Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Reveal - Loki, The Trickster God

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » God Reveal - Loki, The Trickster God 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » November 3, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Quoted:

You did infact say he was bad, he falls off in the late game is saying just that. I know I know clouded judgment!

BLG NA is a very unorganized team and guess what bragging about a team has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That is just crying out for attention is all you are doing further proving the point by then trying to insult myself asking what team Im on like it matters somehow. Im sorry that the game and the "team" you have is your life. You are welcome to even HAVE that team because of companies like mine and many others that are willing to throw money at Hi rez to make and show them that the community wants a competitive scene in the E-Sports.

First thing's first - Saying someone falls off does not mean they are an awful pick. TF falls off in league, but that doesn't make him an awful pick.

Second thing - I didn't bring up my team at all. I brought up that I played with high level players, and knew how they were playing. You brought up my team and that they've lost to BLG NA (in the past, not anytime recent). My point was, if you're going to attack my team because I disagreed with you, tell me about your high level experience. If you can't provide examples, attacks on skill aren't really going to accomplish much.

And "your company" is a really, really silly thing to say. Are you getting paid for service? Are you directly related to this throwing of money in any way? Because if you are, I can tell you that you're not really doing a good job of being a representative of "your company."

And you act like that means anything in a beta, where nobody is gaining significant money from smite. That "Obviously this is your life" argument is also really silly. There is no possible way for most the competitive community to make money off of Smite ATM outside streaming - but Smite's viewer base is far too small to make anything significant. The only Twitch partners in the community aren't making much ATM from their stream unless the viewers are donating directly from their pocket.

But please, continue to make juvenile attacks against myself and my team simply because I disagreed with you making over the top statements about a god pre-release.

Quoted:
Im not here to argue about my skill, yet thats all you are doing here. You are doing nothing but bragging about it and talking about LoL. A 100% different game. Did you know that Thor was mad a god in Smite because Mario collected 120 stars in Super Mario world 64? It makes no sense and has nothing to do with what was the original topic.

Third - you were the one who initially brought up LoL. You were the one who made the initial comparison between the two games. And you were the one who made the claim that stealth is an "overpowered" mechanic in all Moba games. Your whole Mario argument? Slippery slope. Logical fallacies are not welcome in a debate.

Your original statement had everything to do with other games and stealth mechanics and how "fair" they are. I argued that stealth mechanics were never unfair on their own. Power on stealth characters from other Mobas usually came from something else being found out about them, rather than the stealth itself. I literally have to argue from another game, because that is where your argument was based.

Quoted:
You say first that your high level buddies think he isnt good, them claim they are saying that he was great at ganking and roaming even tho, according to you, you cant go roam for a long period of time. I dont know why you would for a long period of time but hey its what you said. So which is it? Your buddies saying he is not good, or that he is good because its 2 different things again.

No I didn't. I said that Shaco was good because of a few things - two of which aren't possible in Smite. Loki cannot create total map control. That's just not possible. Loki also cannot gank every lane, that's also not possible. Leaving from right and heading all the way to left to gank, then returning right will cause too much lost exp on your side.

However, Loki is the best god at roaming to the nearest lane - he has quick travel speed, and really high burst. A gank from him doesn't even need to be backed up, he can still likely push the other guy out of lane. In other words - he's a good roamer, but not an amazing map presence with an incredibly fast double buff and level 2.

Quoted:
Why would I have boosted smurfs? Smurfing is nothing more than going against lesser skilled players to be able to destroy them without a challenge. Sorry but that isnt fun for anyone nor is it really fair and Im sorry to all those people that have to put up with such things. There will always be ways to exploit everything. No system if fool proof so dont even try that one and then shrug it off saying "Oh thats why I dont play anymore"

Smite's elo system is beyond bad. It's not that it "isn't fool-proof" it's that it is literally broken in several different ways. I started in the 2800s pre-patch, when the system for matchmaking was incredibly silly and they disabled queues as a result. I then didn't play for a long time, and brought two more accounts to 15 - playing in different ways. One was directly solo-Q only, one was playing 5s with my team, challenge matches, and a couple 3s.

They both had winratios that were comparable, one started at 4.8k, one started at 2.9k.

In return, I know a lot about the flaws in a few things: Their matchmaking system in normals is incredibly silly ATM. Their rating system is incredibly flawed in a few ways, causing normals to give a VERY BIG difference in Elo depending on several factors that shouldn't matter. Their ranked rating is based off of this flawed normal system for entry, and once again, rating gains/losses are influenced too heavily by game performance to the point where carries gain significantly more than anyone else.

So sure, no system is fool-proof, but to act like the system right now is an accurate tool of measurement is crazy. It's an accurate tool of measurement if everyone played it all the time, and put far more time into it than anyone but possibly Shing/Jerbie have. Because the rating system itself takes far too long to measure correct placement, and once variance drops - it becomes a huge chore to move anywhere in the ratings until you raise it again. And with the high HIGH difference in rating between the top spots, it's impossible to touch people with a lead. Right now, nobody will come anywhere NEAR shing in rating, ever. The system absolutely doesn't allow it. Why? Because Shing started ahead of almost anyone else, won a few games, got put even higher, then grinded his way up further to a point where he's become unreachable where the current system is. It doesn't matter if Lassiz becomes better than Shing mechanically and in game knowledge, he will not surpass him simply because Shing is far too high.

Quoted:
All I get from you is your love of LoL, trying to compare the 2 things when you cant really do that and then you bragging about some ****py team who lost to a really ****py team that isnt going to last very long the way they are playing. You have no argument because you argue about a differnent game all together and its really sad and funny. To say that stealth was never an issue in any game is absurd and VERY nieve thinking. You bring nothing to this community, so go back to LoL and rage over there because honestly you know nothing at all.

A simple ignore from you is all that is needed to make these forums a much better place.

I came into these forums and agreed with you on two issues. I haven't trolled you, I've never insulted you, and I've literally done nothing offensive except to question your skill after you attacked mine. If anything is healthy for Smitefire, it'd likely be your removal as a representative. Your opinion is free to make public, but you've done nothing in this thread but consistently attack me for no reason other than you don't agree.

I like Smite, I like playing Smite more than I liked playing LoL. To say they are incomparable is really just not clear thinking. And my argument was based off your initial statement, but yet again, keep attacking my team whom you have absolutely no reason to dislike.

The only reason I would question your skill is because you're making an argument based off of game balance, and you're making an argument from authority. But what authority do you have on that matter? Did you play several games to high level play? Because if you didn't, you really don't have much credibility when making arguments from the stance you've taken. That is the point. I've played several games at high level play. If I were simply going to make brash comparisons that made no sense in order to further my argument, I wouldn't even be talking about LoL, I'd be talking about the games I actually have made money from. But you know what? Those are actually incomparable and have very little weight concerning my ability to play Mobas.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » November 3, 2012 7:31pm | Report
If you think about it, Loki isn't overpowered. He can hit hard if built properly, but he can also die very quickly against any stronger God. Ao Kuang, Artemis, Ymir, etc. can all wreck Loki if played right. The stealth isn't even that big of a deal. Most Gods have a getaway, whether they jump, run, fly, dig, whatever, where they can't be seen.

Also, Loki's ult is very similar to Thor's. You can jump right behind an enemy and stun them as Thor as easily as you can with Loki.

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 3, 2012 9:28pm | Report
I love Loki, but I feel for what it does, the cooldown on his ulti is way too long, so usually I end up having to buy a *God save me from Asmoday* Fatalis on him. But I still feel that a semi wasted item slot and 2000 gold is not worth 72 seconds cooldown on my ulti. I hope they lower the cool down of it is all I'm saying.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 4, 2012 1:20am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I end up having to buy a *God save me from Asmoday* Fatalis on him.

Fatalis CAN be a really nice item on Loki, since sometimes you really need his ultimate, either to get away or to finish someone off, or even initiate fights.
Also movement speed and attack speed aren't wrong on Loki anyway. I played with Fatalis instead of executioner and still did 1500 Krit/Backstab/3 with a single hit. But if you build Loki wrong Fatalis can be a flaw.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 5, 2012 12:35am | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

Fatalis CAN be a really nice item on Loki, since sometimes you really need his ultimate, either to get away or to finish someone off, or even initiate fights.
Also movement speed and attack speed aren't wrong on Loki anyway. I played with Fatalis instead of executioner and still did 1500 Krit/Backstab/3 with a single hit. But if you build Loki wrong Fatalis can be a flaw.

I agree, it's perfect for Loki if you know how to build him.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Friendly Pony » November 15, 2012 4:35pm | Report
Quoted:
First thing's first - Saying someone falls off does not mean they are an awful pick. TF falls off in league, but that doesn't make him an awful pick.

I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to say that TF doesn't fall of lategame, his stun is still a gamebreaker, his poke is still very very good, and he can still splitpush extremely well.

Anyways, Loki doesn't look OP to me, mainly because hard cc (something this game has a lot of) has always been a problem for squishy champions, his only dash is his ultimate which is on a low cooldown, and he's completely melee. That said I recognize he does plenty of damage and can snowball other lanes pretty well, so I think he's alright.

Sup, I'm Nighthawk. Have any questions? Feel free to PM me :)

Friendly Pony

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }