Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

agression good or bad thing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » agression good or bad thing? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gee7 » July 31, 2013 5:20am | Report
Well I have managed to reach level 17 and there are a number of gods I like but I die a lot not because I am actively feeding but I am a bit aggressive... alright I am a lot of aggression. I tend to charge into groups thinking that people will follow instead I find myself alone and my team mates are miles the other way running for the trees. So I am hoping someone knows what I am going through and has some useful advice. Much appreciated.

Gee7

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 31, 2013 6:20am | Report
No, it is not a good thing to go in alone against many. Learn to communicate with your team by using the chat or the voice system to tell them if you're going in or not. Also keep in mind to look at your teammates health, mana and if their ultimate are up before initiating, or your team might end up losing for that matter as well. It's actually very simple, you just got to get some more information if your side got the advantage or not if you would initiate at a certain point.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gee7 » July 31, 2013 6:47am | Report
thanks for the response... I did not realise there was a voice system how does it work? is it Ventrilo/Skype/teamspeak???

Gee7

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 31, 2013 6:57am | Report
Here is the commands:
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/467/~/smite%3A-vgs-commands

And when it comes to using an aggressive play-style, it can be good but have to know when to be aggressive and chasing enemies is what gets you killed 90 percent of the time. So learn when to back of (though you are only lvl 17, so you got a lot of time to improve on that).

I myself play passive-aggressive, I play passive until I see my enemy step out of position or do a mistake (use his escape for no reason, out of mana etc). Then I go in with all I got because I know I got the upper hand on him.

But it depends on what you play as well, it is the supports job to start the engagement in a duolane etc. So playing a support like Ymir, Bacchus or Sobek is a great way to practice how to be aggressive.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 31, 2013 11:13am | Report
Be aggressive in lane - poke your enemy, push the wave, make him lose gold at his tower, and ward so you don't get ganked by pushing up.

Otherwise, you shouldn't rush in. You didn't actively state what type of god you play, but basically, you should never ever go in first unless someone is able to be insta-killed or you are the tank. If you are the tank, your teammates should be literally on top of you when you get ready to go in, so that they'll be in range when you're near the enemy team. If your teammates are 30 yards back, when you go 30 yards in, they'll be 60 yards back with 0 way to follow up.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 31, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Aggression is good. But it can be bad. You need to learn the time to be agressive; when you feel you can get a kill with your partner, analyzing the enemies' level, items and abilities. But of course, there are certain gods you NEED to play agressively, so you can do your job. And some are passive.

Tanks are agressive, they are the ones that engage teamfights. Assassins are agressive as well. Mages and Supports are passive. Carries are a mix of both.

And remember to communicate with your team, with the VGS commands. So you can be sucessful with the agression.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 31, 2013 3:45pm | Report
It really depends on who you're up against. Against gods with good lane sustain, fighting them is an all-or-nothing scenario. Either you make a powerful aggressive play against them, or you don't bother attacking at all because they will just shrug off whatever poke damage you throw at them over time much more effectively than you can.

If you can't make that aggressive play, then try to be passive, since sustain gods will try to win through a war of attrition as opposed to bursting you down (since sustain favors drawn-out engagements). Avoid their pokes until you (and your teammate) have an ultimate ready, then try to make a power play.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 2, 2013 10:51am | Report
I play super aggressive with certain gods and depending who I am facing.

Example : I play super aggressive with xbalaque. With Anhur I play passive until I get the change to catch a mistake then I go aggressive.

If I am someone like agni I play alot more passive until I catch a mistake.

If I am playing against a hebo I may not be as aggressive since he can ult my face in.
Certain gods I wait to make a mistake and other gods I just go try hard aggressive on with no respect to what they can do because I simply don't fear them.

You can play ride or die aggressive which means you fight someone until either you die or they die. Usually this gets you both on low hp and you are just hoping the other person dies before you. This can be good or bad. Its very good if you get the kill but very good once you die.

I would say leave the super aggressive play style until you get level 30 and been playing smite longer.

I think most people played to aggressive when they were lower levels. I know when I first started I was way too aggressive.

Also just because you are a tank doesn't mean you can play aggressive early game. Early game it doesn't matter if you are a tank you will and can die.

Mid game and later you can start to play more aggressive if you are a tank but watch out early game because thats when you don't have any items.

You also need to know how fast your enemy will die, just have an idea of what items they have on so you know if being aggressive is even worth it. For example no point of me trying to go all aggressive try hard on ares when he will take to long to die.

I'd much rather go try hard aggressive on a poseidon who at least will die fast if you get your skill***** in.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 3, 2013 7:00pm | Report
had an over aggressive Agni soloing right lane today while I was jungling and ganking on hun batz. Yet he was sooooooooo aggressive. He would 'push' the two in his back to their tower where they would then push back and kill him easily. His opponents were Neith and Bacchus.

He would get mad and ask why I wasn't there to help him. I told him quite easily, I was not near him, if I did help him; I would die, and that he shouldn't be right at their tower when its 2v1.

Their Neith got fed with his death four times. The reason he wasn't mid was due to our Pos being mid. (Ya for people quickly auto locking their chars.)

Seriously, no player should ever be that aggressive when it's 2v1.

We ended up losing badly cause their Neith was so fed.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gee7 » August 6, 2013 6:03pm | Report
Again thanks for all the responses. Normally I play tanks... I prefer Ares and Ymir. I have also tried Xbalanque and Zeus. Yet even as tank in full health all my team mates do is run away. Sadly a lot of games I end up in has been people who speak Russian. But that's only occasionally. Anyway I am thinking that despite this being a team game its really every man for himself or herself. So I am wondering who is a good ranged guy for an aggressive player?

Gee7

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }