our family is far away but we are stuck here this Christmas. At least it is cozy.
IGN: LoopyShoe

Also favorite classic Christmas movie is home alone 1 and 2. However if you haven't seen 4 Christmases it is hilarious and become a tradition to watch every christmas for us

LoopyShoe

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }