Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xbalanque help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Xbalanque help 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » November 26, 2013 11:34am | Report
Hey so just to let you guys know I am not new, yet far from it, I have been playing smite since the old old old guan yu came out, before baka.

I just need to find some help on xbalanque, the adc carry

I am not new to him, I have tried out thousands of guides and builds but always seem to fail miserably.

Help would be greatly appreciated
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Doomsday_Machine » November 26, 2013 12:59pm | Report
Xbalanque has one of if not the highest late game basic attack with his 1 active and some incredible early game poke with his 2-3 combo. From lvl 1-4 I add points only on 3 and 2(in that order), lvl 5 I get my 4 and don't add to 4 unless I have to from then on. Early game I'm very poke happy, as soon as my 2-3 are off cd I try to poke the enemy with it, but play a bit cautious because you will be burning your 3 which is your only escape(apart from ult). You must try to pick up early lane kills to achieve 6 on your passive asap, that will be up to your tank to set up plays, I like laning with ymir because early game ymir has good damage as well, at lvl 3-5 with ymir 3-2 combo and your 2-3 combo together should deal some serious damage to any god(even the tanks) and ymir can stun the enemy long enough for you to get close and get 3 poison darts on the enemy, land behind them with your 3 and just destroy with basic attacks, at level 5 you can cast your ult and with ymir's wall you can chase and kill the focus. Also pay attention to whats going on other lanes and use your 4 to help the jungler secure ganks and escape fights. Hope that helps, I play ranked with xbalanque and neith all the time, and usually get pretty fed or break even laning phase, dont forget your goal with hunters is to get fed laning phase and prevent the enemy hunter from getting fed.

Doomsday_Machine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » November 26, 2013 2:31pm | Report
Thank you so much! That helps a lot!

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 26, 2013 2:48pm | Report
Don't level your ultimate beyond the first.

Don't level up your poison darts before your Rising Jaguar.

Don't spam your branching bolas early or you will have no mana really quick.

Your Rising Jaguar is weird. It's your burst skill, your escape skill, and it's also a clearing skill. Try to use it the right way at the right time.

Ultimate is pure chase/escape skill.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 27, 2013 7:45am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Don't level up your poison darts before your Rising Jaguar.

Poison Darts > Rising Jaguar, remember that Poison Darts has 6 ticks so it does a ton of damage when you lvl it up and it gets reduced cooldown which is great.

If you just do the math about it you'll see how much damage it actually does.

Poison Darts
Base damage:
30/50/70/90/110 + 60/90/120/150/180 = 90/140/190/240/290 total

Percentage of your physical power:
+40% of your physical power + 120% = 160% total

And you of course get the extra 30% if you hit 2 darts and 60% if you hit 3 darts.

Rising Jaguar
Base damage:
80/130/180/230/280

+16/26/36/46/56 if you use the 2-->3 combo (which you should do ofc).

Percentage of your physical power:
+20% of your physical power

+ 4% with the 2-->3 combo.

So as you can see you get more out of maxing Poison Darts than Rising Jaguar, and you can save the dash for defensive use :P

Other than that most of it is said before :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » November 27, 2013 10:01am | Report
Man, this helps a lot, I am finally getting some kills with him, thx guys

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 1, 2013 7:30pm | Report
I wrote a Xbalanque guide if you check the link in my signature. Also, here: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/murder-by-moonlight-an-all-purpose-xbalanque-guide-3368

I cover everything from skills, what they do, when to use them, item builds for various playstyles, and a spattering of strategy for Conquest and Arena that I haven't quite finished yet, but will be in the works if I decide to start playing Smite a lot often again.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM or ask here, or in the guide comments.

And people are right, he does have incredibly high basic attack damage when you get the build going right. You can pull out 700-800 damage a crit, and crits on nearly every attack. I went 27/3 in the MotD yesterday because I was literally one-shotting everyone on the enemy team with my basic attacks. The key is skillshotting, you have to work on your aim, if you can't aim your basics then you'll have trouble.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }