Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bakasura vs. Fenrir

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Bakasura vs. Fenrir 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Proquession » July 21, 2013 4:49pm | Report
Hey there!

I would like to start playing jungle and I have narrowed my two characters down to Bakasura and Fenrir. I have seen both in action, being with and against them and have seen how much damage and how much of an impact each of them could do, If played properly.

So I have come to the dilemma of choosing between either of these Gods. I am not sure which one to use and thats why i am asking which one is the better jungler and which one would be best suit for a beginner/slightly experienced jungler.

So i am just looking for input on which one is the better jungler Bakasura or Fenrir

Thanks
-Proquession

Proquession

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 21, 2013 5:12pm | Report
Fenrir is better, in general. Bakasura has good counter jungling, and is a good dueler, but is very difficult to play correctly in teamfights. Fenrir has an ultimate that is exceptionally useful, makes ganks at 5 a practically guaranteed kill, a very good skillset put into a rotation, and a build-in lifesteal steroid that makes lifesteal items unnecessary. Finally, he's more durable in teamfights, and has two jumps, making the fatalis that bakasura needs to build unnecessary as well.

Just remember - both are crippled by...well, cripples. Neither can use jumps while in one. I suggest getting fenrir, but as you get better, consider thor or ne zha.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 21, 2013 5:23pm | Report
Gotta tell you, Fenrir beats Bakasura. Fenrir is product of Power Creeping, so he is pretty ''op'' as some people say. I don't really know in the jungle aspect. Bakasura can rule the jungle, but so can Fenrir( after lvl 5 only).

So, jungling I'd say Bakasura wins. But in every other aspect, Fenrir wins. I'd suggest you getting Fenrir first, then you should try Bakasura and other junglers later on.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Proquession » July 21, 2013 7:48pm | Report
Thanks for the input!
I appreciate it

-Proquession

Proquession

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 23, 2013 11:21am | Report
Fenrir is very strong in the jungle. He got some depth with all the different combination you can do with the runes.

For jungle clearing full runes combined with the 3 makes fenrir one of the fastest junglers. For sustain the the 2 is really good (you don't need full runes ofc).
And for ganking full runes on the 1 gives you a great stun and the 4 is superb for tower diving and stuff like that.

So I would definitely go for Fenrir in the start. I don't play jungle myself, but I've tried him out a few times in jungle and it is pretty easy (compared to Thor or Hun Batz, which are supposed to be the strongest junglers atm).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » August 3, 2013 5:20pm | Report
I haven't really played with fen that much, but after the new patch I have had a lot of fun with baka in the jungle. Especially with a smart team that can help set up the enemy he is deadly. However, you can get caught so easily with baka since he only has 1 jump/escape and no stuns.....you just have to play him smart and consider abilities like creeping curse, combat blink, etc to help you get other slow/escape options.

I can see why fen would be a more reliable choice though. He is also a "Bruiser" and you can build him different ways that give you a little more sustain and forgiveness than baka :)

GLHF
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 19, 2013 5:21am | Report
fenrir is idiot proof. You can literally inject bleach into your eyeballs, pass out on the keyboard, and get kills.

He's got two leaps and a long CC immune ult that makes him run faster. Oh and he regens health really hard via life steal making him one of the strongest regen gods in the game. His is so easy to land. Yeah, people can leap or activate beads. But there's little risk on your part for trying it and its the easiest pull ability in the game.

So... go with fenrir if you like being OP.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tujak » August 27, 2013 1:31am | Report
I played Fenrir till God Rank 7 (short before 8) as Bruiser in Lane and as Bruiser or Assassin in Jungle in my opinion Fenrir is a ways easier to learn and master as Bakasura.
But after a while i got bored of him propably cause i hate jungle and noone wants a Fenrir in lane at the actual metagame XD

so i wish u a lot of fun with the angy dog

Greetz

Tujak

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RTG1000 » August 29, 2013 10:45pm | Report
I don't use fenrir too often, but I would recommend using him over Bakasura. His ult can be op if used at the right time, and he's easy to learn.

RTG1000

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 5, 2013 1:29am | Report
Definitely Fenrir. I've played both in-lane and in the jungle, and Fenrir beats Bakasura by a long-shot. His 3 with full runes clears jungle camps like it's nothing, his 2 keeps him sustained, and his 1 is an amazing escape and engaging attack.

and imho, I don't think Fen is OP. His 3 is barely a jump and doesn't take him much distance at all, and you can still be easily put down while using your ult. Not to mention that getting caught in more than a 1v1 fight is usually a death sentence if they have any CC at all.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }