Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Reveal - Loki, The Trickster God

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » God Reveal - Loki, The Trickster God 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 1, 2012 3:07am | Report
Stealth alwasys breaks all forms of PvP. Can not be seen, you win.
Getting chased you pop this stealh and double back or head off into a jungle and you live.
Team fights no one sees you, untill you have been killed.

Sure they cant take damage but they do insane amount of damage when played well.
Even LoL has been trying to get rid of stealth champions, its just not fun with them.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Protato » November 1, 2012 12:13pm | Report
Personally I love stealth champions but I hate playing against them. There's nothing more annoying than a fed Shaco on the other team!(Although he is easily countered but I'm talking solo queue here). It adds another element to the game that you wouldn't normally have. Keeps you on your toes!

Protato

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 1, 2012 11:43pm | Report
Lol, dat walk animation, Loki struttin' his stuff.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Opt1kal » November 2, 2012 4:30pm | Report
From what I've seen with him(only played him twice. Once in arena and once in conquest.), he's really a late game hero. Not one for the early game at all.

Opt1kal

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » November 2, 2012 4:50pm | Report
Quoted:

Stealth alwasys breaks all forms of PvP. Can not be seen, you win.
Getting chased you pop this stealh and double back or head off into a jungle and you live.
Team fights no one sees you, untill you have been killed.

Sure they cant take damage but they do insane amount of damage when played well.
Even LoL has been trying to get rid of stealth champions, its just not fun with them.

Stop it.

I mean really, stop.

I understand your stance on fatalis, but Loki is far from a broken god, and having a combat stealth is not the same thing as a tactical stealth. Not to mention Loki can still be hit while unseen, and if stunned (say ymir breath) will be revealed.

LoL tried to nerf stealth into the ground, yes, but they never tried to nerf COMBAT stealth. Shaco had a long time to reign while Eve and Twitch were hard nerfed. Shaco was being used in the jungle in high level play, and he wasn't completely unfair. Hell people still use him at ~1800-2k (from my experience there) and he's recieved nerfs since then, and is considered bad by most high level teams. Morello has said before that he enjoys the hell out of Shaco's design, he just doesn't like Eve.

In fact what made shaco so powerful was his jungle control and how quickly he could grab double buff on top of his map presence. In smite - you can only have one of those three things. Map presence doesn't really exist because you can't roam too far from your lane partner for too long.

Loki's kit isn't imbalanced, Loki's kit isn't OP, and if you thought that Eve was OP pre-nerfs then you were crazy. She wasn't OP, she was just pubstomping low level players. Same with Shaco, and it's why a lot of Smite's high level community don't think Loki will be good. His early and midgame may be strong, but he undoubtedly falls off, and pretty hard at that.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 2, 2012 5:12pm | Report
The hilarious thing about this is that you took a tiny comment pre live patch and blew it way out of the water and over did it lol. This was when it was known to have stealth. That was it, not how long of stealth, not how it worked, nothing about it was given. So please, before shooting off be sure to pay attention to time frames.

Here is where you are wrong. No one cares about LoL it was an example and everyone knows that Morello, Nerf Master Suck Town, is an idiot and oblivious to his own game designs. This is Smite fire, no one here really cares about how things work over there.

Stealth does break balance, its hard to counter it. This is true in all games. Seeing him in games already and watching your high level community players, Im confused where you think they said he was bad. His early game isnt that good, as he is as squishy as Hel is but he has one thing going for him. ~90 damage auto attacks level 1. With a good lane partner that is an easy level 1 first blood for him. His early game, your right, is lacking tho. His mid to late game is very powerful and in team fights he turns them easily. He has the ability to jump right in a team fight melt a carry and move on. That is his job he isnt there to keep fighting.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » November 2, 2012 10:22pm | Report
Quoted:

The hilarious thing about this is that you took a tiny comment pre live patch and blew it way out of the water and over did it lol.

No, the funny thing is you saw a mechanic pre patch and blew IT way out of the water. Literally, there is nothing wrong with stealth as a mechanic.

Quoted:
Here is where you are wrong. No one cares about LoL it was an example and everyone knows that Morello, Nerf Master Suck Town, is an idiot and oblivious to his own game designs. This is Smite fire, no one here really cares about how things work over there.

Morello is actually a pretty brilliant designer, and he's REALLY GOOD at admitting where his mistakes are. While the league community condemns him, everyone is quick to condemn someone who nerfs a character or class. He's made some statements that are radical, but in general I agree with him, IE: Sustain supports are lame and he wishes they were gone from the game entirely.

Quoted:
Stealth does break balance, its hard to counter it. This is true in all games. Seeing him in games already and watching your high level community players, Im confused where you think they said he was bad. His early game isnt that good, as he is as squishy as Hel is but he has one thing going for him. ~90 damage auto attacks level 1. With a good lane partner that is an easy level 1 first blood for him. His early game, your right, is lacking tho. His mid to late game is very powerful and in team fights he turns them easily. He has the ability to jump right in a team fight melt a carry and move on. That is his job he isnt there to keep fighting.

I don't watch high level players - I play with them. My main account plays in tournaments on Girth, my alt account CAN play soloQ with a lot of them, but TBH I don't see the purpose of SoloQ as it hasn't been making me a better player.

Most of them think pretty similar to me - he could be good, but there's nothing imbalanced about him. A lot of them also think similar to me pre-patch, in that stealth was a mostly pubstomping mechanic. :)

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 2, 2012 10:28pm | Report
Ok, well I can see you mix up personal opinions and make things up that others have said to fit your opinions. Good luck to you as I can see there is no talking with you in a rational way.

Point in case, the simple fact that stealth is a balancing nightmare and that none of the actual "high level" players think Loki is bad. If you had watched the WOGL Loki was doing pretty good and those were players at the top of your elo. Remember, ELO means nothing in this game. Many people got to 3-4k elo the first few days from boosting and the exploits that were fixed quickly.

Good luck with girth who lost to BLG NA, one of the most disorganized teams currently. Its hard to watch them.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » November 3, 2012 3:43am | Report
Quoted:

Ok, well I can see you mix up personal opinions and make things up that others have said to fit your opinions. Good luck to you as I can see there is no talking with you in a rational way.

Point in case, the simple fact that stealth is a balancing nightmare and that none of the actual "high level" players think Loki is bad. If you had watched the WOGL Loki was doing pretty good and those were players at the top of your elo. Remember, ELO means nothing in this game. Many people got to 3-4k elo the first few days from boosting and the exploits that were fixed quickly.

Good luck with girth who lost to BLG NA, one of the most disorganized teams currently. Its hard to watch them.

That was one of the most pretentious posts I've ever read from someone who hasn't proven themselves in the slightest. And I'm unreasonable? You've made a completely irrational claim that wasn't true. I argued my opinion against it, and you come out with attacks on skill.

I'm surprised you didn't end that with "do you joust, bro?"

We lost to BLG NA when they had Zap and Sparks, and were far from unorganized. Girth was still a pick-up group that hadn't even had a week of practice. Oh, and we actually had a close game.

But regardless, I'm not here to argue my skill level, that'd be silly. What I'm arguing is that your point of stealth being "op" is wrong - and consistently has been through every Moba. Evelynn has been considered "op" at one point - post buffs after the stealth rework. Why was she considered OP? Because of massive burst damage from stacking deathfire and her ult which did % max health and % current health, causing insane burst. It wasn't because she could stealth. Otherwise, she was considered a pubstomper, who excelled against random unorganized teams of lesser skilled players, but when matched against intelligent players - never was able to become useful outside strokes of luck.

I never said Loki was bad, nor did I make any claim even remotely similar. I said that most high level players thought he was underwhelming in teamfights - something you tried to dispute by saying he could melt the carry. I know most of the top level players think he's best in the game at ganking and making quick appearances while roaming - but not that he's a teamfight beast who is "unfair."

But if we want to play the skill game, what team do you play for? Do you even have boosted smurfs? (By the way, this system is STILL abusable, is still being abused, and is part of the reason I haven't been playing outside scrims. It's not just the first few weeks that this was happening.)

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 3, 2012 4:11am | Report
You did infact say he was bad, he falls off in the late game is saying just that. I know I know clouded judgment!

BLG NA is a very unorganized team and guess what bragging about a team has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That is just crying out for attention is all you are doing further proving the point by then trying to insult myself asking what team Im on like it matters somehow. Im sorry that the game and the "team" you have is your life. You are welcome to even HAVE that team because of companies like mine and many others that are willing to throw money at Hi rez to make and show them that the community wants a competitive scene in the E-Sports.

Im not here to argue about my skill, yet thats all you are doing here. You are doing nothing but bragging about it and talking about LoL. A 100% different game. Did you know that Thor was mad a god in Smite because Mario collected 120 stars in Super Mario world 64? It makes no sense and has nothing to do with what was the original topic.

You say first that your high level buddies think he isnt good, them claim they are saying that he was great at ganking and roaming even tho, according to you, you cant go roam for a long period of time. I dont know why you would for a long period of time but hey its what you said. So which is it? Your buddies saying he is not good, or that he is good because its 2 different things again.

Why would I have boosted smurfs? Smurfing is nothing more than going against lesser skilled players to be able to destroy them without a challenge. Sorry but that isnt fun for anyone nor is it really fair and Im sorry to all those people that have to put up with such things. There will always be ways to exploit everything. No system if fool proof so dont even try that one and then shrug it off saying "Oh thats why I dont play anymore"

All I get from you is your love of LoL, trying to compare the 2 things when you cant really do that and then you bragging about some ****py team who lost to a really ****py team that isnt going to last very long the way they are playing. You have no argument because you argue about a differnent game all together and its really sad and funny. To say that stealth was never an issue in any game is absurd and VERY nieve thinking. You bring nothing to this community, so go back to LoL and rage over there because honestly you know nothing at all.

A simple ignore from you is all that is needed to make these forums a much better place.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }