Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 8, 2014 2:21pm | Report
rkr87 wrote:

Not at all, for me atleast. I kept going back to Neith purely because it's easier to rack up kills with her as a beginner than it is on any of the other starting gods. Also as a new player you tend to put a higher priority on getting kills than anything else until you fully understand the objectives (Which is why you see loads of idiotic tower dives in the lower levels of play).

A god that's easy to get kills on is always going to attact new players that want to get kills over a god that's more difficult to get kills on.

Except for the fact that there are plenty of better kill***** gods out there, like Arachne or Fenrir they could pick instead.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 8, 2014 2:42pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Except for the fact that there are plenty of better kill***** gods out there, like Arachne or Fenrir they could pick instead.

But they reccquire skill. Do you think it's easy to land a good Pull of Arachne as a new player? Fenrir is ''easy'' too, but the player will ocasionally miss some Brutalizes here and there.

Neith is easy. In all sections.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 8, 2014 9:23pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

But they reccquire skill. Do you think it's easy to land a good Pull of Arachne as a new player? Fenrir is ''easy'' too, but the player will ocasionally miss some Brutalizes here and there.

Neith is easy. In all sections.

The only thing easy about Neith is Backflip and World Weaver. True story. I used to be terribad with her, I thought she was awful. That was when I first started playing at all. So, no, a new player can't just pick up Neith and suddenly become superproownpentakill*****. The easiest gods to play in the game are mages, I'd have to say. Ao Kuang in particular, I think he could be the quintessential "new player god".

No ADC is overly easy simply because they all require very specific positioning and skillshot to even do well at all with, things you can't typically do right from the start.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rkr87 » January 9, 2014 5:28am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Granted Fenrir is an easy god, I wouldn't say Arachne is in the same league - but in any case - those aren't free account gods.

And specifically when starting out, it is incredibly easy to become a kill machine on Neith - it may have been that I wasn't as inept as the other beginners I was playing with but between account levels 1-10 I was melting faces using Neith with 0 MOBA experience before Smite, I guess some stuff may have carried over from the other games I played such as aiming from FPS and understanding how to correctly use CC from WoW but other than that I was a blank slate.
Pentas:
Bakasura x2

rkr87

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 17, 2014 8:31am | Report
I can name few tough to play gods though(for new players): nezha, bakasura, Hel, Thanatos..having said tha there are 3 key points for new players:

1. Play all the gods as u must know the skills of ur enemy in a game, then try to pick the gods u like more and comfortable with.

2. Stick for a few games with the god u like most.

3. Always good idea to practice gods before going into the actual game.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 20, 2014 9:38am | Report
Why is the mentality 'pick the easiest God/Goddess'? For me, in any game, it's always been to pick whoever interests me the most/like the best. If you're playing with a character you like, you'll have much more interest in learning the game, in my opinion.

I started playing a week or two ago. Started Artemis because she was on the free rotation, then bought the God Pack and moved to Neith. I love archers so that's the reason for my choice. Recently been playing with a couple of other Gods though; Aphrodite, Nu Wa, bit of really bad Fenrir. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }