Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible laning 1v2 and succeed, as melee god?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Possible laning 1v2 and succeed, as melee god? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WhatHaveIDone » January 25, 2016 9:21am | Report
I was wondering if it's even possible to win 1v2 in a lane at all...

I encountered this problem during my coop mode games but I thought it might be an interesting topic as I can imagine real player doing similar things especially if you have weak teammates they can practically ignore. (In case you haven't heard, coop mode bots has gotten better)

Imagine you are playing a short range god like Tyr or Nemesis. You must get somewhat close to the enemy to do damage. Now you are facing 2 opponents in your lane and NO REINFORCEMENT is coming. The enemy wave arrives. 2 enemy gods (because it's coop mode, Guan and Thor) stays behind their brutes and ahead of their archers. When they either encounter you or your minion, they would dish out all their most damaging move instantaneously. If they do this to you, you are dead. If they do this in your minion, either the wave is cleared or at least the brutes are dead and you have no one to stay behind even if you choose to engage. You know their abilities are on cool down but you can't fight them. They still got all their minions to protect them. Even if you manage to survive a few seconds in the fight, you will die once their abilities are off cool down. Also, they are really good at protect one another. I have tried many times to chase one of them down only to have the other one kill me from behind.

I've tried to just ignore the first wave and do the XP camp instead and wait for them to get to the tower. Once in the tower I will try and start farming and hit the minions first. I wasn't able to get any kills as they are really good at protecting one another. Before I know it, I am already 3 level behind both of them as they are clearing wave more effectively than me. Problem would just escalate and I am starting to lose towers. All I can do is wait for teammates to come and save my ***. Maybe spare me a few kills when they are done.

I have no problem with ranged god though. With mages or hunter playing against 2 bots are easy. Even if they manage to kill brutes I still have archer minions to stay behind. If every minions are dead I would retreat to tower. As long as I keep poking with abilities or throwing dagger/golden bow I am fine. When safe I can even be aggressive and get a few kills early game. Eventually I would be the one that is 3, 5 or 7 level ahead of the enemy with all my item fully stacked. 1v2 would be a piece of cake at that point.

Again, the problem I have is with these kind of truly closed range gods. There's no way to do damage and gain experience without putting myself in very dangerous position. What would you do in this situation? What would your starter build be and what would you try to win in this situation? Fist of the gods? Mystic mail? What would you say the minimum number of item you would need to comfortable fight in this situation, note that the more gold you require the more potential that you are already behind your enemy.

WhatHaveIDone

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WhatHaveIDone » January 25, 2016 9:35am | Report
Oh, side question

Can Tyr's Fearless interrupt Thor's Spin to Win and Guan's Taolu ***ult?

I tried and died. So I assume I can't?

WhatHaveIDone

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 25, 2016 10:53am | Report
A 1v2 should be possible however the situation is dark in the beginning and you will need to play pretty passively as trading with them will just and badly. I would even recommend to pick up Mark of the Vanguard for the sustain.

Normally in a 1v2 situation you should farm under tower and try to keep the tower up as long as possible (but don't de for it you will lose in it a lot of cases)

after a while you would have build an lvl advantage. With this advantage you can try to take them on. But in most cases the jungler would need to babysit the lane too and gank when possible as if you are holdign the lane well enough your and the junglers lvl should be higher then theirs.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 25, 2016 11:41am | Report
Berserker Barrage

Taolu Assault

Well the descriptions say that spin2win is immune to knock up, and taolu assault immune to knock back.

Now, Fearless knocks up AND back, so you'd think it would beat both these moves in some way, but from my (very very limited) experience with Tyr it doesn't seem to beat either of them.
I'm sure someone around here could give a clear answer on what beats what, in this situation, and exactly why.

Or maybe we're wrong and it beats both. Idk. I'll try and test it sometime.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WhatHaveIDone » January 28, 2016 10:22am | Report
Devampi wrote:

after a while you would have build an lvl advantage.

That's what I thought too. They are sharing exp but I am solo. However, it doesn't seem to be the case. I am actually finding myself falling behind BOTH of them after a while. I think it is because they are clearing minions more effectively than me. I lose experience when tower kill some of the minions and also when I have to constantly go back to the base to heal. Not to mention times when they manage to kill me.

This is why I suspect that this is a viable tactic in pvp match. Solo laner and jungler with effective wave clear can gang up on opposing solo laner for the first 3~5 minutes or so. This actually would allow both them to out level the opponent.

I think mark of the vanguard is a great suggestion. The downside is, I find myself always falling behind when I build defensive item and unable to clear minions as effectively.

All these problem might be just a skill level issue. Maybe the solution is to just simply get better.

WhatHaveIDone

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WhatHaveIDone » January 28, 2016 10:29am | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

Berserker Barrage

Taolu Assault

Well the descriptions say that spin2win is immune to knock up, and taolu assault immune to knock back.

Now, Fearless knocks up AND back, so you'd think it would beat both these moves in some way, but from my (very very limited) experience with Tyr it doesn't seem to beat either of them.
I'm sure someone around here could give a clear answer on what beats what, in this situation, and exactly why.

Or maybe we're wrong and it beats both. Idk. I'll try and test it sometime.

lol, by looking at your icon I would have thought you are a Tyr main. I think it's settled. You have confirmed that for me. Fearless does not beat either Berserker Barrage or Taolu Assault.

My theory is
Taolu Assault - Tyr have to knock the enemy back in order to knock him up, so knock back immunity saves him.

Berserker Barrage - Maybe Thor actually is immune to knock back when the ability is active and the description need to be updated. Maybe I did knock him back first but not able to knock him up so his attack is not countered as he can still spin.

WhatHaveIDone

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 28, 2016 11:55pm | Report
I think the reason why is because you needed to back to much. And I don't know this for sure but I believe minions hit by tower also give 0.5x exp but not sure about that

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 28, 2016 11:58pm | Report
I just readed that a duo lane doesn't split exp equally but gives both players 75% of the exp it would have given you

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 29, 2016 3:05am | Report

lol, by looking at your icon I would have thought you are a Tyr main.

Nah, I just like sock puppets.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }