Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What new hero to buy?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What new hero to buy? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » September 21, 2013 10:18am | Report
Hey guys, im demo, returned to smite after a year break, so i dont have the any of the new heroes and i have the old gods that were available(kali,ymir,ra,sun wukong,artemis) and i had also bought artemis, so after some games i have collected 5500 favor(FINALLY!!), so i was planning to buy fenrir as i really love the claw slashers and huge dmg dealers, but i have rarely seen a good fenrir, is it just that it is bad or people dont know how to play him. So anywys, wat hero do u suggest me to buy, i dont even know the names of all heroes D:. But i really want a good hero whom i can master. My list was:-
1. Fenrir
2.the wine god, forgot his name, something from b.
3.by the time im done with those 2, thanatos will be 5500 as well, i'll get him.
So, what are your thoughts?
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 21, 2013 11:33am | Report
From my experience, there are better junglers to go for than Fenrir because his camp clear takes a little more time than for some other junglers. He also doesn't bring that much to the table other than raw damage and the CC on his ultimate, where a few other junglers are stronger as well (Thor has wall + ult that can affect multiple enemies, Ne Zha has short stun on his 3, his ring toss that slows (which used to be very strong before latest patch but still decent), and his ultimate that sort of works as Freyas' banish, etc.

So with that said, Fenrir is a strong pick, but requires your teammates to have CC in each lane in order for you to successfully become a big threat to the enemy.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » September 21, 2013 11:52am | Report
Well, im an old player and only lvl 12 so at my level there are no such thing as junglers(trust me), and i really like how he can dish out alot of dmg, i have just seen stupid fenrirs jump in try to attack one of them, and then die because of their teammates. So what according to you should i get(not as a jungler, just as a general game presence), here are the heroes im interested in practising, fenrir,bacchus,tyr. These are the heroes that currently interest me. Would u plz be kind to tell me what makes them good, and how awesome they are :D
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 21, 2013 2:05pm | Report
Well they serve different roles, so it all pretty much comes down to what role and lane you would like to be in the most. Fenrir serves in my opinion better as a jungler than he would in a lane because of the fact that he has no CC other than his ultimate, which would make it very difficult for your jungler to succeed in ganking your lane.

Tyr I haven't played much, and when I have, I have been jungling with him as well. Although he does have the potential of being pretty much anywhere but mid lane, I find him to be more accurate at jungling than anywhere else because of the strong initiate-kit that he has, but could do very good as support in duo lane or soloing as well.

And last (but not least?) Bacchus, who I find to be a very strong pick as support in duo lane, if you can play him properly. I do play him very much myself, but I have had many good Bacchus players supporting me when I have played ranged adc, a very solid god that leaves little to no chance for the opponents to survive whenever your jungler ganks your lane.

But all that matters in the end is where you personally find yourself to fit the most. If you like to solo lane, Tyr could probably be a nice option. If jungling is your thing, go for either Fenrir or Tyr depending on your team composition. Or if you prefer to play support, I would highly recommend Bacchus, as he is very strong once you have learned to master him.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 21, 2013 6:38pm | Report
Tyr is pretty annoying once you get good at him. He also is a bit gear dependant. He doesn't start shining till he has at least two complete items. (Starter items don't count.) Overall, I compare him to a Thor lite. So a bit ****py early game but mid and late game he shines.

Fenrir if played properly can be a huge pain early and mid game. His big problems are him being able to get shut down by other gods. He will also fall off mid game.

I have rarely seen a good Bacchus. Mostly due to his more unique combat situation.

Personally, if you want to jungle, you should get either Thor or Hun Batz. These two pretty much never fall off.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 21, 2013 6:45pm | Report
Fenrir when he's released.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 22, 2013 12:09am | Report

Fenrir when he's released.

the horror.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }