Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Question about Sprint vs Blink in Mid lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Question about Sprint vs Blink in Mid lane 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryalken » May 30, 2015 5:26pm | Report
Hey everyone,

So I've been working on my mid laning a bit lately, and I'm always a little uncertain as to what actives to buy. I mean, beads or aegis, is usually a must have, but as far as the second active goes, it seems like it comes down to pretty much sprint or combat blink. I don't really understand why certain gods would maybe take blink over sprint, or vice versa. If anyone could give me some details and explanations on what I should take, why one over the other, or when to take what, or just anything, it'd be great!

Thanks a lot, it's greatly appreciated.

Ryalken

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 30, 2015 9:18pm | Report
Generally gods with movement can take Greater Sprint or Heavenly Agility because that when paired with movement or solid CC is a very viable escape, and has much less cooldown than Combat Blink. Combat Blink is really for gods with no other means of escaping certain death due to poor movement and CC options.

Eg: Zeus has some movement with his 2, but will typically buy Combat Blink since he has no hard CC and has trouble escaping. Anubis despite having hard CC, only has one and no movement options so he will also often buy Combat Blink.

On the other hand, gods like Poseidon with both a movement speed buff, a knockback and a slow/cripple will typically buy Greater Sprint (this rather than Heavenly Agility since it helps with his Trident and has shorter cooldown). Ra due to his movement speed buff and slow is a popular candidate for Heavenly Agility (increased healing and helps his teammates).

Finally, there are even some gods that will take neither of these options since they have extremely good escapes. An example of this is Scylla, who will often take both Greater Purification and Aegis Pendant.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 31, 2015 8:50am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Heavenly Agility (increased healing and helps his teammates).

I learned something new LOL

on actives you will mostly land on beads and aegis or beads sprint sometimes CB but that is rwally sometimes

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }