Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How should I beat tank? (Geb, Ares)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How should I beat tank? (Geb, Ares) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iGodOfFight » July 10, 2014 10:31am | Report
Hello,

Listen I have really big problem.

I'm playing Smite for 3 days now, I think I am pretty good at it but I have one problem.

I have no idea how to face and beat tank (gaurdien).

pricicular Geb and Ares.

I just don't know what to do again's this 2.
I barley doing any damage to them.
And ares every time pull me over with his chain (how the **** am I suppose to defend it btw?)
And geb every time block my attacks and I don't have any idea what to do, it's like my hits don't do any damage.

And I'm using Anhur, Poseidon, Thor.
With all of them I have the same problem.

iGodOfFight

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 10, 2014 10:47am | Report
Purification Beads / Improved Purification / Greater Purification remove all CC (crowd control) and makes you immune to them. Crown Control is everything that limits/disables you, like slows, mesmerises, taunts, stuns, banishes, fears, silences etc. So once Ares ults you, use it and you won't be pulled.

Tanks (guardians) usually build defensive items - protection items. There is physical protection (items like Sovereignty or Breastplate of Valor) and there is magical protection (items like Void Stone or Bulwark of Hope. Protections reduce the amount of damage you take from the type of attack (physical or magical) that you take.

Protection is countered by penetration. Penetration ignores a certain amount of a target's protection and allows you to deal more damage to them.

There are two kinds of penetration: Flat and percentage (%) based.
Flat penetration is straight forward - if you have 15 physical penetration, all of your attacks ignore 15 physical protection.
% penetration ignores a percentage of the target's protection. So if you have 33% penetration, you ignore 33% of the target's magical protection.

For example, let's say there's an Ares with Pestilence, and he has 150 magical protection. You are an Ao Kuang with Shoes of the Magi and Obsidian Shard, so you have 15 flat penetration and 33% penetration.
33% of 150 is 50. Couple that with the flat 15 penetration and you ignore 65 of Ares' magical protection.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 10, 2014 10:49am | Report
Against ares get beads or anything else that can stop his hard cc ult. His ult is one of the weakest in the game when you know how to counter it.

Im going to guess that when you say "blocks all of my attacks" you mean when he puts a shield around him. That is one of his abilities which cant really be stopt, he basicly puts a temporary amount of HP on himself or his allies which also removes any cc effects. The best thing to do against him is not attacking him what so ever and focusing your attacks on squishier gods, that goes for most guardians.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » July 10, 2014 3:47pm | Report
I'm going to add something to Jordenito's response.

When using Purification Beads. You need to know that Ares' ult takes 2.5 seconds to pull and that rank 1 beads only give 1 second of immunity and rank 2 only 2 seconds. So if you don't have rank 3 beads, you must time it correctly. Try counting to 2, or to 1 if you have rank 2 beads, but it is recommended to have rank 3 beads as early as you can get them.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 10, 2014 4:10pm | Report
You usually can hear when the timer is over, the sound builds up to it.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by amoretpax199 » July 10, 2014 8:58pm | Report
Get 'Aegis Pendant' for Ares and I don't know about Geb.
Spoiler: Click to view

amoretpax199

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 10, 2014 11:27pm | Report
you don't need to fear a lot of damage from guardians because they are so focused on health and defense they will barely do damage. where you need to focus on is that they have a lot of cc.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 10, 2014 11:31pm | Report
Ares does do a lot of damage. To counter his ult (where he pulls you with a massive chain) buy Purification Beads and upgrade them to Greater Purificatiion as soon as possible.

You shouldn't focus Ares and Geb though, since they are very hard to kill.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chyox » July 26, 2014 2:52pm | Report
Just avoid Geb's knock up and use either Purification Beads or Aegis Amulet to counter Ares ult. You kinda wanna time it correctly

Chyox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }