Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What god should i buy? and other help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What god should i buy? and other help 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXMitchDQXx » September 19, 2015 2:36am | Report
hey im looking for a god to buy but the problem is its sooooo hard and i feel if i buy the wrong god it will take ages for me to get back up to 5,500 favour which is difficult also if you have tips on how to earn favour easily or level up quick so i can play ranked that would be a great help thank you

xXMitchDQXx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by krymzin » September 19, 2015 3:34am | Report
Honestly man, just buy the god pack. It seems like it's super expensive and of course it is pretty pricey at 30 bucks. But if you buy it, it makes the game a lot more open because you actually WANT to try all the characters. I never wanted to play chronos because I didn't wanna spend the favor, but he's actually super fun. But if you don't want to go out and buy a the god pack, what i would do is pay attention to what gods you play against and look like they'd be fun and watch some youtube videos or streams of people playing them, and read a guide or 2 on them. A quick way to get favor is just to take advantage of the daily win bonus and try playing joust gets pretty quick favor.

krymzin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 19, 2015 5:41am | Report
I'm partly going to say the getting favour is difficult is so wrong it's really easy. You got the log in bonus which gives you some 1250 favour a week

and then we have the first win bonus which is 100 per game mode meaning 500 favour a day. and this is at least as the favour from the game time adds up onto this. meaning from winning all first wins you can gain enough favour within 7 days if we add the first win of all matches (which with the match itself is around 150 favour average) and partly the log in bonus you can easily reach it in 5 days. And this is if you only play and win every game mode once a day (aka no losses)

compared with LoL (as in dota they are all free) this is a lot quicker as LoL doesn't give a log in bonus and only 1 first win of the day of 100 Ip (I think) which only happens once in the 22 hours. And then you only get around 50 Ip avarage per match. and with champions costing a good 6300 it takes a long time.

my recommendation would also be to buy the god pack then you have all gods and never need to worry about them. or participating in the double weekends.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 20, 2015 11:40am | Report
Although buying the ultimate god pack is honestly a good deal (paying to unlock all champions in League of Legends, for example, would require waaaaaaaay more money), I do feel it is pretty easy to play this game for free if spending money is not an option for you (considering the rewards gained for logging in, leveling and getting the daily first win bonus in different game modes).

As far as finding Gods to play is concerned, I personally started by finding one God per role/class to play, simply by reading ability descriptions and renting a God for one day if I wasn't entirely sure yet whether I'd enjoy playing them. Watching gameplay of others would obviously also help to give you an idea of how the God works.

Finally, I wouldn't advise you to dive straight into league matches (ranked) at level 30 unless you have MOBA experience, simply because there's probably plenty you can still learn at that point. Keep in mind that you also need to have 16 Gods at mastery level 1 to be able to play it in the first place.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 20, 2015 12:31pm | Report
Aside from recommending the godpack as others have done (which I will do as well), in answer to your question: Free rotation. Every new free rotation, try playing as each of those gods. Find one that you really like and play them a lot that week. Once you know you like that god, buy them. This was my overall strategy when getting new gods (except for Artemis since she cost much less favor and Poseidon since he just looked really interesting to me at the time).

Eventually though, I was finding gods I liked playing in the free rotation faster than I was earning favor to purchase them, at which point I was like "screw it" and got the god pack.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 20, 2015 1:14pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

simply by reading ability descriptions and renting a God for one day if I wasn't entirely sure yet whether I'd enjoy playing them.

You can also play all gods for free to look at how the abilities work (and try other things) if you can't make it up of the ability's description.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 20, 2015 1:49pm | Report
Oh, then why is renting a thing? :S

And how does that work, can you pick whatever you want in a custom game or something like that?

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 20, 2015 1:52pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Oh, then why is renting a thing? :S

And how does that work, can you pick whatever you want in a custom game or something like that?

renting is a thing if you want to play a real match with that god as jungle practise shouldn't be compared to a real match.

as jungle practise just gives you one of each camps (including fg gf) a place with a creep wave and a place where you can find an enemy ra.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }