Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Osiris Concept Art

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Osiris Concept Art 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 1, 2014 12:29am | Report

Yesterday, Hi-Rez released the concept art for Osiris, the Egyptian god of the afterlife. Osiris is said to be the son of Geb and the husband/brother of Eset. He is rumored to be a warrior in the game, and looks very much like it in the concept art. His weapons look like a deadly crook and flail, tools used in tending flocks of sheep and harvesting grain.

His limbs looks like they will separate, probably as part of an ability. The separation is accurate with the story of how Isis found his dead body and put him back together so that he could get her pregnant with Horus before he died again. Also, it appears that he has some sort of spectral form which could be a nod to how the Gods resurrected him to be the god of the underworld.

Are you looking forward to Osiris? How do you think he will play?

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » May 1, 2014 9:57am | Report
He'll probably be slow as all hell.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » May 1, 2014 12:13pm | Report
He looks like he'll be tough as well, he also looks slow as Talenheim said, but he looks powerful, maybe a whip motion and slashing motion? how is limbs will work i dunno

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 1, 2014 12:37pm | Report
...I'm not saying their design isn't great, but why? He doesn't actually look like a mummy. Why? Why? WHY?!

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 1, 2014 12:46pm | Report
We told you he'd look like a mummy, because it makes freaking sense.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » May 1, 2014 12:49pm | Report
overall it looks like a really cool design, but like Talenhiem said he will more then likely be slow as hell
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » May 1, 2014 1:16pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

He'll probably be slow as all hell.

I like it, slow as hell ba-doom-crash! Get it? He's the god of the underworld (kinda), and hell is the underworld, no one? Ok :(

Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » May 1, 2014 2:12pm | Report
icy133 wrote:

I like it, slow as hell ba-doom-crash! Get it? He's the god of the underworld (kinda), and hell is the underworld, no one? Ok :(

I thought someone would come up with that sooner or later...

but yeah, he does seem to have less mobility than either Anubis OR Ymir.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » May 1, 2014 4:44pm | Report
My guess is when he dies, his body parts are scattered throughout the playing field and he travels in his spectral form gathering the pieces. If he does this, then he respawns at the last body part.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 1, 2014 5:44pm | Report
I'm gonna guess he uses health as a resource and his body parts drop off when he uses abilities and picking them up restores his health, similar to Zac from LoL.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }