Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Somewhat Decent Player needs Conquest Meta Explanation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Somewhat Decent Player needs Conquest Meta Explanation 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Norsepordegy » December 2, 2015 11:07pm | Report
Okay, so I usually prefer the 2-1-1 approach with the jungler. With the support and adc on long, Mage in mid, and solo in short, I am also aware of the 2-1-2 approach, but I have taken a break so I have no idea what people play any more. Can I get some other positioning tips please.

Norsepordegy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 2, 2015 11:29pm | Report
2-1-2 is pretty much dead. The jungler does spend a good chunk of their early game in the mid lane now, generally grabbing mid camps and back camps with the mid laner in-between waves. Supports tend to rotate a fair amount as well rather than being stationary in lane unless your ADC is a hypercarry that needs protection like Artemis or you're a support that's designed to win lane and lacks mobility like Sylvanus.

Not sure what else to cover in general positioning tips aside from that.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 3, 2015 2:52am | Report
and the reason the 2-1-1-1 has a duo lane on the gold fury side is because that is the early game objective and makes it easier to contest.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Norsepordegy » December 6, 2015 10:28pm | Report
So is the jungle supposed to help solo at all then? Besides the occasional gank of corse.

Norsepordegy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Norsepordegy » December 6, 2015 10:30pm | Report
And why do I see mages in solo lane? Why is the meta so weird... It's not that complicated I think it's just dumb people that make it hard...

Norsepordegy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 6, 2015 10:38pm | Report
Jungle should help the solo lane when it can, usually once it's done after doing the stuff mentioned in mid (also depends on what two gods are in the solo lane, if there's a late game carry there you should camp the lane, if there's a Sun Wukong or someone harder to kill, it's usually less desirable). The ideal time to gank solo is if the enemy solo laner is pushing hard into your tower, or if they're notably low.

Pretty much every class of god can do well in the solo lane, the only requirements are sustain, waveclear and the ability to survive the lane. This allows strong late game gods like mage healers (eg: Ra, Aphrodite, Chang'e, Hel) or late game carries like Chronos, Freya and even some hunters like Ullr to stay in this lane and farm until they're useful. Alternatively you can put a Warrior there that has good lane control as well as a kit that's useful late game, or even another Guardian there with good lane clear like Athena, Xing Tian or Sobek where they can build to be a bruiser and be a menace late game. Finally, there are also a few assassins that can do well in solo like Bakasura, Loki and Bastet among others that can often dominate the lane and push towers extremely fast.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 7, 2015 1:15am | Report
Solo lane is the most fun role as it's possible to play every character there (successfully depends on matchups) as normally the lane ends up in a 1v1 most of the time (as normally the lane is considered warded making it hard to gank.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 7, 2015 1:22am | Report
I'd still say that playing Sylvanus solo and succeeding would be quite a feat.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Norsepordegy » December 7, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Those are the people that I don't understand though. Why would you play someone like him in that lane?

Norsepordegy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 7, 2015 4:38pm | Report
Fun.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }