Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thanatos Mentor & Help needed

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Thanatos Mentor & Help needed 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoothSlayed » March 8, 2015 1:19pm | Report
Hey guys and girls. So I've been playing smite for about a week now (first time playing a Moba), mostly as assassins. Started off playing Fenrir or Thor if Fen was taken but I love mythology & Thanatos is my favorite god. Currently I have Mastery I in Fen & Mastery II in Thana, but I'm looking to improve my play as Thanatos.

For the most part in conquest I start off by grabbing Death's Tool, Hand of the Gods & Sprint, following that I'll go for Mace & Cloak building those two up. Normally I'll build Cloak of Concentration then Jotunn's Wrath, then only finish off Spirit Cloak and this then give's me the full 40% CDR (or I think it does). My next items I do in a similar way Combat Boots, Short Sword, Round Shield, Tower Shield (normally both at once because it's semi cheap). Finishing I get Warrior Tabi, Malice, Shifter's Shield and argue with myself every game if I should take Bloodforge or Devourer's Gauntlet. Arena I generally follow the same pattern but start with Mace, Boots & Sprint.

Early game isn't to bad, start off taking the Speed Camp and the Mana Camp and I can usually get a few ganks in. Mid game is where it starts to fall apart though, damage stagnates and its harder to get kills. Lat game it picks up again. On standard I'm sitting at about a 1 for 1 KtD.

Oh yeah, If you are willing to mentor or team up with me feel free, add me game name is SoothSlayed, I play everyday for most of the day.

SoothSlayed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 8, 2015 2:06pm | Report
I'd say remove Sprint at least from your starter build. Also I'd say avoid split building too much on Thanatos. Go from Death's Toll to Warrior Tabi then into Jotunn's Wrath from there consider getting The Executioner and then Witchblade and finish off with perhaps Magi's Blessing and Deathbringer or Rage and Deathbringer (Or some other situational finishers).

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoothSlayed » March 8, 2015 2:25pm | Report
how'd you get those little pictures in there? that's awesome... The reason I take that sprint is to get into and out of situations quickly, more often than not I find myself chasing a nearly dead opponent down and once it's over I need to get out quickly or face certain doom, It really does help me pull out first blood 1 in 3 games.

SoothSlayed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 8, 2015 2:28pm | Report
Oh to get the pictures in you do [ [ Sprint ] ] without the spaces

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoothSlayed » March 8, 2015 3:57pm | Report
My biggest question at the moment is does Spirit Robe & Jotunn's Wrath stack properly for the full 40% CDR? if its going over the limit its a waste in which case I would switch Spirit Robe with something else, it's literally there for a little extra defense and to max out my CDR

SoothSlayed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 9, 2015 12:18am | Report
They should stack properly unless a bug occurs.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » March 9, 2015 12:46am | Report
Hello. As said above, I would recommend not getting sprint too. The thing is that you have to buy HoG as your first active, and then I prefer to get beads or aegis. I usually get - Death's Toll --> Warrior Tabi --> Jotun's Wrath and after that I sometimes get Qin's Sais for extra damage that you will need in late game. Actually after the buff to Spirit Robe I think it is a good item to consider, but I would recommend getting it as 5th or 6th item.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 9, 2015 1:28am | Report
Also if your going Deathbringer make sure you got a Malice or Rage as otherwise you won't hit as hard because 20% is pretty low on crits

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » March 9, 2015 9:11pm | Report
Hi SoothSlayed,

I do know a thing or two about Thanatos. He was, I believe, the second god I ever used. The first was Chaac and I absolutely stunk with him.

I tried sending you a request and messaging you in-game, but you were DND. If you ever want to group up and play some casual conquest, feel free to accept my request (if you didn't deny it already; I'm not sure) and message me when I'm on.

mlyn148

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }