Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pizza Gaming Disband

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Pizza Gaming Disband 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » June 11, 2013 2:52am | Report
the game is still in beta they have to give the item a proper run rather then immediately dropping it

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 11, 2013 6:33am | Report
if people are really that mad about bumba's then remove it but i personally would be disapointed, i like bumba's and for me it's the best way to play ne zha(seriously i can't play him for **** unless i jungle). i don't think it makes the game more passive because there will be ganks which is the actuall moment action will be going on other whise it is just waiting till you get your ult or untill the enemy makes a mistake. other than that it's just lane pushing and harrassing which if you play a lot of farmers/harrassers can get very boring and very passive esspecially in competitive if you harrass a lot they will play more passive and just farm.

i hope people can get over nostalgic feelings and let the meta during the beta have the possibilty to chanche. the jungling is not game breaking and before you start hating it because its different give it a chance and don't let how other people jungle chanche your opinion about it but don't start hating it untill you have tried it and and got a bit good with it. see if people will really be that mad about you jungling, see if it hurts your team more than it help
(when you get good in jungling) i have found it to help more and that you can win games with it or just get very fed.

the whole point you make about passive play can be trough bad expierence's if you were the solo or if you tried to jungle you not ganking enough which got the solo bored.

don't base your opinion on what other people say and just try it.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 11, 2013 7:13am | Report
What you stated just shows that the jungle meta is only fun if you're the jungler. For everyone else, you have to play passive. If you don't you'll end up giving your jungler opportunities to gank and punish your aggressive play.

Also understand that the game was in a good place without jungling. What we had instead was roaming, and the jungle we have is designed for a roaming playstyle, not a jungling one. It's designed so that while roaming, you have the opportunity to pick up some extra gold/EXP, maybe a few buffs before you return to your lane or gank another one. It worked. It's not a question of nostalgia, nor a question of game balance. It's a question of fun, and Bumba's Mask is removing that fun for a lot of players.

The big reason a lot of players are against passive play is because League of Legends was about passive play, and it was really boring. We joined SMITE to escape from that boring aspect of the game. If Bumba's Mask remains in the game, eventually SMITE will turn into being just a 3D LoL, and that above all else should be avoided.

Lastly, I'm not simply basing my opinions on others. I have played conquest games recently, and they're a lot less fun now because of what this item is doing to the meta. Bumba's Mask has got to go.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 11, 2013 7:43am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

What you stated just shows that the jungle meta is only fun if you're the jungler. For everyone else, you have to play passive. If you don't you'll end up giving your jungler opportunities to gank and punish your aggressive play.

Also understand that the game was in a good place without jungling. What we had instead was roaming, and the jungle we have is designed for a roaming playstyle, not a jungling one. It's designed so that while roaming, you have the opportunity to pick up some extra gold/EXP, maybe a few buffs before you return to your lane or gank another one. It worked. It's not a question of nostalgia, nor a question of game balance. It's a question of fun, and Bumba's Mask is removing that fun for a lot of players.

The big reason a lot of players are against passive play is because League of Legends was about passive play, and it was really boring. We joined SMITE to escape from that boring aspect of the game. If Bumba's Mask remains in the game, eventually SMITE will turn into being just a 3D LoL, and that above all else should be avoided.

Lastly, I'm not simply basing my opinions on others. I have played conquest games recently, and they're a lot less fun now because of what this item is doing to the meta. Bumba's Mask has got to go.

i have been on both side's as jungler and as solo i know its a bit boring at first but my junler's came and ganked often and you get the action back mid/late game. i haven't played lol so i don't know how it feels but i think that jungling in smite can work and i hope it stay's because i have had fun with it while jungling and while soloing and when it comes to passive play sometimes i get bored and play a tank to relax a bit play solo passive(that or apollo to relax) when it comes to wanting to solo or not if some-one ask's to jungle in the lobby you can just say NO and that you find it boring with a jungler if some-one just goes and jungle's than that person is just a troll who will die over and over regardless if he/she jungle's or not. you can plan a head and tell your team you don't like jungler's and don't want any on your team. i think bumba's is fine but if people will stop playing smite because of it than trow it out but atleast make the people think before they just quit. that or make bumba's that it encourge's roaming by for exemple get the speed away or the healt you get not form 3 jungle minoins but only from the boss.

there are more solutions than just taking it out.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 12, 2013 8:10am | Report
the jungle meta is soo freaking boring!! i literally just finished a match as odin where i spent the first 15 minutes just sitting inside my tower killing minions and my opponents thor and ares where just standing in lane waiting for my minions unless i was giving them a little poke.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 12, 2013 9:19am | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

the jungle meta is soo freaking boring!! i literally just finished a match as odin where i spent the first 15 minutes just sitting inside my tower killing minions and my opponents thor and ares where just standing in lane waiting for my minions unless i was giving them a little poke.

than your jungler was not good at ganking he/she should have ganked more and after 15 minutes you should have been in team fight's already

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 12, 2013 10:05am | Report
Most junglers that use mask ruin the game.

EXAMPLE :

Yesterday I played a conquest match.

Left lane was athena/Kali Kali had the mask

Mid lane was someone who I forget

Right lane was Me (Anhur) and Vulcan

Now me and vulcan was winning our lane against hades/arachne

I looked on my mini map and the WHOLE MATCH I seen athena pushed to her tower and did not see kali over there much.

Guess where kali was????

I look on my mini map and notice kali is coming to right lane which is my lane that me and vulcan was already winning!!!

For real wtf kali????

To make things worst she comes in our lane and steals our kills that we fought for which doesn't allow us to get our gold to push up even harder.

Left lane needs help yet kali does not help her lane out?
Mid lane probably could have got a ganked since it was even.

Right lane me and vulcan needed NO HELP but yet out of all the lanes kali chooses to help us out????

You see there are things that piss me of about people who use the mask.

#1 They rarely help out their lanes, they think just because they go back in their lane for 10 seconds that means they helped their lane out LMFAO!!!

#2 They take all the buffs and make me waste time when I go to get buffs on my side just to see them missing

#4 They try jungling at low levels when its way too hard or takes up too much time to even jungle

#5 they jungle across the whole map taking more time to get to their own lane if it needs help

And best of all

#6 They still your kills all the damn time taking your gold

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 12, 2013 10:41am | Report
again bad play on the jungler but why? because people don't know how to jungle in smite yet.
this is how you jungle in smite (or what i have found to be the most effective).

1. you set out a routine to go trough buff's and that depends on where you start.
2. when you went though the routine you eather A back, B gank the lane closest to you, C you help your lane by ganking or pushing. you do these until the next batch of buff's which you will clear faster now.
3. start taking tower's with your team or help you team get fed.
4. solo the gold fury when you have enough levels and life steal.
5. do a lot of split pushing with your team and kill as many enemies as you can.
6. you take gold furies as often as possible and start comiting to phoenix's
7. take fire giant or the minotaur.
8. if you took fg than take the minotaur.
9. congrats you won and you realy carried it but you couldn't have done it with out your team.

this is what a good jungler in smite does in my opinion.

BONUS
yeah jungler's really still kills ICEN the really STILL kills.(JK)

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 12, 2013 3:45pm | Report
I have to agree with ICEN. I have had a lot of bad mojo with junglers.

Here is the biggest problems I have: I played a level 1 game yesterday (because I was showing a friend of mine how to play), and someone thought that he could jungle full-time as Kali. I told him, "Jungling isn't a full-time role". He responded with "The meta changed" or something like that.

So, he left his lane partner alone the whole time, and while I was playing mid-lane Ao Kuang, where I was extremely fed because, of course, lvl 30 wrecking lvl 1's, he thought that everytime he passed by he could steal my kills.

Bumba's Mask is giving junglers WAY too much of an ego. Jungling is become a similar role to that of LoL, and it is completely unnecessary. Instead of being a team player, this guy thought that jungling full-time and then stealing kills from a fed ****ing player was the way to go.

Now, in higher levels this won't be the full case, but it will be similar. People will use this item as an excuse to leave their lanes and do whatever they please. They will jungle full-time, and think that they can gank whenever they want.

Meanwhile, the lane they are abandoning is forced to sit in tower and mostly likely 2v1. If not, then one of the enemies will take the lack of another person as a chance to, in turn, gank another lane.

I hope all of this makes sense. The item is causing much more trouble than it is good. It needs to go.

*Prepare for rebuttal from All4Games, where he defends his point of view because he is a jungler*

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 12, 2013 4:44pm | Report
My opinion about Jungling on SMITE:

-If there is a jungler in the enemies' team, and no jungler on yours, the game will be hard, for you.

-Jungling will only become viable if the map is the same for EVERYONE( similar to League's and Dota 2's Map view). Or else we are doomed to face a solo laning God, while you just push the lane with your partner, the enemy sit on his tower and get levels ahead of you two. Then the jungler comes and rape both of you.

-Jungling doesn't benefit the team for now. If SMITE had more neutral jungle creeps( Called ''EXP Camp'' by SMITE players), then yes, Jungle would finally become viable, with all the specs I said.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }