Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post-Athena Balance and Bug Fix Patch 6-12-2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Post-Athena Balance and Bug Fix Patch 6-12-2013 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 14, 2013 1:01am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

It's because Poseidon is generally considered to be a better pick.

I have actually been curious about that myself, why is Poseidon picked over Ra? They both have about the same amount of minion control, with Ra being a bit superior in the fact that he can heal minions. Their Ult's are both high damage, with Poseidons being easier to land, though Ra's has a longer range. In my opinion, they are almost even when it comes to just looking at their kits.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 14, 2013 2:36am | Report
Release The Kraken! is much easier to land compared to Searing Pain. Not to mention far more likely to hit multiple targets in a teamfight as well (we're talking a big circle over a long narrow line). Did I forget to mention the Kraken stuns? That's an important detail to consider.

Poseidon also has Whirlpool, which not only has a suction effect but also cripples, blocking the escape abilities of many gods.

Finally, Trident keeps him from being completely harmless when his other skills are cooling down.

The only thing Ra's got over him is that healing light that also weakens enemies standing in it, allowing him to offtank with the proper build. Poseidon just puts out much better damage by comparison even if you go full-damage Ra, which usually doesn't work very well.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 14, 2013 2:48am | Report
They are pretty even in the lane from when I played my Ra against a Poseidon before.
All know the pos had to use both his whril pool and his wave to clear the wave when I was facing him mid.

If I remember correctly I think I was able to get my minions pushing his lane more than his minions surviving, probably because of the heal.

I don't know how everyone else plays Ra because usually I see them play passive but I play super aggressive with ra almost too aggressive.

I do remember having a 1v1 pretty much in mid lane a few days back against a pos and it was close. I remember the guys saying nice battle at the end, he wasn't mid he was just defending mid so me and pos was fighting.

They seemed kind of even when both played aggressive although most pos I played in mid weren't too aggressive so I can't so for sure if I would get owned by a super aggressive pos or not.

Pos has his whirl pool but alot of people use it too clear waves so I'm not to concerned once I see it used. Pos has his wave which I can dodge alright I guess. He has his 2 which isn't used much when I play, he has his ult which is something to worry about.

But ra has his heal, something that pos doesn't need to worry about its just an obstacle to get in his way or block him off. Ra has his slow which pos does need to worry about because i can beam or ult him after that.

It seems pretty even because if I use ra heal on top of the whirl pool it almost counters it by giving me health back. pos 2 gives him speed while my 2 slows him lol.

Idk

I wonder which is truly better now that I think about it.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 14, 2013 3:09am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Release The Kraken! is much easier to land compared to Searing Pain. Not to mention far more likely to hit multiple targets in a teamfight as well (we're talking a big circle over a long narrow line). Did I forget to mention the Kraken stuns? That's an important detail to consider.

Poseidon also has Whirlpool, which not only has a suction effect but also cripples, blocking the escape abilities of many gods.

Finally, Trident keeps him from being completely harmless when his other skills are cooling down.

The only thing Ra's got over him is that healing light that also weakens enemies standing in it, allowing him to offtank with the proper build. Poseidon just puts out much better damage by comparison even if you go full-damage Ra, which usually doesn't work very well.

You are forgetting the slow/blind effect from Ra though, while only lasting a second, can also make or break a fight in some cases. Now with faster slow buildup, its much easier to get full slow stacks on a group of enemies. Another thing to point out is that Ra's early game stats are better than Poseidons, even if by a minimal amount. He has more physical protection, and scales better with it, and more health/mana and health/mana regen. I am still not completely sold that Poseidon is a clearly better mid, due to lower regens and less sustain.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 14, 2013 5:31am | Report
Remember, the current meta favors gods who have hard CC, mobility, and safety. Poseidon and Agni have all of this, and both are top-picks because of this.

Most other mages don't have this combination of traits.

Ra only has slows for CC, and some of his kit requires him to be closer to enemies. Hel is much the same.
He Bo's full burst potential requires getting close to enemies.
While Ao Kuang can fight from a safe distance, he relies very heavily on enemies not moving from their position to inflict his damage, and has no CC. Zeus has the same problem with his ultimate.
While Anubis does have hard CC on his bandage, two of his three damaging skills root him to the spot, so his mobility really sucks. Locusts also require some close range.
Aphrodite and Eset work much better on the sidelanes with an ally.

I'm not saying these gods are bad, but these are the reasons why they aren't picked as often.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 14, 2013 12:36pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Remember, the current meta favors gods who have hard CC, mobility, and safety. Poseidon and Agni have all of this, and both are top-picks because of this.

Most other mages don't have this combination of traits.

Ra only has slows for CC, and some of his kit requires him to be closer to enemies. Hel is much the same.
He Bo's full burst potential requires getting close to enemies.
While Ao Kuang can fight from a safe distance, he relies very heavily on enemies not moving from their position to inflict his damage, and has no CC. Zeus has the same problem with his ultimate.
While Anubis does have hard CC on his bandage, two of his three damaging skills root him to the spot, so his mobility really sucks. Locusts also require some close range.
Aphrodite and Eset work much better on the sidelanes with an ally.

I'm not saying these gods are bad, but these are the reasons why they aren't picked as often.

Alright, you have me convinced. Though in a non-professional, casual conquest, I think it's quite possible that the Ra would win the lane. In the end, it depends on the players behind the gods.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }