Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kinda fk'ed up!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Kinda fk'ed up! 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whizzy » November 12, 2012 10:47am | Report
Hey guys! Maybe u can gimme some advices which I'd need.
I've played LoL for over 3 years now I'm a natural mid-laner / mage-player.
I do know that smite is a different game and therefore I have to adept new methods of playing. But I'm kinda screwed and dunno why...I'm now Lvl 20, playing for about 2 weeks. I've played all gods so far and my most played one is Ra atm, playing like 50 games with him in a row now. I usally run my games like 8+/1 k/d which isn't this bad for a beginner.
But yet I'm losing EVERY mid in EVERY game. I get pushed so fkin hard, I get outdmged, outharrassed and I'm oom everytime my enemy get meditate and I dont. I tried a lot of starting items and still get my butt kicked in every game. I dont feed in mid coz I'm hugging every time at my turret and net the kills later in the game.

I kinda get the feeling that u having big troubles if u're playing less aggressive early on but my playstyle is rather more safe and passive early on. I saw many good players streaming pushing their mid 24/7 and winning lanes like this very easy but when I try I get, like said before, counterpushed SO hard that I run oom or I get myself killed kinda. When facing Meditate I lose my tower everytime when I didnt packed it but I think that meditate is a waste of an ability (just my point of view).

Maybe I shud start playing sidelanes until I get better or shud stick to another easy to play god (kinda feel dat Ra is more "difficult", though I snipe 8 out of 10 people when trying :D

Whizzy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » November 12, 2012 11:50am | Report
You could/should imho try opening with lvl 2 chronos pendant I found it to be the best item for me on ra mid as it gives so much mana regen that you can pretty nuch sustain as long as you desire also at lvl 3 the CDR is just amazing on ra. You could always try easier mid gods like anhur/agni maybe anubis if you feel lucky :D also you should always start with lvl 1 solar blessing it helps you push early on I have played many many games on Ra and if you got any more questions you can feel free to pm me I'll be happy to help

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whizzy » November 12, 2012 1:06pm | Report
Hmmm...I could try it that way. I usally start Solar Blessing and got outpushed by someone playing Ra who started Celestial Beam on Lvl 1...I usally get outpushed every time and I dunno why.
I lost in mid already vs another Ra, Freya, Thor, Hel (god, even pre-lvl 5), Anhur, Ao Kuang.
I only kinda scored an even laning vs Anubis and He Bo so far and this was only coz they weren't good.
I usally lose about 50 % HP of my tower before I even have a chance on pushing back. Sometimes I net a kill and then simply start snowballing. I'm a good snowballer. When I got an early gold advantage so far I carried almost every game by myself (with split pushing, ganking and simply trying to 1v1 most of em) but in the very early game I kinda suck.

Whizzy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » November 12, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Well we could always joust without jungling and I could try to analize your playstyle of Ra and give you better advise because I really can't help you much without seeing how you play mid and joust is pretty much the same as playing mid so if you are interested add me ign: LevasK

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 12, 2012 1:46pm | Report
2 pots, level 2 Spear of the Magus
One skill per wave of creeps as Ra and you stand behind you melee creeps in the middle of the wave and auto attack after your 1. Once you are out of pots, if done right youll either have a kill or pushed them to the tower allowing you to back. Pick up more pots boots and return to win the lane.

As always Im always around to do 1v1s to see what you are doing wrong.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 10, 2013 2:22pm | Report
All the above posters have given you solid advice. However, they have missed the one primo item you need to push mid early. You always want to start the game with a Vampiric Shroud. This should be the FIRST item of any mage that wishes to play mid. Every minion kill heals you 10 and returns 10 mana. This doesn't sound like much but it really adds up. I play mages mid all the time. This item is a game changer. Use your best aoe attack and just hose the minions every wave. I practically ignore/avoid the other player as I steadily push the action closer and closer to his tower. This works so well you have to be wary of ganks, hehe. But being too good in a position is a problem we all should have. Give it a try and GL friend!

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 10, 2013 2:29pm | Report
look at the post date....

Vampiric Shroud wasn't even in the game back then like it is now....
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 10, 2013 2:35pm | Report
Necro dees threads!

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 10, 2013 4:05pm | Report
Necroing is bad.

And you should feel bad.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » April 13, 2013 2:36am | Report
highvolts-Trust me if there was such an item like the current Shroud we would have told him about (Vampiric Shroud was in the game at that time but it was a trash item).

P.s. Try to avoid necro thread bumps in the future always check the date.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }