Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quality General Guides Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Quality General Guides Thread 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 4, 2014 6:42pm | Report
On the suggestion of the site Admin, this thread is devoted to listing good gameplay general guides and making them easier to reach.

Currently, we have:

An Arena Guide

A Jungling Guide

A Guide to Starting Ranked

A Guide to Supports

These guides are designed to help anyone, from beginning who want to know the basics to advanced dudes who want to learn a bit more. Or at least, in theory.

If there's anything I missed, please let me know.

More General Guidee = Awesome

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 4, 2014 6:54pm | Report
I don't think the author is maintaining the guide anymore, but this guide to the support role is pretty good.

I vote somebody make a guide to Conquest! I'll give them zero gems and an Internet hug, promise!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 4, 2014 6:58pm | Report

I don't think the author is maintaining the guide anymore, but this guide to the support role is pretty good.

I vote somebody make a guide to Conquest! I'll give them zero gems and an Internet hug, promise!

Ah, I knew I forgot something.

I think it'd be easier if people made individual guides on mid, support, solo lane, ADC, etc. The problem, of course, is the clashing categories - do we categorize them on role, god type, or a mix of the two? But it's a cool idea, but there is NO WAY one person can do it alone.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 4, 2014 7:06pm | Report
If this is going to become a legit thing, and someone is willing to fill the role of harrasment officer (I know this is SO hard to accept) I'll continue/finish/whatever my general introduction to smite guide. That'll probably serve well.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 4, 2014 7:14pm | Report
Well, if you say so, RavenRadish.

IF YOU DON'T PUBLISH THAT GENERAL GUIDE BUY THE END OF THE MONTH, I'M GOING TO CALL YOUR YANKEE *** EVERY WINTER FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS WHEN YOU'RE BURIED IN SNOW AND I'M GOING TO TELL YOU HOW AWESOME IT IS TO BE CHILLING ON MY PORCH SWING IN GYM SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 4, 2014 7:18pm | Report
...Turnip control your rash behavior on here please..
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 4, 2014 7:19pm | Report
That'll be enough for me to write like one more paragraph. Thanks, TT.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 4, 2014 7:26pm | Report
@RS: I would've gone size eight if I could! Mwuahaha!

@RR: anytime. I'll get some motivational rants written up ahead of time for whenever you hit a lazy spell writer's block.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 2:24pm | Report

I kind of made one...Don't know if it's a good one though :/

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » May 16, 2014 1:56am | Report
I spent forever looking for this so I could sticky it...turns out it was already stickied LOL that's 5 am for you...

I realize you said this should be for gameplay, but I think we should just have links to all the general guides in one place. I mean, from etiquette to terminology, any guide about a general topic in Smite can improve player skill.

You should add in Firraria's Smite 101 and, as he stated here, Pentatomato's L2BNice guides. Oh, and Daco's Skill Floor/Ceiling article.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }