Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked trading

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Ranked trading 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 23, 2014 12:23pm | Report
So I just hit level 30 and I always though the 'god trading' in the match lobby went like this.

God 1
God 2
God 3
God 4
God 5

God 1 can trade with 3, 3 with 5. God 2 can trade with 4.
This is probably terribly wrong and I'm just an idiot but I wanted to make sure anyway :)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 23, 2014 12:34pm | Report
Basically, once everyone has selected a god you enter a brief trading phase where you and a teammate can agree to switch gods provided you both have mastery for him/her. So, it doesn't matter what position someone is on the roster.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 23, 2014 2:18pm | Report
Aaaah.... Thanks a lot :D!

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 23, 2014 5:39pm | Report
I've been level 30 for a while now and I am still yet to play ranked because it scares me.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 24, 2014 7:03am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I've been level 30 for a while now and I am still yet to play ranked because it scares me.

Do not be afraid ;)

Most of the players in bronze are worse than the ppl you play with in casuals most likely (at least I get worse players in silver league than I do in casuals) :P

They might be raging cry babies though. (Mute button OP)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 1:04pm | Report

Do not be afraid ;)

Most of the players in bronze are worse than the ppl you play with in casuals most likely (at least I get worse players in silver league than I do in casuals) :P

They might be raging cry babies though. (Mute button OP)

Isn't it harder to win then :3?
I don't really know how to 'handle' ranked. Should I treat it like it's for the super pros and like 'warm up' with a few games? Or could I just jump in? I said to myself to always have 1 hour free before starting ranked, do those games last super long?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 2:23pm | Report

Basically, once everyone has selected a god you enter a brief trading phase where you and a teammate can agree to switch gods provided you both have mastery for him/her. So, it doesn't matter what position someone is on the roster.

So can I only play that god when I have a mastery or only trade (yes I know you should always have a mastery on a god played in ranked but still)?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 25, 2014 11:14am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Isn't it harder to win then :3?
I don't really know how to 'handle' ranked. Should I treat it like it's for the super pros and like 'warm up' with a few games? Or could I just jump in? I said to myself to always have 1 hour free before starting ranked, do those games last super long?

I wouldn't say it is harder to win, but there is less F6 just because the team isn't working (someone is BM and bringing the team down etc). So there is a lot more throws/comebacks when it comes to ranked (at least that is my experience).

In my recent games the league games are from 17 to 35 minutes, but I have played games that are 60+ so never play ranked if you are 100% sure you can play the entire game (but they are not longer than normal games) =)

I'm kind of like you I guess, where I do not want to play ranked unless I feel I'm playing my best (which I have not been lately). But today for example I just thought "screw it" and went 1-0-18 as support without playing the last few days, so I would just tell you to jump into it (even though I do not follow the tip myself). It is still a game, but when you play ranked you are playing to win. Just remember that and you should be good :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 25, 2014 12:47pm | Report

I wouldn't say it is harder to win, but there is less F6 just because the team isn't working (someone is BM and bringing the team down etc). So there is a lot more throws/comebacks when it comes to ranked (at least that is my experience).

In my recent games the league games are from 17 to 35 minutes, but I have played games that are 60+ so never play ranked if you are 100% sure you can play the entire game (but they are not longer than normal games) =)

I'm kind of like you I guess, where I do not want to play ranked unless I feel I'm playing my best (which I have not been lately). But today for example I just thought "screw it" and went 1-0-18 as support without playing the last few days, so I would just tell you to jump into it (even though I do not follow the tip myself). It is still a game, but when you play ranked you are playing to win. Just remember that and you should be good :P

Ok, thanks a lot :D!

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 28, 2014 9:10am | Report
When I play ranked, I usually warm up with a couple games and also with the gods that I think I might play in ranked, as I play arena league alot, so I usually practise geb, kuang, etc.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }