Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OLYMPUS PATCH

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » OLYMPUS PATCH 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » August 14, 2013 5:09am | Report
Awesome patch!
The map looks so nice, not the neverending presence of that stupid orange glow anymore!!

I like RA skin and Aos Buff, my 2 new mains! Awesome!

And tyr now is the Techno Viking?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » August 14, 2013 5:26am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Oh God, Ninja Tabi... now my Art build has 50% crit chance instead of 57%... oh well, back to Warrior.

Warrior was better than Ninja anyway - even on Art. How do you get 50% crit now?

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xathax » August 14, 2013 3:14pm | Report
Really don't like how it doesn't let you buy "inappropriate" items any more. Want to have magic power on Vulcan to boost his turrets? That useless to you according to the game. Not sure what the issue was, but all it does is limit the variety of builds in the game...

Xathax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 14, 2013 3:16pm | Report
Xathax wrote:

Really don't like how it doesn't let you buy "inappropriate" items any more. Want to have magic power on Vulcan to boost his turrets? That useless to you according to the game. Not sure what the issue was, but all it does is limit the variety of builds in the game...

You will be able to do that.
Literally what they are barring, is you can't buy physical items on magic users and magic items on physical users. That is the only thing they are stopping. Vulcan can still build Rod of Tahuti if he wants.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 14, 2013 4:02pm | Report
I see no reason to restrict the items a player can buy. If the intent was to reduce troll building, those trolls can find a myriad of other ways to purposely throw the game, such as buying wards and planting them all over the base. It solves nothing, and has no reason to exist.

Also, the Ninja Tabi change is a much needed one. 7% critical was always a pittance compared to the penetration Warrior Tabi offered, when you consider how valuable penetration is as a stat.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 14, 2013 4:16pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

I see no reason to restrict the items a player can buy. If the intent was to reduce troll building, those trolls can find a myriad of other ways to purposely throw the game, such as buying wards and planting them all over the base. It solves nothing, and has no reason to exist.

Also, the Ninja Tabi change is a much needed one. 7% critical was always a pittance compared to the penetration Warrior Tabi offered, when you consider how valuable penetration is as a stat.

I think there is. As Magical Gods has now Magical AA, building phys on them is useless. The Physical Damage is the only restriction, if I'm not wrong. And vice-versa on Physical Gods.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » August 14, 2013 4:20pm | Report
only reason i can think of is for complete noobs

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 14, 2013 4:50pm | Report
But, the problem is that with magi's blessing have no more magical protection, if the magical tank are fighting all magical, the cannot fully fill their magical protection cause they can't but shield

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xathax » August 14, 2013 6:38pm | Report
When I was making a guide for Vulcan (whose turrets are based on Magic Power if I read correctly) ALL magic power items were grayed out. I could add them to the guide, but wasn't sure I wanted to as I figured I probably couldn't buy them in game. Sure his basic attacks are physical, but that doesn't mean everything he does is.

Xathax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 14, 2013 11:07pm | Report
Me gusta dat new map, already got some matches in it! <3 Enjoying it so well and these changes are pretty interesting.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }