Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

First God

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » First God 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CanisPanther » August 24, 2014 11:44pm | Report
Hello,
Name is CanisPanther and I'm familiar with MOBAs, just new to SMITE. I just got enough to get my first God and wanted some help picking. In LoL, my mains were Moakai, Rumble, MANtheon, Anubis, Urgot, Kayle, and Heimerdinger if that helps at all. I prefer to be a tank and/or bruiser so I'd like a fairly flexible God in that regard. I have no qualm whether duo, solo, or if I have to learn to jungle. I just want a God I can really invest in and fill a couple spots with. Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you for taking the time.

CanisPanther

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 25, 2014 5:07am | Report
for a multiple role god I would suggest one of the warrior's. because they can solo support or jungle (not all).

otherwise I would take a mage. depending on which mage you can go solo mid or support

assassins are mostly jungle but some can be played mid very well or adc

gaurdian is not the lowest because you got hades and some others here hades is really good as glass canon mage in solo or mid. some other warrior's like ymir can be really good jungles

hunter is last because they mostly are adc. they can play jungle but then you need to have one with a good clear early game. some can also be good on mid or solo but I won't recommend it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 25, 2014 5:57am | Report
Herc just comes to mind for me.

He is a top tier solo, and a decent jungle and support.

And he is Hercules! Hercules!
That's as far from a scrawny little ADC you can get ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » August 25, 2014 7:11am | Report

Herc just comes to mind for me.

Chaac's still a good choice too, i think, and his skill floor is (probably) lower than herc.

If you want to go mage, Ao Kuang is the way to go. You can probably check out Hades as well.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 25, 2014 8:41am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Chaac's still a good choice too, i think, and his skill floor is (probably) lower than herc.

If you want to go mage, Ao Kuang is the way to go. You can probably check out Hades as well.

chaac is more difficult to play IMO (trust me I play a lot of Chaac). he has some small things where you need to care about (e.g. don't 2 when you want to hit people around you when your axe is somewhere else. or always have your 1 out (and close enough) when you ult.)

maybe the skill floor is low but the ceiling is pretty high and it's easy to screw things up with him (I don't use autcast on him because you will be screwt easier)

herc has less risk and I think his skill floor is on the same place mostly or maybe a little bit under or above. But you can't screw thing so much up with herc as with chaac (no skill before ult or skill that can screw up when another 1 is out etc)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 25, 2014 9:40am | Report
Like others said I think Hercules or Chaac are both a good first pick. I do think Chaac is a easier first god simply because his abilities are easier to land than Herc's (they're aren't all that hard either but some people have a problem with his 2). Also Chaac is a strong and safe pick for the roles he can cover. The only slightly difficult thing with Chaac is to keep track of where your Thunder Strike is at all times. You don't want to accidentally teleport to a unfavorable location.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 25, 2014 9:50am | Report

Also Chaac is a strong and safe pick for the roles he can cover.

which would mostly be solo (and jungle)

he can support but with the slow he only has his ult as cc. herc is better on support because he has a pull and a knockback on shorter cooldown.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CanisPanther » August 25, 2014 5:57pm | Report
Looks like Herc of Chaac. I will roll the dice on which one to buy first. Thank you for the quick input and avenues of thought. I'll check back in in a week or so and let you know how it's going and/or if I have any questions. Thanks once again.

CanisPanther

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CanisPanther » August 25, 2014 10:23pm | Report
I've been browsing builds and guides and noticed Vulcan (Dinger), and Freya (Kayle). So many options, I better start grinding.

CanisPanther

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by gaby90000 » August 26, 2014 12:16am | Report
I swear to god :| .... I hate people who just compare them . Please stop , it's like saying that (for example as you said)- Vulcan is a copy of Heimerdinger and Freya a copy of Kayle. Or Anubis a copy of Nasus. Well they're not. It's mythology. I don't know if this annoys other persons but it sure annoys me.
Be the best and **** the rest !

gaby90000

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }