Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ex-LoL Player Looking for Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Ex-LoL Player Looking for Help 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Endyium » August 7, 2013 10:15pm | Report
Hey, as my title states I have a background in League of Legends. I'm interested in learning pretty much everything about this game, since I just started playing. If anyone can play with me and explain to me the different game modes, what is most popular/competitive, gods, roles, and itemizations it would be great!
I'm interested in learning how to play mid, but I'll definitely try everything out first. I'm really clueless right now, so any help would be great. I want to get off to a good start on this game, that way I can focus on other things when leveling up (like mechanics, matchups, advanced strategies, etc).

Thanks! Just reply here or PM me :)

Endyium

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 7, 2013 11:06pm | Report
Conquest: Same as Summoner's Rift. Fire Giant = Baron Nashor//Gold Fury = Dragon. There are Damage (Red), Cooldown and Mana (Blue), and Speed (No match in LoL) Buffs. Inhib Turrets and Inhibitors are mixed into one Phoenix, which regenerates. The nexus is an actual tower that moves and attacks, but spells can be cast on it.

Domination = Dominion. Towers are actual monsters though, and you must stand on a defeated tower to capture it.

Arena = what it sounds like. Kills reduce enemy side reinforcements. Minion kills also do.

Joust: Proving Grounds - 1v1 or 3v3.

Assault: ARAM (Howling Abyss)

Athena = Shen. Anhur = Vayne. Loki = Shaco. Zeus = Kennen.

I know this isn't what you asked for, but I think this should help you start off!
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 8, 2013 12:16am | Report
Think of the feel of playing World of War craft mixed with a Moba. Don't complete the tutorial all at first, just move around and get the hang of it.

Once you feel comfortable playing in a 3rd person perspective, go on practice and practice your skill shots and your survivability. Practice is the best way to get better at mid. Ra and Artemis are two recommended mid and free gods.

Next I recommend getting to know your jungle and buffs. Fire Giant is the smite equivalent to the Baron Nasher and the Gold Fury is the smite equivalent to the Dragon. There are five buffs in the jungle:
-Speed
-CDR (CooldownReduction)
-Mana
power
-Neutral Furies.
(Sorry im way lazy to figure out any mistakes on my phone.)

Its pretty much all self teaching from there. Just practice a lot is what I can really tell you. Use a bunch of gods so you can save up for the one your best with.

happy smiting~

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 8, 2013 12:27am | Report
Attack damage = physical power. Ability power = magical power. Most other stats have the same name and functions.

BUT, with the lastest patch in SMITE, all magical gods now do magical basic attacks instead of physical (30(+25% magical power)magical damage)(so dealing a percentage of ability power if it is in LoL)

The best mid, like in LoL are mages. Carry (marksman) can also mid. The current META introduce a lot jungle that makes it viable so it looks like LoL.

Top Picks :
Tanks/support : ymir/bacchus/sobek/aphrodite
Carry : apollo/neith/anhur
Mages : poseidon/etc
Solo : hercules/odin
Jungle : fenrir/thor

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 8, 2013 12:31am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Next I recommend getting to know your jungle and buffs. Fire Giant is the smite equivalent to the Baron Nasher and the Gold Fury is the smite equivalent to the Dragon. There are five buffs in the jungle:
-Speed
-CDR (CooldownReduction)
-Mana
power
-Neutral Furies.
(Sorry im way lazy to figure out any mistakes on my phone.)

I bet you haven't played smite again (or you make mistake), cooldown and mana is now mixed

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 8, 2013 3:23am | Report
RazeMage wrote:
Top Picks :
Tanks/support : ymir/bacchus/sobek/aphrodite
Carry : apollo/neith/anhur
Mages : poseidon/etc
Solo : hercules/odin
Jungle : fenrir/thor

These are the standard picks in competitive games however, this is a skill-shot based game so if you fancy the look of a god, go for it because they all have great skills and can be fun to play!

The picks above are the top tier picks so will be safe!

If you want mids, there are a variety of them around, poseidon is probably one of the strongest atm but people like He-Bo (think Nuke mage) and Ao Kuang (farmer and pusher - with high damage ulti) are two great gods for this rols also.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zantej » August 8, 2013 10:29pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I bet you haven't played smite again (or you make mistake), cooldown and mana is now mixed

And Artemis is no longer free for new players. Instead it's Ra, Ymir, Poseidon, Neith and Odin.
Best tips I can give are these:
- Always press "k" and read your skills CAREFULLY before playing a new god
- Get good at landing skillshots, especially if you want to play carries
- Find out whether your god deals magical or physical damage. Anyone can spec some defense on them, but a a mage's ult will do very little if he has a physical build, which brings me to,
- DON'T USE AUTOBUY. EVER. Use builds on this website, and make sure they're reputable ones too. Eventually you'll learn to spec on the fly. Don't just use SmiteFire guides for the builds though, read the whole guide. You'll learn valuable strategies, and tons of other stuff you might have missed the first time around.

Anyway, if you're new enough to have the new set of free gods available, get good on Neith. She's very versatile. Ra is a solid mage pick, and Ymir is arguably the best tank in the game. In closing, remember that if your team calls you a noob, try not to take offense and instead find out what you're doing wrong. You can read as many builds and guides as you like, but 90% of the useful information you learn will be in-game. Have fun, and happy Smiting!

Zantej

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 9, 2013 5:30am | Report
Watch streams (Smitpro is good and the Smitefire stream ofc)
When it comes to builds I woul think you know a thing or two from LOL, so the popular tab in the shop is a great place to start (it is what the top ranked players build etc).
As zantej said reading guides is good when it comes to understanding how the different gods work and how to use their skill sets.

PMed you with some more stuff :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jgabrielmrbr » August 9, 2013 6:09am | Report
Some tips: don't buy a god because he/she seems to be good. (sometimes we think that we gonna do the same, but not happens)
To get new gods, try to get all the first wins of the day.
Play with the free gods to make sure if u want they.
And all the other tips of the others guys told here.

VVGL [Good luck] :D

jgabrielmrbr

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }