Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do I do with reporting/being reported?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What do I do with reporting/being reported? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TeenyBOP » June 19, 2016 5:42pm | Report
Hello,

I've been playing Smite for about 2 months now on and off.
And I'll admit I'm not very good but I want to get better. I'm only level 12.
My concern is, because I'm not very good I get highly competitive people yelling and cursing at me in chat every time I make a wrong move or die. Especially when I'm trying to learn a new character. (This is in normal matches and bots)

It doesn't matter to them if I say beforehand if I'm new or not. They threaten to report me for feeding and/or just being a noob. These people are incredibly toxic and I have reported them.

But I want to know if they see that you specifically reported them. And if you are the one getting reported how do you know? Do you get a notification or an email?

I just want to play the game and have fun, I don't intend to do rank if I get to level 30.
I appreciate the advice! Thank you!

TeenyBOP

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 19, 2016 7:38pm | Report
You're supposed to get one when action has being taken against the person but I've never personally got one. I think it is a notification in-game, email would just be too much work.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 19, 2016 11:31pm | Report
They don't know if you report them. My advice is to mute, block and if need be report players that are being toxic. From my experience the more you play the less you encounter (I very rarely encounter someone truly toxic).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 21, 2016 3:18am | Report
It are only threats. And in most cases being reported for noob stuff doesn't do anything as it isn't trolling and stuff.
Just don't worry about them not every player can be a pro while being lvl 12 (The people who are are SMurfs DAMN smurfs)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }