Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sup people!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Sup people! 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 29, 2016 4:36am | Report
So I randomly got attracted to Smite when it released on PSN(Open Beta) and tried it out, and now playing it hours and hours across many days ;o

Never thought a Moba can get me in so much.

I play Smite for quiet some time now on PS4 and there are few questions coming to my mind:

- Do you get Smite points for creating/joining and doing own matches?

- Are PS4 players that bad? I had so many losses, because the other players often sucked and ran into their dead instantly. I´m not bad in most modes and stay alive way longer than others most of the matches with decent k/d/a, but often the team mates are either doing low damage or dying like flies.

- Is the balance really that bad? I mean some gods are seriously OP, especially such as Chang´e, Ra or even Thor partly.

Novaultima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 29, 2016 6:40am | Report
Hey welcome to smitefire!

To answer your questions;

-if you mean playing custom matches, then I believe you don't get any favour or xp from them (or you might get reduced favour/xo, can't quite remember)

-as its just come out on ps4, and most people Playing it will probably have never played a MOBA before, it is understandable that there will be a lot of rubbish players right now.
Wait a few months more and people will start getting much better as they learn how to play a MOBA properly.

-the balance is actually pretty good, none of those gods you mentioned are in any way overpowered. They can all be countered effectively, you just need to learn how.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 29, 2016 1:22pm | Report
welcome

I believe you don't get exp or favor for costom matches

It's possible low lvls which also make the problem bigger. or mayeb you are also not doing as well as you think and teh others are even worse (you never know)

Yes the balance can be really bad but only PC has this problem with getting new releases which sometiems need to be fixed
And like cake said the oens you mentioned aren't near OP at all. Only Thor is considered high tier and used in the pro scene (chang'e got played once lately but not considered that high up)
I don't know why you call them OP cause maybe it can be a class thing you are talkign about (like adc/hunters do insane damage late game but **** early. mages do insane damage with abilities but their basic attacks are bad)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 29, 2016 5:04pm | Report
Novaultima wrote:

So I randomly got attracted to Smite when it released on PSN(Open Beta) and tried it out, and now playing it hours and hours across many days ;o

Never thought a Moba can get me in so much.

Welcome to the curse that is a MOBA game, an everlasting cycle of learning (and it can be REALLY fun).

Novaultima wrote:

I play Smite for quiet some time now on PS4 and there are few questions coming to my mind:

- Do you get Smite points for creating/joining and doing own matches?

In custom matches I would not think so. I would say to check the winning/losing screen after the game if you gained anything out of it.

Novaultima wrote:

- Are PS4 players that bad? I had so many losses, because the other players often sucked and ran into their dead instantly. I´m not bad in most modes and stay alive way longer than others most of the matches with decent k/d/a, but often the team mates are either doing low damage or dying like flies.

Currently yes, but it is to be expected from people who never experienced this type of game before. So they just assume that attack speed means more damage when really that isnt the case, or that they can just walk up to towers cause they assume its just part of the map. With time comes more learnt experience though, so expect some better players in the upcoming months.

(Once had a 33-3 game on PS4, I felt bad for them honestly)

Novaultima wrote:

- Is the balance really that bad? I mean some gods are seriously OP, especially such as Chang´e, Ra or even Thor partly.

As you come to play the game more, you will see a difference in the gods. Every god has their little "niche" so to speak, and then comes the fact that the pro players use them differently then the regular average player.

Ra is hard hitting healer, but his only escape is his movement speed and has hard to hit skillshots. With a good stun he is dead in 2 secs. But he is also a good sniper so to speak. Every god has a good and bad factor to it (except for the newer gods sometimes, especially Skadi and Raijin, new gods always get nerfs).

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 30, 2016 5:24am | Report
Thanks!

I guess you can make partys then on PS4 version and enter the PvP game modes this way, else it would be impossible to increase level and gain smite points via premade team.

I don´t mind if players are unexperienced, but if they run into their death instantly it´s just not funny anymore :)

Also funny: AI at 3 vs 3 co-op was often harder to beat than real players in 3 vs 3 on the first days I played Smite, gg.

Novaultima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 31, 2016 12:22am | Report
you should be able to queue up with with people in the different modes as long as it doesn't go over their cap (e.g. you cant play a four man 3v3 joust in the same team XD)
It can be that normal CQ doesn't allow you to go into when having a aprt of 4 or 5 people (or this has changed as you needed to queue up in pre made conquest when playign with 5 people)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }