Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Site Update] New Layout & Search Option!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » [Site Update] New Layout & Search Option! 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » June 2, 2015 6:23pm | Report

We've updated SMITEFire with a new layout that includes a search bar right at the top of the page! This new feature will be in the same location throughout the entire site for easy access.

Summary
  • New search bar which lets you quickly find any information about guides, gods, items, skills and members.
  • Social media icons have been moved to the top of the page next to the search bar
  • Menu bar updated with a sleek new look

Overall, this update provides a cleaner user experience for everyone, hopefully without disrupting your habits too much.

Leave a comment telling us what do you think about these new updates and let us know if you have any suggestion or idea! We're still working on making these updates perfect, so if you spot anything weird let us know!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 2, 2015 6:28pm | Report
:o

I love the new look, and WAIT WHAT WE FINALLY HAVE A SEARCH BAR

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 6:45pm | Report
IKR :O FINALLY :D
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 2, 2015 7:04pm | Report
It's very pretty, but why not have the default search option be search all? (eg: If I type in Mowen into the search bar, by default nothing shows up since the default option is gods). I feel as though members new to the search bar on the site wouldn't notice that you can change the category and would end up not being able to find what they're looking for :/
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 2, 2015 8:00pm | Report
This looks really cool !

However, I have seen some conflicts with Tsjawatnu's 1v1 guide.
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/guide-to-joust-1v1-updated-for-season-2-7585

At least on Chrome, I can only see 70% of every line, instead of everything ...
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 2, 2015 8:02pm | Report

This looks really cool !

However, I have seen some conflicts with Tsjawatnu's 1v1 guide.
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/guide-to-joust-1v1-updated-for-season-2-7585

At least on Chrome, I can only see 70% of every line, instead of everything ...

It's happening on omgasias ratatoskr guide.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 2, 2015 8:06pm | Report
Wolfman5665 wrote:

It's happening on omgasias ratatoskr guide.

#True
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 2, 2015 8:28pm | Report
It's getting cut off in Chrome, Firefox and IE on my computer (although chrome has the most cut off)

Also my item build guide QQ

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » June 2, 2015 9:10pm | Report
@Zilby - We wanted to keep the search fast and responsive, and having every data type being searched would be slower, as well as being a lot of strain on the servers.

Also, we're working on fixing the guide bug you are seeing!

Edit: Fixed!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 2, 2015 11:39pm | Report
Ayyyy the guides look good again! Also wow that was a fast fix, kudos to you. As for the search feature, that makes sense if a general search would make it slower. I do like how responsive it is and sacrificing that would be a major negative.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }