Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player looking for suggestions on gods to deep dive on

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player looking for suggestions on gods to deep dive on 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jazer2187 » May 27, 2015 2:00pm | Report
I've been playing the xbox beta. I'm level 9 or so and have mostly been playing hunters/assassins in the free rotation. I got Artemis because she is really cheap. I've really liked Bastet also. So I'm planning on getting her when I have enough favor(really soon). Was wondering if anyone could suggest other gods to learn in a deep dive sense. I prefer to play joust or conquest(as jungle or carry or solo, not very good at any yet). Thantos sounds really cool but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to not miss with his 1/use Agesis like I would need to.

I've only been playing coop so far as I haven't played MOBA before. Will start playing versus soon. Also planning on playing a healthy amount of assault to try a bunch of different gods a little to learn their skills.

Sorry for typos, to lazy to look up how to spell them.

jazer2187

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 27, 2015 2:30pm | Report
What are you looking for? Easy gods? Fun gods? Gods that are really good competitively?

Personally I'd recommend whoever you've enjoyed the most. As long as you play a god long enough, you'll get good with them and learn to land their skillshots. When I started Smite I played Chang'e because she was my favorite in free rotation at the time, and she still remains my favorite since I spent so much time playing with her. However, after that I knew I wanted Poseidon since I'd seen him play in games, thought he was really cool and REALLY wanted to try Release The Kraken!, so I got him as my second god with favor. Even though he wasn't the easiest god for a beginner, I still had a ton of fun with him.

So really, just go for whoever seems cool to you. Play some assault games, see who you like and grab them once you have enough favor ^^
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » May 27, 2015 2:53pm | Report
Ullr is a fun a god (to me at least).

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » May 27, 2015 4:37pm | Report
You should keep Bastet, she is the best Assassin in my opinion, and my favorite physical god.

I recommend, for easy but enjoyable gameplay : Chang'e, like Zilby; Chaac is a safe god to play on solo lane; Athena or Geb for a guardian. They're pretty fun !; Every hunter is a good pick. Ullr] will be a good investiment since he can counter [[Bellona and her Scourge . I personally like Neith, Artemis, Medusa and Xbalanque. But you should try gods like Zeus, Zhong Kui, etc etc. They're not easy, but deadly !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2015 1:25am | Report
Any god is good itás more about the role.

Also I would recommend you to go into PvP soon because being lvl 9 and only co-op is going to hurt you as pvp is a lot more different (I would recommend starting at lvl 5 normally)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » May 28, 2015 6:37am | Report
Devampi is right.

Don't make the same mistake as I did.
I played Coop games until level 30.

When I realized HiRez would never increased their bot AI, I had to move to PvP.
That was painful.

Even if you are level 9, don't worry. You will be playing with and against low level players as well.
It's the best time to learn to aim skillshots, positioning and avoid enemy skills against player.

You will do mistake, but so they will. So try to learn from both your and their mistakes.

That way, when you'll be level 30, you will be ready.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jazer2187 » May 28, 2015 9:50am | Report
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start PvP soon. Ullr looks interesting. And then I should try a guardian, probably Athena.

jazer2187

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by psweeney1990 » May 29, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Ullr is good, but be sure to research his builds and how to play them. Because his Ult doesn't do direct damage, and is instead a swap from ranged to melee, its good to make sure you practice using his abilities in proper rotation, and know how your items effect each of those abilities. He's a great Duo lane, but a poor solo. He's the god I play the most often, and even I have lost a few games due to poor planning.

Medusa is a great hunter god, and with a good crit build, she can be pretty decent if you get stuck solo with a ****py team. However, you need to be careful with her abilities. She does strong damage against individual opponents, so she's great for aim practice.

If you want to go Guardian, I love Ymir, because his stuns and survivability can pay off great late game with team fights.

Warriors, I love Tyr, and he is easy to learn, but I know he's 50/50 with people.

Neith is easy to learn and can do some mighty damage, but from what I understand she can be kinda weak early game.

Cupid is weak damage wise, but his hearts give him high sustain

Fenrir is a great jungler, and he is easy to learn. He has high mobility, and if you mix that with a high damage build, you can be great at ganks (coming up behind enemies engaged in a team fight).

My friend likes Thanatos, but says he's a little tough to learn if you are new to MOBA's, so I wouldn't recommend him until you have a better hold on some of the easier gods.

psweeney1990

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }