Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rotating help?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Rotating help? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2014 12:07am | Report
Well I'm not super new to smite and I now what rotation means, but normally (depending on role) I don't rotate that much.

Solo:
I only start leaving the lane when (enemy) first tower is destroyed or I see that the other solo laner is somewhere else.

Mid:
Well almost no rotation (or leaving in general) I'm only away to heal or if the other mid is gone (to heal killed etc)

Support:
Well almost no rotating except following their support mostly (or adc sometimes) (the support mostly doesn't rotate in my matches (its rare))

adc:
mostly in staying in duo unless both the support and adc decide to show op in mid

Jungler:
are there even rotations for this?

So if you guys/girls can give me some advise on my rotating that would be great. Already thanks in advance

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 28, 2014 3:10am | Report
Solo Lane:
Usually, they don't rotate that much until the enemy tower is down, like you've mentioned, but, you can always rotate if there's a team fight near you (in your side of the jungle, or, if you went to base and there's a team fight anywhere, you should join unless it's about to end). Another thing you can do is if you have cleared your wave quickly and have quite some time until the next wave arrives (you can know that by looking at your minion wave and estimate where the enemy minion wave is, - it's about the same place), you can rotate to the mid lane or any place in your part of the jungle. Going to the duo lane / gold fury is kind of a waste of time, but if you are a god with high mobility (like Apollo, Mercury, Janus, Chronos etc.) it might be useful.

Mid Lane:
From there you can rotate to anywhere in the map because, well, you are in the middle and anywhere is close. Usually, rotate if there's a fight going on that is worth getting in to and won't end until you'll get there. Also, much like the Solo Lane, if you have cleared your wave very quickly and have much more time until the next wave arrives, you can rotate and gank any lane you want. If you are a good with high mobility, it's even better to do, but if you are as slow as someone like Anubis, pay attention to the rotation. You should also participate in any FG / GF fight unless you are intentionally split-pushing as planned, which isn't so ideal with most mids.

Support:
Rotate a lot. After level 5 or so, or until the first time the Mid Camps respawn, you shouldn't rotate as much as you need the experience. But, after that, you can rotate a lot. Mostly to the mid lane to gank, help pressure, save, steal camps or whatever. You can also rotate to the solo lane if really needed. Of course, that doesn't mean you should never come to the duo lane, but you shouldn't baby sit your ADC either.

ADC:
They rotate the least. They are meant for late game carnage and to carry late game team fights, so they focus mainly on farming. But, any big fight or Gold Fury attempt, or a planned gank on the mid lane if you have cleared wave quickly is welcome. Mostly though, just go for GFs and the occasional early-mid game team fights if they occur during the laning phase. But keep track of your farm. There's a reason why ADCs focus on last hits much more than the mid lane and solo lane.

Jungler:
They rotate the most. Subzero008 wrote an amazing guide on how to jungle, so I'll some up his words. The jungler helps. Of course, don't forget to farm, but here is your priority list:
1) Help lanes. Gank, put pressure by showing presence, help push a tower/wave, or defend a friendly tower.
2) Mid Furies. They are the camp that gives you the most gold and experience out of any camp. They help your mid laner and yourself and support while taking away that experience and gold from the other team.
3) Dropping buffs for your team mates. This usually comes hand in hand with farming.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2014 8:12am | Report
thanks and that of the jungler I didn't call that rotating XD but just jungling but jungling is constant rotating.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 28, 2014 10:22am | Report
Oh, sorry, misunderstood you there.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 29, 2014 6:07pm | Report
Solo and Mid:
If you are winning the lane, just push as fast as you can and rotate the second you have killed the wave. And you do not have to rotate for anything really, just take a walk in the jungle before the next wave comes there.

Just the fact that you leave the lane forces the enemy solo/mid to rotate and lose out on farm if he does or lets you get a gank or W/E you can get out of the rotation. But do not leave for to long ofc. you do not want to lose your tower :P

The worst thing I see is a player staying in his lane when there is nothing to get out of it. Just the fact that you leave the lane puts pressure on all the other lanes and forces them to play differently.

So try to practice on rotating, it is super effective when you are ahead.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 29, 2014 6:10pm | Report
Jungle is just rotate the camps when they are coming up (mid camps and blue for solo are the most important once. Or at least the once you are going to be raged at for not rotating). And you have to rotate if you see a fight somewhere, to hopefully clean it up and get some kills and stuff :)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 29, 2014 6:11pm | Report
Support is just rotate the midcamps and as long as your adc can handle to solo farm just gank everywhere, invade buffs etc :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 30, 2014 1:42am | Report
thanks for clearing it up both of you

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }