Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Reveal- Poseidon, God of the Oceans

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » God Reveal- Poseidon, God of the Oceans 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 27, 2013 2:00am | Report
New god is out. This time, it's the long awaited Poseidon! Passive: Changing Tides
Poseidon gains movement speed and his abilities do damage everytime a basic attack lands.

Tidal Surge
Poseidon summons a skillshot that damages all Gods and knocks them back.

Trident
His basic attacks fire two more shots and he gains increased movement speed.

Whirlpool (Pokemon Gold and Silver anyone?)
Poseidon summons a whirlpool that sucks in all enemies into the center and deals damage. (Think Enigma ultimate from Dota)

Ultimate: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
This ability isn't as fun as it sounds :(
Poseidon summons the Kraken at targetted area, dealing damage. Enemies in the center are stunned, while enemies around the perimeter are slowed. (Think Leona from LoL)
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » February 27, 2013 2:28am | Report
he looks like great fun

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 27, 2013 2:28am | Report
epic man thx
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 27, 2013 6:30am | Report
Nice prediction Blaze!
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » February 27, 2013 8:17am | Report
So basically they are pushing out a new god every week now?
Thats what I call force push, also isn't Tidal Surge just a recolor of crushing wave?

His ultimate is hilarious tho.
Gotta love the interwebz.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 27, 2013 9:15am | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

Nice prediction Blaze!

thx ^^
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 27, 2013 9:52am | Report
I think for his 1, they just resized Hebo's ultimate model and made it a pushback.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 27, 2013 11:22am | Report
Thanks for posting! I put this in the news. I'll make sure to keep my eye out for his icons etc so I can put him in the database!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 27, 2013 12:05pm | Report
thnx for posting, this will be a really cool god =D

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 6:11am | Report
Possible Patch Notes:

Changing Tides (Passive): Poseidon’s movement speed increases and his abilities do additional damage as his Tide level increases. Successful basic attack hits increase his Tide, and using abilities decreases it.
Tidal Surge: Poseidon summons forth a wave that travels in a line, dealing damage and pushing back all enemies in his patch. Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+70% of your magical power). Cost 70/80/90/100/110. Cooldown 12s. Tidal Meter: -35% Tide.
Trident: Poseidon activates his Trident, granting move speed and making his basic attacks fire 2 additional shots in a spread for 6s. The shots deal magical damage plus 20% of Poseidon’s Magical Power. All shots increase Poseidon’s Tide on successful hit. Base Damage per Hit: 30/40/50/60/70. Movement Speed: 15/20/25/30/35%. Lifetime: 6s. Tidal Meter: -35% Tide. Cost 65/70/75/80/85. Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12s.
Whirlpool: Poseidon summons a whirlpool at his ground target location that cripples targets, preventing movement abilities, and pulls targets toward the center dealing magical damage every .5s for 3s. Reduces Poseidon’s Tide by 30% when cast. Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your magical power). Tidal Meter: -30% Tide. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s.
Release the Kraken: Poseidon releases the Kraken, damaging and slowing targets in its radius. Enemies in the center of the effect when it spawns take additional damage and are stunned and bounced into the air. Damage: 120/150/180/210/240 (+30% of your magical power). Damage (center): 180/220/260/300/340 (+60% of your magical power). Slow: 30%. Stun (Center): 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Tidal Meter: -50% Tide. Cost: 100/110/120/130/140. Cooldown: 90s.
New Skins:
Vamana Lil ‘Mana
Poseidon Earthshaker
Match-Making
[NOT FINAL] A new option has been added that allows players to choose to only receive matches for their preferred region. This may lead to longer wait times and/or less evenly matched games. Note that this feature will work only for the Casual Arena, Conquest, Domination and MOTD queues at this time (support for additional queues should be added soon).
[NOT FINAL] The timers have been removed from the queues on the Casual menu, and a new algorithm has been implemented. Note that we may revert back to the timed queues if this experiment is unsuccessful.
The Novice Conquest Queue has been removed and re-merged with the regular Conquest Queue.
Domination Changes
The following modifications have been made to the Domination game mode. Many of these changes were made based on Community suggestion:
If minions make it to their goal and are removed from the map, they will heal 3% of the maximum health of any friendly Sand Guardian in their lane.
Sand Guardians take only half damage if they do not have a current target to prevents player AOE chipping. Minions count as a target.
The respawn time of Sand Guardians is accelerated for each friendly standing in the radius.
The Point Capture radius has been increased to cover the entire water area around the capture point. If you are on the water or inside it, you will be on the point.
General:
Players in teams of up to 3 players may now join the “Practice Arena” on the Practice tab of the PLAY menu. You will be pitted against 3 bot enemies in this Arena format gamemode. If you join solo or in a party of two, the rest of your side will be filled with friendly bots to compete on your side.
The GUIDES menu has been significantly upgraded. In addition to having better visual presentation of videos and website links, the Guides area now includes a “Character Builder” that allows users to configure different Item and Ability builds on a god and then view the stats for that god for that build. The current Character Builder is an early rendition and further improvements are expected in future patches (including the re-introduction of the Video Guides and Website Guides, which have been temporarily removed)..
Changes have been made to the target indicator when in Instant Casting mode. The bar now shows “tick marks” at different lengths, making it easier for you to learn at what distance certain abilities on gods will fire.
On Challenge Match creation, there is now a “Random Pick” option under “God Picking Method.”
Minor visual adjustments have been made to the Item tooltips.
Several bugs with deserter status have been fixed.
Made a variety of sound priority changes, which should better ensure that the more important audio cues play during busy gameplay.
Dead minions now sink into the ground when their bodies clean up.
Wards now have better visual indicators of friendly versus enemy.
The Tutorial has had an artistic makeover to better fit with the art style in the new Conquest map.
When lane minions die, they will play a variety of different kinds of deaths depending on the god ability that killed them.
The trees in the Conquest map have undergone visual adjustments.
Fixed a bug in which users would not be able to use the Free Rotating Gods in some instances.
You can now view the profile/stats of persons that have requested to be your Friend on the FRIENDS tab under the SOCIAL menu.
Stealthed players should no longer be revealed outside of the base interior.
Spectator Changes
Added a Spectator Options tab in the settings menu including the following:
Ability to rename the Red Team and Blue Team. There is now an overlay with the team names beneath the in-game scoreboard and team messages will use the customized team names.
Ability to toggle visibility for numbers representing gold, damage, healing, XP, and critical hits.
You can toggle a team-colored outline around gods to better see team membership.
Ability to remap spectator keybindings.
Fixed an issue where players on the red team were having their nameplates invisible when they were not in line-of-sight to the spectator.
When Loki is stealthed and on the red team, his character mesh is now visible to the spectator.
In-game clock on the scoreboard now is synchronized with the playback clock.
Fixed an issue where the game could crash when spectating Neith.
Clicking the end-match time on the playback bar will hide the time. This is useful for spectators who want to keep the end-match time unspoiled.
Jungle Camps:
Gold Fury
Starting health has been reduced from 3500 to 3000.
Additional health per minute has been increased from 230 to 240.
Abilities and Consumables:
[NOT FINAL] New Ability - Motivate
Using this ability grants 30 physical and magical protections and doubles the health of allied minions in the radius for 10 seconds. Cooldown - 90s.
Aegis Amulet
The cooldown on this ability has been increased from 150s to 180s.
Purification Beads
This ability now removes roots as well. It also removes the new Cripple status.
Sprint
Hand of the Gods
Now kills any Jungle Monster (including Fire Giant and Gold Fury) when they are below 10% health.
Wards
Price has been increased from 50g to 75g.
Wards can now detect players and enemy wards at the same radius.
The maximum number of wards that you can carry has been reduced from 5 to 3.
Wards now only detect things that are in line of sight of the ward.
Items:
Death’s Toll
Physical power has been increased from 10 to 15.
Fatalis
The passive now makes it so that you no longer move slower when you are moving backwards.
Hide of the Nemean Lion
The price of this item has been increased from 1950g to 2250g.
Mark of the Vanguard
Health has been reduced from 155 to 100.
Vampiric Shroud
Magical power has been increased from 10 to 20.
General Balance Changes:
Base and per level attack speeds have been reduced for all tanks.
Gold spooling has been reduced from 3 gold per second to 2 gold per second.
For each enemy tower destroyed, players get a +5% gold bonus stacking up to 30%.
After a player engages the Minotaur, if the Minotaur resets he will gain 15% of his maximum health. The Minotaur can no longer be kited outside the temple.
Gods (Other changes):
Anhur
Attack speed increased slightly.
Cripple
Passive name has been changed to Enfeeble.
Ares
Shackles
Movement abilities are no longer usable when players are shackled.
Artemis
Transgressors Fate
Movement abilities are no longer usable when players are stuck in her traps.
Cupid
Attack speed increased slightly.
Fields of Love
Movement abilities are no longer usable when players are in his fields.
Hades
Pillar of Agony
The strength of the pull from his ultimate has been adjusted to be stronger initially to reduce the frequency of players being able to walk out of it.
Hercules
Driving Strike
The base damage of this ability has been increased from 80/130/180/230/280 to 85/155/225/295/365.
The physical power contribution of this ability has been increased from 60% to 90%.
Odin
Ring of Spears
Odin is immune to all crowd control while inside his ring.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }