Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do I help new players that just insult me?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How do I help new players that just insult me? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 28, 2014 12:36pm | Report
Well after the update with the initial item changes, they made it so if you are a magical god, you can't see any physical items at all and vice versa.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wafflebob » May 28, 2014 10:36pm | Report
Heartwire wrote:

Meditation can be nice early game.
Issue is, you can't sell actives ones purchased.
Since you can only equip 2, they are usually spend better on other things.
However, the opinions on meditation are divided.
And it also depends on the game mode.
For example; in Assault, pretty much everyone grabs it for the heal from what i've seen.
But in Arena, I barely ever see it used.
Since the base is close, you can just run back for a few seconds, and come back with full mana and hp.
As for conquest, I honestly have no clue since I don't play that.
But pretty much everyone else here does.

As for helping people, I usually send them a whisper instead of using the public chat.
Just seems to be a better idea.
But a lot of times, despite my best efforts, people neglect it and either rage at me or ignore me.

There are people that do take advice though.
Example:
I played 2 rounds with the same Poseidon in arena yesterday.
The first time I noticed he did not use Gem of Isolation
When I encountered him on a second game as my team-mate, I whispered him, I suggested for him to pick it up because of the slow, and makes his whirlpool almost inescapable without actives (most jumps are blocked too)
He took the advice, and thanked me for the "great tip" and "That it does indeed help a ton!"
It got him to land his Ulti a few times dead-center (Inner part of Poseidons ulti does more dmg)

So there are some that take advice, but from experience, the majority simply does not.
And I always make sure my tone is helpful and nice, and not like a jackass that goes "omg u suxx0r u ned THIS ITEM! cause I say so!!!"
I give them a reason as to why it would be helpful.
It just gets discouraging when you do bother to type out an entire explanation and you just blatantly get told off.
But I keep trying =)

Super cool advice here. I can see why meditation wouldn't rock later on. And I didn't know you couldn't sell it. I also didn't know about Gem of Isolation. That's could be SUUUUPER useful for some builds i'm working on.
Good that you are being nice and helpful. Seems kind of odd that so many would still be jerks. But then this style of game tends to foster it IMO. I'm actually pretty impressed with reactions on these forums so far. No hostility at ALL to my newb questions and awkward newb stories!

Wafflebob

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 29, 2014 1:31am | Report
Wafflebob wrote:

Super cool advice here. I can see why meditation wouldn't rock later on. And I didn't know you couldn't sell it. I also didn't know about Gem of Isolation. That's could be SUUUUPER useful for some builds i'm working on.
Good that you are being nice and helpful. Seems kind of odd that so many would still be jerks. But then this style of game tends to foster it IMO. I'm actually pretty impressed with reactions on these forums so far. No hostility at ALL to my newb questions and awkward newb stories!

Mostly because the part that are jerks on smite are part of the toxic player base.

There's this website for

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » May 29, 2014 3:24am | Report
Honestly, if meditation scaled better late game. I'd pick it up on a lot of gods.

At one point when they added the 3tier active system Meditation was considered OP! haha. Believe it. at rank 3 it almost full healed you, not to mention mana and mana regen..

As for it's current state. Levels 1-8 it's a solid pick on most gods. But later it seems 2 active slots aren't even enough, and mana is hardly an issue. Not to mention t3 meds heal is garbage now.

Just keep a couple pots, and use mana a tad more sparingly.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 29, 2014 3:38am | Report
Ergh, Mowen, admins, and mods really needs to archive the old guides (physical ymir, etc)

Anyway, talking about meditation, it should only be used in assault or maybe solo joust. Why? It's pretty obvious that in arena you can easily go back to base. In conquest there are many pros and cons but the pros are not enough to beats the cons. Below is the explanation

Early game, meditation might be the best item to have in lane. BUT, it cannot be sold. That is the only problem that makes med weak (making it able to be sold will make it broken). Why? Other actives are much more useful than med. Being cced? But purification beads. Being chased? Buy sprint. Being bursted? Buy aegis. Being trapped? By combat blink.

"But meditation healed me and i always run out of mana"

The heal from meditation is mostly not enoguh to heal you back to survive. If you keep running out of mana, you are not using your skill as effective as you should amd you must keep leaening to keep it. If you can't stand it but some mp5 item, the provide more stats. If you keep running out of mana late game buy mana items (transcendence for physical and book of thoth for magical)

Those are the reason why med isn't good. If you have more questions, just ask us, even if how stupid the question is. Don't worry we don't bite. (Maybe a little :D)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }