Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 6, 2014 3:17pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I see the enemy playing Neith all the time. No reason you shouldn't also give yourself that option. After all, if she's that easy to play and the enemy is just bad, then you'll always win anyways.

If you keep playing Neith, and no other god, then you won't have the skill to play the others. Just saying, so he doesn't get to Level 20~30 only playing Neith, and no other gods. Then he tries another one, sucks, and decides to play Neith again.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 6, 2014 9:39pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

If you keep playing Neith, and no other god, then you won't have the skill to play the others. Just saying, so he doesn't get to Level 20~30 only playing Neith, and no other gods. Then he tries another one, sucks, and decides to play Neith again.

I honestly don't know anyone who's only played one single god all the time. You have to get 12 mastery to begin with for league, and most people accrue far more than that before 30. And if they don't want to do league and play only Neith, then it doesn't matter, because it won't hurt anyone's stats and also means he'll just be another pubstomp Neith.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rkr87 » January 7, 2014 4:59am | Report
I made the mistake of only playing Neith when I first started! I chose her for my very first game purely because she's the tutorial god then got stuck on her, I obviously tried other gods and never did as well on them as I did on Neith which kept making me go back to her :/ I regretted it for a long time when I was around level 20 and only had 3 gods mastered haha!

If there's anything I can recommend, it's to stay away from Neith! If I was starting again I think Ra and Guan Yu would be the best options for a beginner - Neith should be removed from the free account gods and replaced with a different adc - probably Apollo or Anhur.
Pentas:
Bakasura x2

rkr87

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 7, 2014 5:15am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I honestly don't know anyone who's only played one single god all the time. You have to get 12 mastery to begin with for league, and most people accrue far more than that before 30. And if they don't want to do league and play only Neith, then it doesn't matter, because it won't hurt anyone's stats and also means he'll just be another pubstomp Neith.

See the guy above.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 7, 2014 7:52am | Report
Ya. Neith kinda needs a nerf or two. Like make her ult more like Gyro's W in DotA 2 - potentially avoidable, and able to be shot down.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 7, 2014 8:04am | Report
Whoa, hellow, Neith is like one of the weaker carry from tje trinity of ADC ( Anhur, Apollo, Neith)

The good things about her is her escape, heal and ult. She has no real disable and no steroid. From other caaries, she is the worst 1vs1

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 7, 2014 12:50pm | Report
Well, if you only play Neith and keep going back to her, chances are that if you start on a different god you'll do the same exact thing.. And it'll be the same situation, just a different god. I'd chalk that up to the player and not the god making people get stuck on it. So, either way, they'd be playing the same thing and not getting much better. And, like I said, they probably won't make it into league to hurt anyone anyways.

When I first started, I rented gods a lot because I honestly hated the starting selection. Xbalanque was the first god I really liked and then somehow I ended up playing jungle mainly with Bakasura because he's too stronk. Just play around and do what you want. Play Neith if you want to, as long as you're not throwing off your team's balance or composition. And since you won't always get to ADC, then figure out what other gods you prefer when you can't. It's that simple.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 8, 2014 4:47am | Report
Regarding Neith being a bad first pick + OP's question
Play Neith, especially if she's the easiest god. You just downloaded SMITE, before even thinking about learning the gods you need to learn the game. Get acquainted with the way it responses, they way skills work, etcetera. After this learn the map and the value of positioning in the map (short, middle and long lane) including the buffs.

This is all the lowest layer knowledge. Once you understand the game you can start learning it's building blocks, the gods. At this point, pick gods other than Neith to broaden your knowledge. But don't be afraid of picking just Neith until you realize what kind of game you are playing and what the game's restrictions and rules are.

Sure Neith might make you lazy and lacking of certain skills once you know SMITE. But you will realize this only when you can actually understand and play the game, at said point you can also realize that you need a broader god experience. But if you just installed the game and have no knowledge on MOBA's, learning the gods is secundary, not primary.

Also, Neith learns you some of the basic things, foremost being map awareness, you'll need that to utilize your ultimate. Secondly are the weaves, these are situationals and variables. You might also learn not to burn your escapes and the neccesity of hitting your skills (considering her low AA).

Regarding Neith needing nerfs
If anything her ultimate could be a little bit slower, so it's easier to time your Aegis when your near a jungle wall. She doesn't seem that much more OP than the others in the ADC trinity, I don't get the extreme distaste. Sure, her ultimate can be enfuriating. But so can Apollo's ult and Anhur's pillar-stun love.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rkr87 » January 8, 2014 5:21am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Well, if you only play Neith and keep going back to her, chances are that if you start on a different god you'll do the same exact thing.. And it'll be the same situation, just a different god. I'd chalk that up to the player and not the god making people get stuck on it.

Not at all, for me atleast. I kept going back to Neith purely because it's easier to rack up kills with her as a beginner than it is on any of the other starting gods. Also as a new player you tend to put a higher priority on getting kills than anything else until you fully understand the objectives (Which is why you see loads of idiotic tower dives in the lower levels of play).

A god that's easy to get kills on is always going to attact new players that want to get kills over a god that's more difficult to get kills on.
Pentas:
Bakasura x2

rkr87

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 8, 2014 5:42am | Report
rkr87 wrote:

Not at all, for me atleast. I kept going back to Neith purely because it's easier to rack up kills with her as a beginner than it is on any of the other starting gods. Also as a new player you tend to put a higher priority on getting kills than anything else until you fully understand the objectives (Which is why you see loads of idiotic tower dives in the lower levels of play).

A god that's easy to get kills on is always going to attact new players that want to get kills over a god that's more difficult to get kills on.

Which is a great thing, from both the company's standpoint and the player's standpoint. Going to refer to my above made post for clarification. But to add to it; if the drive for the new player is to get kills, and he can get kills with the god he likes playing most, he'll be happy. A happy player is a customer more likely to invest more time (and potentially, money) into the game.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }