Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carry Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Carry Help 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 2, 2013 11:35pm | Report
I can play any god class out there (assassin, mage, tank, bruiser, support) except carry. I would like to become skilled with Xbalanque or Apollo. I either cannot get close enough to do much damage, or die trying. I'm level 30, so it's not like I'm a noob. I generally go positive with every other class except carry. Any tips or tricks about general strategy with carries would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 2, 2013 11:48pm | Report
Carry (save Apollo) is all about skills until about 3 items, then it's all about landing skill shots. Learn how to trade well with skills (Artemis's rain of arrows, Apollo's So Beautiful, Anhur's Impale, Xbalanque's Poison Dart+Rising Jaguar combo, Neith's Spirit Arrow, and Cupid's Heart Bomb), then late game hit many auto attacks.

My suggestion is pick Xbalanque or such and join the practice 3v3 arenas. Granted, the bots are basically mentally deficient, but it will still teach you how to land your shots. Mages have the benefit of usually big skillshots - carries have small projectiles. So go in, and simply practice learning how to land many autoattacks consistently. Late game, 90% of your damage is auto attack based, so learn how to do it.

If you still have trouble, work a Frostbound Hammer into your build as roughly the 3rd or 4th item to land auto attacks easier.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 3, 2013 1:32am | Report
Here's my list of what to learn from each carry :

Anhur : learning how to place your shifting sand to maximize damage and when to impale and trying to hit walls. Other than that, you need to make most basic attacks hit.

Apollo : apollo is all about basic attacks. Learn when to initiate and use serenade as well positioning yourself. Don't miss when audacity is up and learn split pushing with ult late game

Artemis : learn enemy's movement to put your trap as well as rain arrow as it slows them. Try to use your boar at the right time and learn auto attacks

Cupid : I don't really play cupid but try to hit your heart bomb while passive is up and when to use rain heart bomb to position your team

Neith : hitting with spirit arrow will devastate enemy's as your basic attack is easier to hit. Learn when to ult as not to ks allies

Xbal : learning combo of 2 and 3 will reduce many enemy's health. Learn to when to use ulti to devastate enemy. Positioning with him is important

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 3, 2013 11:42am | Report
When it comes to getting kills it is all about knowing when and how to punish the mistakes your enemy does and to follow up on your support/tank when he initiates.
And please god hit your basic attacks, the worst feeling for a support is setting up a perfect kill (which he could have easily KSed) only to have them getting away because the carry misses like 90% of his basic attacks. The carry has one job, and that is to get kills/objectives.

Arena is a superb mode to practice basic attacks and skillshots! ;)

And when it comes to not dying it is all about positioning. Most carries (except Apollo and maybe Anhur) have small chances for escape if you get caught out of position, so map awareness is important.

Kind of have to play conquest to get good at that (Arena helps you getting to know the different gods you are up against though).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }