Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pizza Gaming Disband

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Pizza Gaming Disband 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 12, 2013 10:18pm | Report
I agree on the ego.

People think they run the map when they are a jungler and they think all the items are for them.
Sometimes I want blue only if I mid and don't have a mana pot. The jungler will make me waste all my mana then steal blue like they need it more?

I get they can take it later but at the start they could at least give mid a blue to help mid out since its a 1v1 lane.

Also I played with a ne zha who wanted to jungle, she wanted one of us to solo a lane so I told her I would solo with anhur since I figured I could clear waves some what easy with impale.

Well even with anhur I was having a hard time because 1v2 is never a good thing no matter how good you are.

I was facing a hades/apollo and the hades kept diving at me to keep me from farming minions while apollo farms my minions.

Point is that nobody can take a 1v2 and win it unless you are playing against bad players with no brain or they picked a god that you can push lanes on easier.

Let me ask you this?

How can I possibly solo a lane 1v2 when there hades is A SMART PLAYER and passes up the minions to stop me from farming while Apollo farms my minions?

The answer is you can't so by having your jungle team mate you basically lose your lane and the match, why because after they take your tower they now have time to roam and gank other lanes since you are now forced to push their minions up even further it takes more time to push.

by the way, I won that lane but only because the hades left his lane to do something else because I think one of his team mates quit. I won the lane since it was 1v1 but if hades was back in his lane and it was a 1v2 I would have died or had my tower destroyed in a few minutes no joke.

Nobody is saying jungling can't be done, but MOST of the time it ruins the game for everyone.

And by the way you say a jungler is suppose to be soloing gold furry? LOL!

Ya maybe mid to late game but what is that jungler doing early game for your team? nothing besides jacking all the buffs for themselfs and all the time they waste they usually are only the SAME or A TAD BIT above everyone else.

Basically you are wasting time and losing your lane just to get a small benifit in gold/xp and I find most the time the junglers don't even clear it fast enough to make a difference in fact it hurts the team.

Sometimes they will have kills but thats because they steal your kills by ganking.
And their gank doesn't justify leaving their lane and losing it.

If anyone thinks a 1v2 sounds like a good idea EVER in any game period slap yourself for me.

Nobody is saying it can't be done, we are saying it mostly is never done....right.

WHAT I WANT MY JUNGLER TO DO IS
1 - help me in the lane early game at least levels 1-6
At these levels they will have a long/harder time killing jungle creeps anyways so they might as well just help me out some

2 - Take the buffs when it is safe to do so, I hate it when they go after buffs when our tower is pushed, I even seen my tower get destroyed while the person just kept jungling because they wanted the buff over saving the tower.

3 - Stay on our side of the buffs until its safe to move around or we are pushed up far enough to where they can make it back in time so our tower doesn't get destroyed.

4 - When they see I need help they need to help the lane and stop what they are doing.

5 - They need to tell our team if they took certain buffs if they notice our team mate wasting time going to see if a buff was up.

6 - They need to realize kills are not more important than saving our towers.
I would rather my jungler die 2 times in right lane over my jungler letting our tower die but getting the kill afterwards.

I win lanes even when I am dying, I want my freaking towers saved and protected.

If a jungler can do these then they qualify as a good jungle team mate but how many follow these rules??? None that I've encountered so far!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 13, 2013 1:24am | Report
The simple way I see it is tht smite is supposed to be fun for all 5 players on the team not just for 1!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » June 13, 2013 3:53am | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

The simple way I see it is tht smite is supposed to be fun for all 5 players on the team not just for 1!

Well said my friend, well said.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ecgxdante » June 13, 2013 9:07am | Report
lol don't blame hirez for a team to not want to "adapt" u know what there suppose to do in order to win a match. guess thats why i never heard/ seen them b4. really if you've played smite as long as i have. you know they aren't going to leave the game in its current state. hirez wants jungling to be an option, not the only way to win. They have already slightly nerfed the item, and they will 1. nerf it again 2.take it out, and buff camps, or 3.transform the map and space out camps that will still accommodate lanes, and slow down junglers.

Ecgxdante

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 13, 2013 10:04am | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

i could just post a morpheus meem saying:
what if I told you i can make it fun as a jungler for everyone.

but i think that would be a bit over the top so im just gonna explain HOW?!
let's start in the beginning the laning fase. this is the most difficult part of the jungler because he won't be that fast yet and the solo laner will have problem's as that's understandeble.
let me explain why it will get fun after the jungler has finished his routine and has backed. he would be ready to go in to the jungle again in any other MOBA but not in smite in smite he has to go to his lane and gank it or defend it. why not in smite because respawn on the creeps is to long so he has to get to the lane till 4:30 after that you do a faster routine and gank every lane.

so there is no full time jungling because you just can't be in the jungle full time because the respawn.

now let me get to mid game which with a farmed jungler is at 10 minutes.(yes 10 minutes)

the jungler if done correct will have start a lot of roaming and a lot of gank's with his lane partner and will be able to solo the goldfury if he has enough lifesteal if not he needs his lane partner to help or zone. back to gank's and this count's for junlger's ganking in the laning fase too. if it's a side lane pick one god to kill and the other to bruise you kill one and your team mates finish the other. Why because they need it to and it's better to get your whole team a bit more farmed than just you being very fed. for mid lane gank's if there is only one enemy. look if your mid laner already killed him if he did you can kill him. if he did not he kills him after that when you gank mid again you kill him.

this distributes gold better and will help every one. also you start taking tower's and split pushing. other than that try give your lane partner a few conpliment's and give him a few kills unless he is a tank but this is my presonal way to thank him for having to solo lane.

late game. aka teamfight's

this is where most of the action is while there is also a lot in mid game.

the + of jungling is that the enemy team will eather have given up at 10 minutes or will stick it out till the end. i have yet to get a game where the enemy team surrender's at 15-20. i find a surrender at 10 or getting to kill the minotaur better than getting a surrender at 15-20 because than i just feel that it wasted my time and if i go lane with apollo or something i get those a lot and i feel that im than still in lane fase or mid game.

that is what i love most about jungling that i will actually have the chanche to finish the game and defeau the boss my self (and with chanche i mean much bigger chanche of finishing it). i find satisfaction in that and it will actually feel like a good game which do to the increase bm'ers a lot less and and less because of those 15-20 surrender's.

this is why i like jungling in smite because even if one person will have to solo they will get more ganks than any other lane and will have more to do trough the whole match, will so more action than if you were laning and the enemy team will surrender at 15-20.

THIS IS WHY I FOUND SMITE TO GET A BIT BORING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

it was always the same moment that we or they surrender almost never getting to that minotaur.
for me jungling chanched that it helped me learn a class that i could never get to work the assassin's. i now enjoy smite more again.

DISCLAIMER.
this is all true and based on my experience as a jungler and solo laner.
all of this can happen if the jungler played it right.

if this doesn't happen the jungler eather

A. is a troll who just want's to get fed by killing everyone in a lane not thinking of what's best for the team.

B. still learning how to jungle and getting to know how the gank's are done best and when to farm in smite.

C. experienced but shut down by counter jungling, invations or just out farmed by the other jungler.

D. experienced but didn't do it right or just had a bad game.

B,C,D will apoligise for not doing great and will all do better next time.

DISCLAIMER 2:
i am not the best jungler and im still learning and working on what to do when. but i do know how much fun having and being a good jungler is.

all i ask is to seriously let hirez have a chanche on the jungle, i do think that the gold gane should be nerfed or have an aura effect that if there is a team mate close they will get a bigger cut with out taking anything form your cut more than they already get.

Ladies and gentleman of smitefire this is how i think you should jungle and what i have found to be the most effective and fun. i wish you all fun in the jungle and help out your team mates.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 13, 2013 2:22pm | Report
There's an old saying out there. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". There was nothing wrong with how the game was before Bumba's Mask got introduced. HiRez tried to "fix" the game by adding something that was never needed, and it turned out that the vast majority just didn't want it in the first place.

I'd also like to mention there's a difference between not adapting and not liking something. Pizza Gaming clearly enjoyed the competitive aspects of SMITE up until this point. I have no doubt in my mind they could've easily adapated... if they wanted to. Except they didn't want to. They found nothing fun about the new meta brought about by making jungling a mandatory practice, and so instead of adapting to it, they decided they didn't want to be a part of the competitive scene anymore.

It's become very clear to me that nothing I or anyone else will say is going to make All4Games change his mind. I'm just going to lay it out there that jungle metas are inherently broken concepts in the sense that you cannot have them both ways. Either there is no jungler role, or the jungler is mandatory. The concept of the jungler being simply "viable" doesn't exist because the moment it is actually effective, it becomes required under the sheer premise that it gives certain advantages your team would never have without one, and forces the opponents to play differently just to cope with it. A lot of us would rather not have the jungler at all: if we did, we'd just go back to playing League of Legends or some other MOBA where the jungler is a mandatory role.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 14, 2013 1:00am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

There's an old saying out there. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". There was nothing wrong with how the game was before Bumba's Mask got introduced. HiRez tried to "fix" the game by adding something that was never needed, and it turned out that the vast majority just didn't want it in the first place.

I'd also like to mention there's a difference between not adapting and not liking something. Pizza Gaming clearly enjoyed the competitive aspects of SMITE up until this point. I have no doubt in my mind they could've easily adapated... if they wanted to. Except they didn't want to. They found nothing fun about the new meta brought about by making jungling a mandatory practice, and so instead of adapting to it, they decided they didn't want to be a part of the competitive scene anymore.

It's become very clear to me that nothing I or anyone else will say is going to make All4Games change his mind. I'm just going to lay it out there that jungle metas are inherently broken concepts in the sense that you cannot have them both ways. Either there is no jungler role, or the jungler is mandatory. The concept of the jungler being simply "viable" doesn't exist because the moment it is actually effective, it becomes required under the sheer premise that it gives certain advantages your team would never have without one, and forces the opponents to play differently just to cope with it. A lot of us would rather not have the jungler at all: if we did, we'd just go back to playing League of Legends or some other MOBA where the jungler is a mandatory role.

Arguably, it was somewhat necessary. Since the release of Ne Zha, full junglers as opposed to laners who pop in and out of the jungle have risen in popularity. The biggest problem with this however, is that they did not have enough variety of itemisation for this. Hi-Rez added Bumba's Mask to give a bit of variety and support for full jungles. The problem was that instead of being a valid option for junglers, it became the only thing that junglers start with because it was simply much better than the other options.

I think that a bit more jungle itemisation is definitely a step in the right direction, it's just Hi-Rez executed it horribly and completely shifted the meta for the worse.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 14, 2013 9:19am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

sunfall i was not planing on getting convinced by anyone so you are right that noting is going to change my mind because when i like something i will defend it and i can get very stubborn but it was for my clear from the start that you are just as stubborn about this subject and that i would not be able to confince you. that was also not my goal my goal was to get mayby a few gamer's who come by these forum's every day and get them to at least try jungling and hope that they will like it.

i will not post more than this about jungling than this post for the time being.
jungling has given me what i needed to get more interest back in smite and help me learn a class that i can now lane with too.

if a clan, team or person will stop playing smite because of one item than i will say VVGT i will have very little respect for them and if someone's only reason to like smite was because there was no jungler's than i find that dumb and i will refuse to believe that that is there only reason.
there are many reason's to like smite the emersivnes of the 3'erd person view, the difference the gods/champions, the communty(getting worse though), the skill shot's and the final boss to win the game.

the reason i liked jungling is because as stated before is because i can actually get to the minotaur to defeat him and because it gave me the chance to learn a class i could not master before which where the assassins.

because of jungling i can now play all classes and for that im thankfull.

i love smite and i will continue to love it for the thing's that you can do in it and if they remove one of those which i like i will not be happy about it but if it forced people to dislike the game than i can get over it's removal.

Hirez has send the smite player's an E-mail in whick you can give them feedback about the roles in smite. i have answered telling them that i don't think it's bad adding in new roles, that i want tank's to be able to do damage if they buy the right item's or for that mather build a pysical mage or some thing. because of this E-mail i believe Hirez want's to get it very clear what the player's of smite want. give them the feedback like you want it and hope as all will do the same.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 14, 2013 1:45pm | Report
If you guys havnt seen this fill it out let your voice be heard

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/1/AvUC~wp0CP8SRob~Grge~yL~Jvsq~9z~Fh~YNjr~/5/76

its a beta survey

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }