Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to handle Gods that out range you?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to handle Gods that out range you? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talis » August 1, 2013 1:47am | Report
My favorite God is Freya, but her lack of escape is killing me. Against Anubis, Zeus, and etc. If I just keep poking them with only Pulse eventually i'm going to run out of mana, and I continuously get pushed back and back. Against Anubis same thing, except i get push back easier thanks to his ground AOE.

With Zeus it feels like his Auto-attack is father than my pulse, plus the face that I try to look out for it, but get caught hitting him when he pops his shield, and then of course get nuked because Pulse procs his overcharge.

Is Freya just F'ed against them, or do I need build a certain way? Any tips would be welcomed.

Talis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 1, 2013 2:46am | Report
First off, if you aren't building mage freya, you're going to have a very rough time. That's the build freya does best with at this moment.

Second, you should never use just pulse for burst. Pulse can be activated alongside Irradiate for sick dual burst. You only lose the slow and AoE - which isn't much of a problem 1v1.

Third, if you can, land a banish on them before you engage. Then, while they are in the air, run up to them and position yourself for your 1+2 combo. This works better late game as you have burst - early game your damage is meh at best. They may outrange you, but if you banish them, you have ample time to catch up, and poking them with pulse/irradiate combo will get them killed before you run out of mana.

My general build on freya goes as follows: Boots of the Magi, Rod of Tahuti, Bancroft's Talon, Polynomicon, Demonic Grip. The 5th item can be any of the following: Obsidian Shard for Magic Penetration; Gem of Binding for slowing even with the combo removing its own slow; Fatalis for faster movement speed, auto attacks, and no backpedal penalty; Voidstone for both penetration and magic protection, or finally Chronos' Pendant if you want CDR.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talis » August 1, 2013 3:11am | Report
Thanks for the response I'll work on incorporating all you said.

Talis

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }